• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Booster Pack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceGoo

FC: 3995 4802 7649
Years
  • I've gotten a Muk EX and a Hariyama EX in the same booster pack. =D (thats IIRC, pretty sure though)

Also my friend got a Shining Alakazam and a Jirachi EX in the same pack also. Positive that this is true though.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I bought a Majestic Dawn pack as I haven't gotten any from that set. In it was a Holofoil Infernape and a Holo Cresselia.
    Later I got an EX Power Keepers (9 cards...that's low) which had a rare Mightyena and a Shellgen. Tell me, how do holo's work in the EX series? There's some weird cards there and me, being new to the "new cards" (everything Expedition onwards) don't get it.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Opened a pack of stormfront yesterday and got Charizard secret rare!
    The Booster Pack Thread

setstage

Competetive DPt Battler
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2009
    wow really? i always get bad pulls, i cant wait till i can get at a stormfront booster box, im bound and determined to get the shiny duskull and driftloon for my deck

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • I went to Wal-Mart yesterday but they had very little selection thanks to being unorganized since they moved. (I miss our old WalMart.. :'( )

Tomorrow I'm going to a place that should have the older cards and newer, so I may walk out with like 5 booster packs, I must have one of those shiny Pokemon cards. :P

If not, I still love the art, y'know?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    A few friends and I just picked up a few boxes of Stormfront. I pulled just about every rare I could have hoped for, albeit only one Raichu (A friend is trading me, however, for one). All three shiny holos, charizard secret rare (!), Raichu LV.X and Dusknoir LV.X.

Overall, very pleased. I also have a few call energies in the mail. =D

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I ordered 2 Team Rocket Boosters. They'll come soon. I'm mega psyched, "old" cards, in unopened boosters. I'll give an expose on the results when they arrive.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Bull.

Can someone tell me why I always get the same cards in the same packs? In one of them I got Horsea twice (I think Dragon Frontiers), one's picture is kinda holographic, and in the next pack I get ANOTHER Horsea.

In the next two I get Croconaw twice, and in one I get a non-holo TV Reporter and in the next I get a holo TV Reporter.
    What happened to holo rare cards I.E. Blastoise and Gengar?

Of course, not a single "Star" card. I'm going to keep trying but getting the same cards in the same packs sucks. <_<

I'm glad I got a Ninetales card though, that cheered me up a little.

And I can't find Stormfront anywhere... I really want that Voltorb card or any of them really.

while I was at Toys R Us I got a new binder for my new cards (mostly for my RSE cards though), 2 Super Mushroom tins, a Dusk Ball and a Toad figurine along with 3 Event Dragonites deep-fried to go.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Well I bought one of those Booster Bundles which included a POP Latias. I managed to get a Reverse Holo Politoed, Another Reverse Holo Gligar, a Weavil, A shiny Yammega...nice cards.
    Yet later I found an EX:Unseen Forces and found a holo Unown L...whoot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2010
    I just finished up opening a full box (36 packs) of DP Stormfront cards. XD For the most part things were very good. I got every card in the regular set (excluding Level X, shiny, Charmander, etc.) except number 6, Raichu. :/

As for the rest:
    Chaizard reprint! (In the very first pack, too! That got me excited to open the rest...)
    Machamp Lv X
    Heatran Lv X (In the very last pack. Oh, the suspense...)
    Shiny Voltorb

I had hoped to get at least another on more of the Shinies, but...

As for multiples, I got multiples of pretty much everything else, even holo rare Empoleon and Regigigas (well, one regular holo and one reverse holo for both).

But still...Charizard !

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I bought a Diamond and Pearl and Mysterious Treasures. They weren't ideal, but I got a rare Nidoqueen and a rare Wynaut

Years
  • I'm hoping to get out to a store today, as one of our chains (Meijer, I know many of you don't know it) is having a 1 Week Sale: 30% off all Trading Cards

So I can get up to 7 packs for a simple 20 Dollars, so I may get 2 of those old packs with shiny Pokemon in them, and 2 Stormfront, or go all out Stormfront. Either way, I feel some holos coming on!

NeoIdea23

Top Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    I opened up a pack of stormfront and got a shiny voltorb :) and a Salamence. My friend got a lumineon and a torterra too.

Years
  • I just got 4 packs of Stormfront, the good cards I got were:

Shiny picture Regigigas
    Dusknoir lv X
    Abomasnow
    Shiny picture Empoleon

So Im pretty happy ^^

Years
  • Still no cards....
    I'm hoping to get some, but it doesn't look likely as I really want Shadows of Almia...

Either way, I will get Stormfront till I have at least 1 shiny, a Lv X, a holo, and one of the reprints.

Anyone know what the other reprints from new Japanese packs are?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2010
    Still no cards....
    I'm hoping to get some, but it doesn't look likely as I really want Shadows of Almia...

Either way, I will get Stormfront till I have at least 1 shiny, a Lv X, a holo, and one of the reprints.

Anyone know what the other reprints from new Japanese packs are?
    The set following Stormfront will have Scyther, Electabuzz, and Hitmonchan as remakes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back