• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket Is BORING now!

Sick of Team Rocket?

• Duh! They're annoying!

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Come on, different team already.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Not really (only people with problems would choose this)

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They should show more of the rivalry with Butch and Cassidy

raichu262410

Electric Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    To me they do get kind of boring but I just think it would be weird not seeing them often. I think they would be better as a secondary kind of like team galactic is now, but I would make them appear more often because James is hilarious. So was Meowth when he had his old voice.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I haven't seen the new episodes, so I do not know what they have done with Team Rocket, but in the old ones it was like; Ash met somebody, tried to help them, Team Rocket comes, and their plan fails. Although I do enjoy the first few seasons, the repetition of Team Rocket was kind of annoying and I wish they were put into the show a little more creatively. Just my opinion.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    In the old episodes, team rocket was pretty funny to some people. Now, they are just... random and annoying. Meowth was pretty funny too.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I hate Butch and Cassidy. Why? I don't know haha. Maybe if the show started out with them as the villiains and Jessie and James showing up randomly, I would hate them instead. But I prefer Jessie and James. What I would like, is more about them. Team Rocket have always and I believe will always be my favorite villians. (check out my post above for more info).

One of my favorite things about Team Rocket is Meowth. Meowth can TALK. How many other Pokemon can do that? I love how no one; professors, elite 4 members, gym leaders seem to care that he talks. I love it. I wish the show would give more background into not just Jessie, James, and Meowth, but Team Rocket as a whole. I hope they never get rid of them. Just maybe a little less blasting off though..I'm on the Johto Master Quest season now and it's getting so annoying. Every episode, said character of the day needs help. Ash and friends help. Team Rocket attempts (miserably), and fails (miserably) every time. Blah. Wobbuffet and Victreebel still get me every time though! Love em.

I'm definitely not tired of Team Rocket (yet, I still have many seasons to go before I'm all caught up).

Years
    I can't stand Team Rocket anymore, mainly Jessie, James and Meowth. If I was running the show, I would have had them blasted off once and for all and give Team Rocket a complete overhaul.

They are a villanous team. They should be doing more evil stuff, but parents would be complaining about the show being too violent for kids to see.

So, I guess we're stuck with those three losers.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I think it would also be cool if jessie gave it a break and kinda stuck to contests. It's obvious that she has some talent for it.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I can't stand Team Rocket anymore, mainly Jessie, James and Meowth. If I was running the show, I would have had them blasted off once and for all and give Team Rocket a complete overhaul.

They are a villanous team. They should be doing more evil stuff, but parents would be complaining about the show being too violent for kids to see.

So, I guess we're stuck with those three losers.

You're exactly right. While I might not agree with them blasting off once and for all though haha.

It's like you said, Team Rocket is a villianous team. I'm still on the Johto seasons, but I can't belive that Team Rocket has gone through 5 seasons, plus AG and DP which I haven't seen yet, and are still FAIL FAIL FAIL.

I just wish they would succeed. Just once. Let Team Rocket win just one time. I guess that's too much for these fragile little kids nowadays. Jeeze haha..back when I was a kid...ugh.

Years
    Wow. Someone agrees.

Honestly, if they really wanted to have Team Rocket succeed just once, it's usually saved for a movie. Then, they can get away with that, since it's sort of an unwritten rule in my mind, that you can have a darker storyline when you make a movie out of the show.

That is why we got fanfiction. You can have Team Rocket go completely psycho and rule Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh with an iron fist and not worry about the kiddies crying about how their favorite Pokemon got enslaved by Team Rocket for evil purposes. That's what I'm doing right now.

Honestly, I think they are trying to not go on the path where they had Optimus Prime die in Transformers: The Movie back in the 80's. Kids were DEVASTATED!!

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Haha yeah! That was a bit before my time but I remember watching that when I was a kid. It made me sad, but I understood.

My thing is, to really understand Pokemon, you've gotta have an imagination. That's the problem with the anime, I don't feel anything when I watch it. There's not enough action, there's no character development, there's no PERSONALITY.

It's a shame the anime is made for kids. I've seen some pictures of the Sinnoh generation, and Ash still looks the same as the first day he started his journey. My friend even told me that Ash tells Dawn he's 10 years old!? Is that true?

Anyway, Team Rocket should be used the way they were meant to be used. Evil.

I want to write more but I really need to get to sleep hahaha.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Originally Posted by joehat
    My thing is, to really understand Pokemon, you've gotta have an imagination. That's the problem with the anime, I don't feel anything when I watch it. There's not enough action, there's no character development, there's no PERSONALITY.
    Actually the only problem with that is their translaters pokemon needs to get better translaters learn japaneese and watch the japan version of the anime Im sure it would make a lot more sense.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Actually the only problem with that is their translaters pokemon needs to get better translaters learn japaneese and watch the japan version of the anime Im sure it would make a lot more sense.

But it's basically the same thing. The only real difference in the BGM.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Haha what's the new motto? I'm not on D/P yet.

Jessise: Listen, is that a voice I hear?
    James: It's speaking to me loud and clear.
    Jessie: On the wind.
    James: Past the stars.
    Meowth: In your ear!
    Jessie: Bringing chaos at a breakneck pace.
    James: Dashing hope, putting fear in its place.
    Jessie: A rose by any other name is just as sweet.
    James: When everything's worse, our work is complete.
    Jessie: Jessie!
    James: James!
    Meowth: And Meowth, now dat's a name!
    Jessie: Putting the do-gooders in their place...
    James: ...we're Team Rocket...
    All: ...in your face!
    Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly I've been thinking about it, and I don't think the anime might seem the same without Team Rocket...it would just seem like some copycats who just want to steal ash's pokemon again...plsu they might have as much humor or character as Team rocket does...though I would like to see Team Rocket put up more of a fight though...especially in some filler episodes that seem a little pointless or so...

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    What, the same better translators who meant to write themselves into a corner with the whole thing about Butterfree dying after mating?

I think you mean saying Brock's mum died, the dub never said Butterfree would die.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think it would also be cool if jessie gave it a break and kinda stuck to contests. It's obvious that she has some talent for it.

True, except she is always depending on James and Meowth to work on great appeals...it shows so in some of the episodes....

Back