• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shiny Green Stone [Recruiting]

Should I change the Water Starter?

• Yes

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Username: My username

Position: Beta Testing, Userbar Maker, Storyline/Plot/Idea Generator

Proof of Work: Well, I beta test for Pokemon: Ultimate Quest by Nikolai Fox, Pokemon: Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon Heroes: Tri Elements by PEPITO1010. Also, I'm testing for a lot of other hacks in production when readily available to test, like Team Faze. For userbars, I've made a lot and you could go to Team Masterz Page to check some of them out. And storyline, I don't know how I would proof that, I'll just help.

Past Experiences/Current Projects: Finding bugs no one else did in Ultimate Quest and Destiny/ making userbars for people.

Contact Info: PM. VM. Email.

Why you want to join the team: Well, I like the way your story is set up, I like your fakemon, and overall I'd like to help your team.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry the map may take a while these trees are so big and annoying
    I know, eh?
    Lawl.
    Well, take your time.

Alright thanks, so when i start? i will be kinda active now (too much free time :P), i have read the project in this threat a bit, and it seems about fakemons, so if you could show me the pokemons that have been made their stats moves, that would be cool.
    More info about the project in general would be cool too.

a nice thing to do with fakemons would be making combo types that aren't on game, like Fighting/Ground, and Phychic/Fighting Poison/Dark which aren't on gen 3 and are pretty nice.

The best typing to add would be Bug/Ground, a big pinsir alike, which would be cool thing to put on those mountain areas, the typing is great to avoid the annoying overusage of Fight/Ground, plus it is immune to thunderwave. Guts can make it tronger avoiding the burn, but a fire pokemon would rather just actually deal fire damage to it, its also not weak to rock, which is important for buggies. Weak to most special attacks so it makes it fair (fire, water, ice).

Another fun type to play would be Water/eletric, (better than lanturn) because that type is fun to play, the 4x resist to steel would be cool to counter that strong overused type.

Well this are just some ideas,i don't know the project very well yet, but i wanted to take some iniciative, i will get better ideas as i know more.
    Well, I'm figuring out the Pokedex right now. And, I'm going to have some real Pokemon. But for the first 151, it's sort of Half and Half. I really haven't counted.
    But you know, there are 386 of them, so your ideas might work, for competitive battling.

And don't take this personally, but fix your grammar and spelling. It makes people, well, less agitated by the disorganization and such. Take your time typing.

As for stats, I have most of them. But it takes time, which I'm sort of getting more of. But two's better than one.
    So think about the Bug Pokemon.

Spoiler:

The first line emphasizes Attack, the Second is Defense.
    Let's see what you come up with.

Position: The Thread CSS and Images thing
    Proof of Work: My signature and this guys signature (he did edit it a bit though, like the font and stuff)
    Past Experiences/Current Projects: Well none but this part isnt to do with ROM Hacking XD
    Contact Info: Well it's all in my profile if you ever need it.
    Why you want to join the team: Never joined one before so i wan to see what its like, and ive now got a lot of free time on my hand thanks to school ending =P
    Alright then, you can do our CSS, since I'm not that good at it.

Username: My username

Position: Beta Testing, Userbar Maker, Storyline/Plot/Idea Generator

Proof of Work: Well, I beta test for Pokemon: Ultimate Quest by Nikolai Fox, Pokemon: Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon Heroes: Tri Elements by PEPITO1010. Also, I'm testing for a lot of other hacks in production when readily available to test, like Team Faze. For userbars, I've made a lot and you could go to Team Masterz Page to check some of them out. And storyline, I don't know how I would proof that, I'll just help.

Past Experiences/Current Projects: Finding bugs no one else did in Ultimate Quest and Destiny/ making userbars for people.

Contact Info: PM. VM. Email.

Why you want to join the team: Well, I like the way your story is set up, I like your fakemon, and overall I'd like to help your team.
    Well, it's Proof of work, and rather not which Hacks you are testing for.
    Storyline will be just like writing a short story. Trying to engage the reader into playing the hack using descriptive words and such.

Okay, you're in for Beta Testing.

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Alright, here's a short story.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't like the last few lines.
    "They've already caught Dialga."
    That sounds weird to me, but it might be just me.

But yeah, you're in. For Storyline Guy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As for stats, I have most of them. But it takes time, which I'm sort of getting more of. But two's better than one.
    So think about the Bug Pokemon.

The first line emphasizes Attack, the Second is Defense.
    Let's see what you come up with.

Ok i will work on grammar :P but most of my errors happen due distraction i guess.
    Moving on.

Ok i like those pokemons and their types, the first one should be something like:
    The attacking one.
    HP 44-52-80
    Att 45-45-112
    Def 28-60-65
    SpA 23-15-42
    SpD 28-28-109
    Spe 32-15-97

Abilities: Well can be Shield Dust at first two evos, then swarm at last one, or just swarm all the 3, not sure about Guts.

In game: In early stages, the pokemon relies on its good attack to evolve, can take some hits with his defense, later on becomes slower but bulkier, in the last stage becomes a nice speed and good attack coupled with two physical types meaning it will become a pokemon nice to play with, good special defense won't let him die too easy.

Metagame: Can easily switch in a dark pokemon, and from there setup substitute, making your opponent to at least sacrifice one pokemon to eliminate this threat.
    Substitute for safety, and to activate Swarm and salac berry, so you can out speed most counters.

Counters: Pretty much anything with flying type thats faster, as they also resist both stabs, take care with Hidden power Rock predicts through.
    Gyarados can counter with intimidate at full health, but otherwise it will die to hidden power rock.
    Gligar resists stabs and isn't weak to rock, and packs aerial ace.
    Skarmory just like gligar but doesn't resist fighting, but the high defense doesn't mind much, can also whirldwind.

Moves: Substitute/Vital Throw/Signal Beam/Hidden Power Rock (or something like this)

Seems pretty cool, what you think? i will make the other one now in other post.

I still have to do some testing, even with this one.

Edit: COMPOUNDEYES ability + Dynamic Punch could make this pokemon interesting, like Dynamic Punch, Body Slam, Signal Beam, Hidden Power Ghost (physical too), coming in a dark pokemon, and body slaming/dynamic punch whatever comes in, making parafusion hax, HD ghost for ghosts :P.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Talk about Metagame Later.
    Stats:
    (Final Form)Sp.Def and Speed are too high. Sp.Atk is too low.
    And it has Levitate.
    First two are okay, though the Sp.Def for the second is too low.
    And the both have Shield Dust.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Talk about Metagame Later.
    Stats:
    (Final Form)Sp.Def and Speed are too high. Sp.Atk is too low.
    And it has Levitate.
    First two are okay, though the Sp.Def for the second is too low.
    And the both have Shield Dust.
    Levitate kinda ruins much the salac berry/swarm set, but then its a immunity (even through it was a resistance).

By what you said you problably like something like this:
    HP 44-52-80
    Att 45-45-113
    Def 28-53-68
    SpA 23-21-68
    SpD 28-28-94
    Spe 32-16-82

Which is a bit more balanced in every way, but then i pumped the attack a bit more to compensate the speed loss, i know they are just bugs, but i hate a bit when things like butterfree, beedril, beautifly, ledian, ariados, duxtox are just useless, maybe lets make this a Bulk Up Batom Pass?

Moving on, here is how i premade the other one:

HP 44-52-80
    Att 35-38-86
    Def 34-58-125
    SpA 27-23-67
    SpD 30-31-94
    Spe 30-13-48

Since its a rock, special attack is low, but then, def is high, special def is highich so it can be a tank.

The move set could be, Knock Off, Leech Seed, Toxic, Rest for the tank, and Curse, Rock Slide, Signal Beam, Rest/Mirror Coat/Counter for the curse staller.
    Whats gonna be the ability of this one?

Years
    • Seen today
    It's also levitate.

Alright, thanks for the stats.

Now work on...The Stump on the first page.

Years
    • Seen today
    To be honest, it's nothing that special.

Show me a few more maps, and I might let you in.

As of now, you are Pending.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, upload some more.

Like make a city, and a route.
    Just make it, don't take Shadowstone's.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It's also levitate.

Alright, thanks for the stats.

Now work on...The Stump on the first page.

Can you give me some more info about it? like ability? (hyper cutter?) types? Grass/Dark Grass/Steel? and what stage it is? it looks like the first stage(?).

Anyways i tested the Bugs on a rom, and here are their reworked stats:

Attack one:
    HP 44-50-80
    Att 45-48-111
    Def 30-51-70
    SpA 23-23-70
    SpD 28-28-90
    Spe 30-15-84

Defend one:
    HP 44-50-80
    Att 41-44-85
    Def 33-53-122
    SpA 26-26-80
    SpD 28-28-90
    Spe 28-14-48

The differences are not big, yet they matter, because when i tested, due the low attack in first stages it was kinda hard, so i pumped that sightly, the defense of the 2nd one was too great, plus the rock type in early game is kinda a big deal, so i lowered that.
    The early 3rd evolution is great in game, mostly due their great types, but the hard time to evolve them makes up for this.
    In late game they are easy to evolve, yet they aren't as useful due to more common weakness, yet they aren't totally useless because they can perform certain duties and counter some types, its well balanced.
    Levitate is great to maybe stop a bit the earthquake overuse in metagame, mainly in double battles.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Ta da!

A preview of this hoorrid map :P
    Not sure how to keep going.

Note its bigger then this, its 67x48
    JUst show the part i mapped

Years
    • Seen today
    Here you go.
    Spoiler:
    Those look pretty bland.
    If you can't show me anything interesting, I'm afraid you will be declined.

Ta da!

A preview of this hoorrid map :P
    Not sure how to keep going.

Note its bigger then this, its 67x48
    JUst show the part i mapped
    Make all dimensions divisible by 4.
    And that's all you have? Put some more time into it.

I can map and script quite well.
    Show me some proof.

Can you give me some more info about it? like ability? (hyper cutter?) types? Grass/Dark Grass/Steel? and what stage it is? it looks like the first stage(?).

Anyways i tested the Bugs on a rom, and here are their reworked stats:

Attack one:
    HP 44-50-80
    Att 45-48-111
    Def 30-51-70
    SpA 23-23-70
    SpD 28-28-90
    Spe 30-15-84

Defend one:
    HP 44-50-80
    Att 41-44-85
    Def 33-53-122
    SpA 26-26-80
    SpD 28-28-90
    Spe 28-14-48

The differences are not big, yet they matter, because when i tested, due the low attack in first stages it was kinda hard, so i pumped that sightly, the defense of the 2nd one was too great, plus the rock type in early game is kinda a big deal, so i lowered that.
    The early 3rd evolution is great in game, mostly due their great types, but the hard time to evolve them makes up for this.
    In late game they are easy to evolve, yet they aren't as useful due to more common weakness, yet they aren't totally useless because they can perform certain duties and counter some types, its well balanced.
    Levitate is great to maybe stop a bit the earthquake overuse in metagame, mainly in double battles.
    Alright.
    Italics mean to lower, Bold is Raise.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Those look pretty bland.
    Alright.
    Italics mean to lower, Bold is Raise.

Attack one:
    HP 44-50-80/80
    Att 45-48-111/115
    Def 30-50-70/68
    SpA 21-21-70/68
    SpD 30-31-90/90
    Spe 30-15-84/83

Defend one:
    HP 44-50-80
    Att 41-44-85
    Def 33-53-122
    SpA 23-23-80
    SpD 30-31-90
    Spe 29-14-48

Here are the changes on SpD on 2nd forms mostly, raised just sightly because if too much it would be imba, because their typing and Def make them strong on physical side, so they must be weak on special side.
    I know you wanted to pump the Attack of the Attacking Bug, but thats kinda too much for a level 10, even the 111 was, i made that alternative and i am checking damage calculator with tackle, the 115 can be fine, as you need 3 hits to KO beedril/butterfree with tackle or a 35 neutral power move, it haves the same base attack has entei but with better types, plus they are physical, at level 10, so now its up to you to consider those two alternatives, it can be the 2nd one if it dosen't learn either Megahorn or Superpower (because they would become 160 power moves because of the STAB).

About the stump:
    Can you give me some more info about it? like ability? (hyper cutter?) types? Grass/Dark Grass/Steel? and what stage it is? it looks like the first stage(?). Please answer so i can work on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    This thing.
    Grass/Steel.

Ability is Intimidate/Other Ability that fits.
    Ok, it looks nice :D
    Grass/Steel is a great type against Leech Seed/Toxic Stallers.
    Another ability it could be sticky hold, since the axe is stick there.
    With that ability it would be also immune to knock off, which wall annoyers also use, metagame wise.
    With intimdate it woud make a lot more of switches, like a "boah", + the typing would allow to "boah" those annoying walls since they can't do much to them, so having a nice attack or special attack to attack something that switches in would be cool.

I just wanted to know what you think before i come up with stats.

And what you say about the bugs in my post above?

Back