• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I don't really limit myself to how many characters I play, because I pretty much play as everyone as long as I like how they play, and there's only a few that I don't like. Though there's definitely characters that I use way more than others, and obviously the few characters that I'll completely focus on.

Any character in my signature is a character that I will always use.

Still need to try out the newcomers obviously. I don't like Villager and Mega Man in the demo though. :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Wasn't the limited number of mains for fan-made Smash Bros. license sigs suppose to be 3? I remember there was one back in the Brawl days. I try to limit myself to 5 or 10 mains, they're the most common numbers for top lists.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    My mains were mostly characters that I liked, or they appealed to me, regardless of what game they were from. And if I also liked their move set, because there were some characters that did appeal to me, but I wasn't very comfortable using them.

Like for example, Marth and Roy (from super smash bros melee, ugh how I miss Roy)

They pretty much have the same move sets, but Roy's attacks appealed to me more, so I ended up using him a lot. Maybe was because his were more flashier with the fire sword, but Marth didn't seem as strong to me as Roy was, he didn't have the same feel.

I also always use Pikachu in every game because of it's movesets and Link borders a bit, because I like him as a character, and his movesets are okay, but I can play either pretty terrible with him or really awesome.

Then there's also Kirby, he's my savior because of his balloon ability haha. And now we have Villager, who've I've grown to using in the demo. Him/her moves are fun and appealing to use, I mean what's not great about being able to ride a Lloid? lmao

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Judging by your guy's replies, I think I might add some more characters to my practice list. I've been thinking about using Pac Man.

I still don't understand why some people find Mega Man to be disappointing. He felt pretty natural to me in the demo. I also rocked as Mario in the demo too lol.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    They pretty much have the same move sets, but Roy's attacks appealed to me more, so I ended up using him a lot. Maybe was because his were more flashier with the fire sword, but Marth didn't seem as strong to me as Roy was, he didn't have the same feel.
    Marth pretty much outclassed Roy in every way actually. He was way stronger, way faster, had overall better set of moves and aerials, a better grab range (though Roy's is still second best), better combos...actually Roy was really terrible in Melee lol.

Also bragging time. 5 KOS!

That fall was actually an SD from dropping too deep to get the off stage kill, but it was worth it. lol

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Marth pretty much outclassed Roy in every way actually. He was way stronger, way faster, had overall better set of moves and aerials, a better grab range (though Roy's is still second best), better combos...actually Roy was really terrible in Melee lol.

Really? I did not know that lol I guess that's why Roy was never continued in later games.

I just could not get the feel of Marth as much as I did playing with Roy, I dunno why lol :(

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Judging by your guy's replies, I think I might add some more characters to my practice list. I've been thinking about using Pac Man.

I still don't understand why some people find Mega Man to be disappointing. He felt pretty natural to me in the demo. I also rocked as Mario in the demo too lol.

I'm assuming it's because he plays so differently from the other characters, playing more so like he does in his own series, and that makes him harder to get used to than the rest.

Also, my current practice list consists of:
    -Greninja (who I played as at Smash-fest, really like his play style)
    -Duck Hunt Dog (seems like he'd be a quirky, unpredictable fighter, also to annoy one of my friends who hates that he's in)
    -Shulk (because he's Shulk, and I'm really feeling him)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Really? I did not know that lol I guess that's why Roy was never continued in later games.

I just could not get the feel of Marth as much as I did playing with Roy, I dunno why lol :(
    Actually Roy (and Mewtwo and Dr. Mario) was supposed to be in Brawl, but Sonic, being a last minute addition, took all the development time.

Doc is back because the roster needed padding, because they had to cut characters mid-development. Lucina pretty much makes Roy obsolete as a Marth clone without the sword gimmick. (As opposed to Roy's being the opposite gimmick of Marth's which is why he was bad)

Marth and Roy do play very differently from each other to be fair. You can't really play Roy as you could with Marth lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Just treid the Demo, and I LOVE Mega Man so far! His attacks and overall movement is great! I am really excited for the release in two weeks, I don't normally preorder but I preorderd this :). I can't wait for Little Mac!

I first played Brawl several years ago and loved it. It's so much fun with friends, and when I heard about Smash 4 I was really excited to see how much better it would be than Brawl. With the addition of Global Smash Power, Smash Run, the new characters and items, the new stages and all of the little details the devs have paid great attention to, this will be the greatest Smash yet!

I'm also really excited for Miis, especially Mii Brawler :).

BrandoSheriff

Years
    I thought I was the only one who really liked the Miis! xD

At first, I though the idea of having them in a Smash game was ridiculous, since they were creeping into nearly every Nintendo game, with a moveset from Wii Sports or something. Then they threw that "create-a-fighter/customizable movesets" curve ball, and now I can't wait to fully customize my own Mii fighter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Preordered this, first preorder I've placed ever. I just want to play this game on release date so bad!
    I got lucky and got given the unlimited demo, so ofc i'm playing that a lot now :P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    A new article has emerged, where Sakurai discusses enemies from Smash Run, voice acting, and returning characters who didn't made the cut: https://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=237943

Now obviously, looking at the comments section, fans are responding negatively and calling him a hypocrite through certain exceptions (Dr. Mario's return, Bowser Jr. keeping his cartoonish voice, etc.), but what do you guys think?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Good god googly moogly I just played the demo of a new smash bros. On my 3Ds. Without knowing the controls, why is there no eManual? Whatever, new smash. The 2DS is godly for comfort, 4 hours of heavy playing against high level cpus and I feel fine. But man, no c-stick makes it a butch for smash attacks. Link is beastly, my main since melee. Did they upgrade the spin radius? And holy **** at autoblock, tbolt spammung pika is piss easy. Last of all, it screams N3DS enhanced game, first time a game resets the home menu.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Something I was wondering.....how many people do you all usually like to have in a fight? I've always been more of a 1v1 person myself.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I've been doing one on ones all day, can't stand more then that if I'm just doing vs fights like in the demo.man I'm addicted, ecven if I'm really rusty. Been soamming the spin attack the whole time. Villager is also insane, love bum rushing iff the stage while on the rocket to a distant fie, only to recover back in time. Also is their an auti grab that slightly draws you to the,ledge? Been doing it the whole time for some reason.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I don't mind FFA but I much prefer 1v1. 2V2 team match is really fun too.

Evil Stud Muffin are you drunk

Reactions: Nah

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    No its my phone, doesn't like the bbs. Sometimes posts come out normal, sometimes "that" happens. Its embarrassing, and I'm truly sorry anyone has to endure it. So yeah, is there an auto grab?

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    Auto grab to the ledge you mean? Yes. It's referred to as "ledge-snapping" and it debuted in Brawl. A lot of people don't like it but I don't mind it. Especially in this new iteration with the mechanic put in place to completely nullify the ability to edge-hog. Super happy about that.

But honestly, I think Mario and Villager are by far the greatest characters in the demo version with Villager easily having the potential to be top tier in the full game.

BrandoSheriff

Years
    I'm better in 1v1 matches, Free-For-All gets really hectic at times with so many characters on screen. I still like it though, and don't mind 2v2 Team Matches, which I wish I could try in the demo.

Also, I've gotten better with Mega Man. I think I'll tack him on to my practice list as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I can play on both 1v1 matches and FFA matches, but I'm not as good in 1v1 matches, since I place the CPU at lvl 9, which I assume is how competitive gamers play at.

Back