• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Not much. I'm honestly not a fan of how it runs at all. I prefer the ranking system in Mario Kart 8. </3
    But it's fun to play Splat Zones and see how much you can raise your rank! If you're already at Level 20, that might be all you can do until new content is added.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I tried out the Luna Blaster; it doesn't seem to OHKO your opponent often like those practice targets.

I have finally unlocked all of the abilities from the gear I bought so far, so I've tried Ranked Battles once again. I was on a winning streak, raising my rank to a C+. I'm close to getting a B- at 78 points, but then Gamepad needed to charge, so it was time for my break. ;_;

Years
  • Just got the game two days ago, it's pretty sick though. I'm like lv. 9 atm, hopefully that'll get better soon enough. Any tips on what weapons to use? I feel like roller is the best one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As far as weapons go, I think you should pay attention to the active stages to decide on your weapon. The more flat areas like the Warehouse, in my experience, are better suited for the roller. With the skatepark areas that have kind of spherical and deeper ends, I prefer a gun. But it's really your call in the end. Whatever works best for you!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Use the Splattergun weapons, as they have longer range and better special weapons than the Rollers. The most recommended are the Aerosprays, which you can get easily from the campaign mode.

Welp, it took me awhile, but I've now reached to A- on Rank Battles. For those of you who've already taken this mode, what are your current ranks?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I'm B-, and I can't get out of it because seemingly everytime my rank goes up, it gets back down again at some point.

Also Roller only works if you have a supportive team with ranged weapons. And it has a lot less use in Splat Zones than Turf Wars IMO.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Good news, the delayed Splatfest is now scheduled on July 4th, which is Independence Day. Unfortunately, it's still Cats vs. Dogs rather than teams based on American Independence.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Use the Splattergun weapons, as they have longer range and better special weapons than the Rollers. The most recommended are the Aerosprays, which you can get easily from the campaign mode.

Welp, it took me awhile, but I've now reached to A- on Rank Battles. For those of you who've already taken this mode, what are your current ranks?

I'm actually solid A rank in Rank Battles. I'm just now waiting for that Skyscraper Map to be released. I need my Highrise Map.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hey guys, we're getting new weapons tonight!
    Tonight, fans of Nintendo's ink-flinging mayhem game, Splatoon, will fear a couple of new weapons entering the fray. The Carbon Roller will become available at 7 PM Pacific Time. It's lighter than some of the others in the arsenal which should prove to be more maneuverable on the battlefield. It also comes with Burst Bombs and the Inkzooka to make quick work of any long-distance attackers.

At the same time as the Carbon Rollers' release comes the Custom Dual Squelcher. It's got rapid fire, double barrel action with Squid Beacons and the Killer Wail. You'll surely be able to cover a lot of ground with this combination. These new weapons come just a few days before the first every Splatfest competition. It's best to get used to them now so you can utterly destroy your opponents on July 4.

Splatoon!

Splatoon!

source

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Finally, some new weapons I could actually use properly.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Update Alert! Tower Control mode is almost here! From the official Splatoon Tumblr...

Splatoon!

Tomorrow, on 7/1 at 7 PM PT, a new Ranked Battle will be added to the game! This new mode is called Tower Control. Hop aboard the tower placed in the middle of the map, and ride it to your opponent's goal. stay sharp—you'll have to protect whoever's riding the tower from enemy attacks!
    Once someone jumps onto the tower, it starts moving along a set path toward the other team's goal. If the tower doesn't arrive at either goal before time runs out, the team that's moved it closest toward their opponent's goal wins. Ride the tower all the way into the other team's goal though, and you'll get a decisive knockout victory.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm at level 8 now and I feel like leveling up is becoming more of a drag, but then I realized that the more battles you play, the faster you level up. I was barely at 6 yesterday and I raised two more levels. Plus I can finally use the Krak-on Splat Roller...I've become a lot more comfortable with splat rollers than splat guns.

I really can't wait till I get Level 10, I really want to play ranked so badly. :(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My current mood right now after my A rank decreased into A- and still decreasing:

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just hit level 12 lmao. I still haven't even beaten the one player mode. I usually just pop this in when I have free time and play turf wars. I haven't even done ranked yet lmao. I am boring. :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • THAT'S IT! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! One more loss, and I'll move back to B+, so I had to quit before that happens. If this keeps up, then I'll never be able to reach A+ and become of the best players of the game. My life really is over; I can't suffer through this anymore!

Back