• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TCTI 8.6.0-rc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
Years
  • Yea, but I simply don't think much of it after a whole day spent on a lab, all I want when I get home after climbing 3 floors of stairs is eat Kinder and play games and play guitar, but looking at what 5 years of doing jack shit for physical activity did to me...
    /looks at noticeable belly forming and cries

Years
  • Heh, I get you. After a hard day's work it's easier to just relax and enjoy yourself.

I work early shifts, we're talking 6AM early. I also need to drive about 20 miles to get there so I need to get up preeetty early just to shower, get ready and be down there for at least 5:45. Because of my early shifts I don't get to work out in the morning like I used to, instead it's usually during the evening.

It's cool though. Working out generally makes me feel happier, awake and plenty alert when carrying out difficult tasks. Plenty of benefits attached, including much needed boosts in morale.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • ...you wake up before 6am? What kind of inhuman superpower do you have and how did you get it?

Waking up at 8am is already a huge pain for me. I usually get to the faculty between 9-10am and back home after 6pm. Those two hours between leaving and dinner would probably be a nice time to exercise. However it would probably leave me too tired to do anything study-wise for the entire night.

I wish I had that will, working out would probably help me relax and throw away the anxiety for a while.

Years
  • I've been trying to figure out how I could wake up that early for the longest time, I think I'm programmed to be an early bird. It helps a lot since I get more done during the day, but it doesn't help so much when all I want to do is sleep, when I'm so tired and drained of energy yet my body will refuse to go back to sleep.

I'd say try it anyway since we're all full of "it probably won't work" thoughts before engaging in a workout and thinking "hang on a minute, I feel like I could tackle the world if I could tackle that shit."

The idea is that you go through the stress that gets put on your body and the aftermath of it all can elevate fatigue and give you a hit of dopamine, or at least a bit of positivity. Keep it up and it becomes a long term effect.

On the other hand you could also give it a shot and see its not for you. Least you tried!

Years
  • 233042. I need to start working in a workout of any kind into my schedule in order to try to stop those nights where I'm still awake until 1 AM because I can't fall asleep. Maybe then I'll be up early enough to actually properly be getting ready for work every morning instead of rushing out the door most of the time.

Years
  • 233044. I mean, what you're probably wanting to suggest wouldn't have enough of an impact.

What I should actually do is sign up for a membership at the gym in my town and start walking a gradually increasing distance every day on the treadmill. The problem for that will be making room for it in my budget, though.

blue

gucci
    Years

Oh god, the gym. That's something I really need to start going to more next year. There's a reasonably priced one just round the corner from my house too so I've no excuses anymore.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just can sneak in an hour of gym every other day unless I start waking up earlier, and considering I get home from work at 23:30, I... yeah. I'm already having lunch at a hilariously early hour for a Spaniard (13:20). And I have a bad enough backlog of current news magazines as it is.

Years
  • Eating less is generally useful for those of us who are huge. It's how I lost 30 lbs to start last year.

But that alone can only get you so far.

Who needs the gym when you can go running/hiking out in nature? :D

I mean, have you seen how nature gets where I live in December, January, February, and March? You'd be running in the protection of indoors, too. Hypothermia is a legitimate threat to one's life during those four months.

Reactions: noa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back