• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steve Jobs, Apple Co-Founder, dead at 56 from Pancreatic cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen today
    I'm so proud of the fact I have an Apple inspired username that just so happens to be a username that I've kept the longest out of all the usernames I've ever had. Funny thing to be proud over, I know, but something I think people who know me will understand and appreciate.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I told my sister half an hour ago that I finally give Apple props as the iCloud is just a genius idea. I told my parents I want an iPhone 5, well 4GS now. I was finally turning around and wanting to start "Thinking Differently", then I hear this. May he rest in peace.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • One of the "computer godfathers" who helped usher in computers into our homes and our lives. A true visionary, he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P Steve Jobs; 1955-2011.

Not only this; he's helped to shape the world. All forms of communication and media wouldn't have been the same without him. His time came way too early. RIP Steve Jobs.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I've got as much respect for Steve as the next guy, but anybody else think Apple is taking his memorial way too far? They're practically sucking the guy's.. u know. Terrible picture, too lol.

But in all seriousness, Steve Jobs was a genius and not only is he no longer CEO of Apple, he will have absolutely no say in what advances Apple makes, not even as a consultant. Very sad. But the man made his mark on the world and will always be remembered for that. Wozniak on the other hand...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Truly a sad day for the tech community. I cried when I heard the news. I knew he was very sick, I didn't think his time will come so soon. He was truly a genius and inspiration to all. He made me realize that even though their products were overpriced, they pave the way of technology as a whole. I love my iPod Touch and iPad. Two great devices. He will be truly, truly missed. Rest in Peace Steve Jobs. My condolences to his friends and family.

Years
  • Rest in Peace

I'm deeply saddened by his death. He will be sorely missed, and he truly changed the world of technology. I know I shouldn't be crying, but I am. :'(

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I honestly don't know how to word how I feel about this. It sucks, it really does. Apple will never be the same without him there.

Years
    • Seen today
    Bill Gates released statement saying "I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work. Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely."

Zet

Years
  • Bill Gates released statement saying "I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work. Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely."

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Gates does something else to make sure everyone remembers who Steve Jobs was.

Also do you have the link to that?

Years

• To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Gates does something else to make sure everyone remembers who Steve Jobs was.

Also do you have the link to that?

It's right here, I believe, but regardless, that was quite a heartfelt message from Gates and shows the level of respect the two had for each other.

On the topic of Steve Jobs' death, well this is truly a tragic event and it's sad to see such a revolutionary in the field of technology leave this world, may only the best happen to his family and friends.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Death is death; it's sad whenever a person dies. My condolences to the family and friends of a very successful businessman.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    http://twitter.com/#!/margiejphelps

..Sigh. If anything is to be believed by this, the Westboro Baptist Church is going to picket at Steve Job's funeral.
    Look, regardless of how he acted as a businessman or how he should have used his platform as one of the most influential people in technology, he shouldn't have to have these sickening people protest at his funeral. This is just stupid.

Zet

Years
  • http://twitter.com/#!/margiejphelps

..Sigh. If anything is to be believed by this, the Westboro Baptist Church is going to picket at Steve Job's funeral.
    Look, regardless of how he acted as a businessman or how he should have used his platform as one of the most influential people in technology, he shouldn't have to have these sickening people protest at his funeral. This is just stupid.

It's best to avoid reading anything Westboro related to save brain cells.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Westboro still exists? Don't they hate anything and everything that's outside their walls?

leews24

ha
    Years
  • Today, is a sad day.
    I am no Apple fan, in fact I hated Apple's recent actions against competitors.
    But Steve Jobs was amazing.
    Like it or not, mankind has lost another amzing man in history of IT.
    Without him, Android, WP7, BB would not be all here. He had created an amazing new market.
    RIP Steve Jobs, MobileTech maniacs like me will miss your sayings like "7inch tablets are a fail".

However I am seriously worried of Apple. Although I do hate iOS(iPod,iTouch,iPhone,iPad), as I am a big android supporter, I do not want to see Apple go downhills.
    To me it looks like it is.
    Tim Cook, please do a good job. And quit suing Samsung.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • At least it is known that he died peacefully at home, surrounded by his family.
    Rest in Peace, good sir. May your soul be at peace.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Such a great minded person.
    He'll never be forgotten.
    R.I.P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back