• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket Is BORING now!

Sick of Team Rocket?

• Duh! They're annoying!

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Come on, different team already.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Not really (only people with problems would choose this)

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    down with team rocket
    up with team galactic

So they can do the samething Team rocket does now? It's not a win situation here. If you replace JJ&M with three new people, they would be basically doing the samething. But if you get rid of anyone following Satoshi and his friends, then you have no one to be an antagonist from episode to episode. Unless you want to make a new character for each episode, which isn't something most people want to do over and over again because sooner or later they'll begin to look the similar to past villains.

Hmm...from the poll's standards, it appears that I have problems.

Last edited:

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    One thing I believe is true is that the writers and producers of the show are regretting not using Team Rocket sparingly when the anime was first created. The writers and producers unknowingly set a dangerous precedent in the a few seasons by including Team Rocket in all the episodes (apart from the first episode). With hindsight they wouldn't have made that mistake.

In the majority of episodes they are necessary to maintain a strong plot but there are indeed some episodes where the plot is strong enough by itself and they still appear just for the sake of continuity despite not being needed. I guess this is where a lot of the fan frustration comes from.

I think it's way too late now to start missing them out of episodes. They are as big of part of the show as Ash is. Replacing them is definitely not the answer; you'll just end up with the same situation plus they've been in there way too long and people would miss them. The only possible solution I can think of is having some episodes where they do there own stuff and don't end up interacting with Ash and company and even that may not work.

PS - I forgot to mention this earlier but I have problems..........

Last edited:

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I like the fact that they Try and mix things up a bit with sometimes different villians, but honestly, they wonder why they lose? They need new pokemon, like just go catch a wooper or something!

Years
    Theyve been boring and old for ages now- makes the anime pretty bad and they just seem to be there to fill gaps in episodes- scrap them and just have Galactic and Hunter J as the villians!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Team Rocket no longer plays the villian role too well, but I don't find them annoying. After all these years I'm still fond of them. Actually I'm attached to them now, and I wasn't that way when I was younger.. THEN I thought they were annoying. It's like they grew on me, or something.

SickSilver

Kaba Modern
    Years
    • Age 31
    • L.A.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Team Rocket is super annoying. Its the same thing in every episode. They come out and then try to steal some pkmn but always end up getting blown away by Ash and his crew. They need something fresh.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    People on here seem to always complain about Team Rocket. Whine whine whine, moan moan moan. I mean, be grateful that we have constant comedic antagonism on this show.

Besides, if that doesn't help think of a filler(probably in Johto). Was horrible, with barely any conflict(which comes from Team Rocket) now subtract them from the equation. What do we get? An utterly boring, pointless episode. And if we replaced them people will complain, and the new goofballs will be exaaaaaactly the same so deal. with. it.

vano-m

2nd year University student
    Years
    This has to be the most annoying thing in the anime series of Pokemon, TEAM ROCKET, I mean come on, don't you think Team Magma/Aqua could of been the Hoenn series and so on. What do you guys think?
    Team Rocket - the only thing, why i watch Pokemon. They are the best! Cute, Cool, Courageous, Romantic, Funny etc. Its much more interesting to watch them, not Ash and other crazy-of-ribbon-and-bages twerps. So how you can even speak about Team Rocket (from capitals) in such way!

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Jessie, James, Meowth are indeed some of the most human, complex, and developed character complexes of the anime, however trite, but I think the writers are quite content and slaked by how they are now and how they've been since nigh the beginning of the series. If the writers weren't happy with the way they were they would have changed a stretch back. And remember that their will and the will of the fans can be rather seperate - not to denounce or dissuade anyone, but power concedes nothing without the request and action behind it. The fanbase can have an impact but I think their decisions are ultimately up to them.

Would I like to see them get more limelight and stop their banal tendency of staying the course of Ash, Pikachu, and company? Yes. Do I see it happening? Well, I can't say that but one can always hope, which there's nothing invalid in, by my view.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Wahoo, I have problems.

I think that Team Rocket could stay on the show (as if they'd give them the boot anyway) but they need to find an actual role: comic relief, or serious villainy? The serious villainy is pretty much occupied by whichever evil team already inhabited the region, so the Rocket trio can be comic relief OR be idiots, and follow Ash to capture a Pokemon everywhere he goes.

Personally, I think Team Rocket should act less like a group of Native Americans hunting bison.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    yossarian said:
    They'll just be a copy of Team Rocket except without the humour and character. People will eventually get bored of them the same way they are getting bored with Team Rocket.
    Sidekicks and cronies in general tend to always get the cheap portion of the share. Of course, that's not to castigate Jessie, James, and Meowth, for they aren't black and white in intentions but rather are ambiguous in morality IMO. I rather think that's the reason why Cassidy and Butch seldom get limelight or even air time - lack of interest because they put on a commanding front of toughness and earnestness yet don't do that much better than Jessie, James, or Meowth in the long term.

Again, a lot of this had to do with application. But I think we'll just have to wait out and see since this is the will of the writers.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    They were awesome in the old episodes like in the first movie the boss Trying to use mewtwo and the fourth movie the fifth movie and that's it.
    They should show Butch and Cassidy More often

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    In my opinion they should stay, but undergo a huge change.

Why do they always have to steal the pokemon?

I Say Jessie and James just go out there and catch a dratini-bagon, or some other pokemon, and actually train them to pwn Ash and Co.

In logic:

Yup enough fans would complain about taking them away. Its tradition for them to come up with some lame plan, have a giovanie (w/e his name is) cutscene where they give the pokemon, and then buy a machine, and their catchphrase:

"Team rocket is blasting off again!"

You just cant take that out, its born with the show, and dies with the show.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I rememberr one time when I had laid off the anime for awhile and came back to it and heard their new saying. I was just like May when she came to Sinnoh I was like.........woah......that was pretty awesome lol

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    Before I say anything, I think people who say 'not really' have, well, problems... not like extreme ones! >D Like, do you have an opinion or not? Can you defend not having an opinion. Be neutral, it just seems odd when a poll has mainly 'not really' as the answer. Mind you, the answers on this poll were didn't give enough range - you could think they were 'annoying and they haven't changed'.
    Okay, that's a bit too in-depth for such a petty thing as the 'not really' answer.

Personally on the question, I think they should stay in the show as the pseudo-evil team they are (and succeed a little (they could do something devious, even if it isn't something as Pokétheft)- bad guys can win in real life, and I'm sure a lot of kids are fans (I was! ^^)).
    Just don't appear in every single episode. I feel that they were unnecessary to the plot in a lot of episodes. If they appear, say every 3-4 episodes, and have a decent subplot/mini-arc to do with them, it will add something (have an episode or so without the Ash-group, and focus on the Rockets a tiny bit, not like every second episode or anything, just a tad more). And it will add an 'will they turn up or not' question, rather than will they blast off four or five times in the first half?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Before I say anything, I think people who say 'not really' have, well, problems... not like extreme ones! >D Like, do you have an opinion or not? Can you defend not having an opinion. Be neutral, it just seems odd when a poll has mainly 'not really' as the answer. Mind you, the answers on this poll were didn't give enough range - you could think they were 'annoying and they haven't changed'.
    Okay, that's a bit too in-depth for such a petty thing as the 'not really' answer.

"Not really" was the only answer you could give you on the poll if you didn't think they were annoying. The fact that people voted for that when some random person said you had problems show that they really don't think that Team Rocket are annoying and that they do have an opinion haha.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    They were awesome in the old episodes like in the first movie the boss Trying to use mewtwo and the fourth movie the fifth movie and that's it.
    They should show Butch and Cassidy More often

Both of those two have become about as big as jokes as JJ&M have become in the perspective of some.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I'll say this much - I prefer flawed villains to villains who always see prospect. "Flawlessness" (which surmounts to quite a conundrum that feels plenty confusing for me) equals worship rather than examination, whereas flawed characters incur interest and depth of complexity. Thus, I don't mind that Jessie, James, and Meowth don't succeed and are so morally ambiguous by default nature... I just don't like their redundant application.

Mitch

The Reliable
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I blame the script writers. Maybe they should do a Rocket centered episode.

Back