• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Brown Bag Kinda Beverage Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    straight whiskey is my drink of choice, but I will drink literally anything as long as it's not worse than piss-taste cheap beer; such as Luck Hax's beloved Carlsberg

kura + 1 small peroni = madness????

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    if i drink at all it has to be something i can shoot.. such as tequila, vodka, whiskey, patron, etc.
    i can't handle the taste of alcohol very well, so if i drink it's for the sole purpose of getting messed up.

drinking because you enjoy the taste of alcoholic drinks is an odd concept for me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • straight whiskey is my drink of choice, but I will drink literally anything as long as it's not worse than piss-taste cheap beer; such as Luck Hax's beloved Carlsberg

kura + 1 small peroni = madness????

Of course, Ryan. Also.. I'm going to BYOC next weekend (bring your own cocktail.) Heard of it? It's in Brighton. A pretty fabulous venue, actually.

And my tolerance has built since then! A couple weeks ago at our game's wrap party, I had the urge to take advantage of the free drinks- so I asked the bartender at the pub to make me easy cocktails (like the Godfather which is 50% amaretto, 50% whisky.) Had like 7 different spirit-based lowball cocktails that night! To be fair I was also drinking a pint of water with and between each one.. so that helps. I wasn't even hungover the next day. For the most part I was a little tispy but completely fine :3

England has trained me well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Of course, Ryan. Also.. I'm going to BYOC next weekend (bring your own cocktail.) Heard of it? It's in Brighton. A pretty fabulous venue, actually.

And my tolerance has built since then! A couple weeks ago at our game's wrap party, I had the urge to take advantage of the free drinks- so I asked the bartender at the pub to make me easy cocktails (like the Godfather which is 50% amaretto, 50% whisky.) Had like 7 different spirit-based lowball cocktails that night! To be fair I was also drinking a pint of water with and between each one.. so that helps. I wasn't even hungover the next day. For the most part I was a little tispy but completely fine :3

BYOC is fabulous, you'll have fun. What are you bringing with you?

Most places in the lanes are pretty great actually. Although my absolute favourite is just going to the Pavillion Gardens and chatting to strangers.

Years
  • I don't really drink much at all now mostly just beer on the odd occasion (I used to drink wine but i've totally gone of it now).
    I used to drink more when I was younger, but not to excess, whilst I have got a little bit drunk in the past (but never to the level of having a hangover of vomiting all over the place), I detest the idea of not being in full control off myself (plus I find Drunk people highly annoying).
    I think to be honest society glorifies binge drinking far to much. Drinking in moderation and in order to appreciating fine Beers, Wines and spirits is great, but when people just pour copious amounts of "booze" down their throats because they think it makes them "cool" then thats not good at all!!!

Lucid

Do an amaretto sour with a splash of cherry juice, if you want it weak, do a splash of fizzy water

Sirfetch’d

Drinking doesn't appeal to me as much as it probably does most people. I've tried it a few times and it's okay I guess but I am very small so I have very little tolerance lol. If I do drink though, I prefer wine as I hate the taste of all beer and other types of liquor are generally just too strong for my taste.

Detox

I'm not really a beer man myself, but I will drink it from time to time. Brand doesn't really matter much since every kind I come into contact with seems to taste the same (yes, I know I need to try new things). I am a big fan of whiskey though, especially Jack Daniels. I seem to be the only one in the household who likes the stuff, and my mom treats it like battery acid.

I'm also a fan of the more sweet drinks, and I don't really care if they are "girly" or whatever, so long as they taste good.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I hate waking up after drinking, so I often avoid it. When I do drink (Vegas), I do Coors/Pacifico and also Coca-Cola + Coconut Rum. I could drink that crap all night.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • BYOC is fabulous, you'll have fun. What are you bringing with you?

Most places in the lanes are pretty great actually. Although my absolute favourite is just going to the Pavillion Gardens and chatting to strangers.
    Um.. pear puree, barista-style coconut creamer, grape fanta, havana club 3-yo rum, disaronno, gin, jim beam bourbon, might bring some wine, jager, whisky and navy rum and might bring a m and s christmas brandy! Will just see..

Do an amaretto sour with a splash of cherry juice, if you want it weak, do a splash of fizzy water
    sounds nice! Will have to give that a shot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think my consensus is I like most things besides wine. I've tried so many wines and it's just awful. I only drink it when I'm in the mood to be wine drunk because that's a nice feeling. Anyway I really like beer, anything hard is okay besides vodka. If it's mixed well in a drink then it's tolerable.

but I usually go out and get drinks. Which in that case I LOVE MARGARITAS!!! My favorite thing to get is any kind of citrus margarita. Usually orange and lime. It has to be done right though. I'm not a fan of like the shitty margaritas you can get at chili's which is literally just sour mix in a glass. I HATE mojitos. They usually have a weird soap/mint taste that is not pleasant at all. I've only tried two sangria's which I liked both, but they were both up the fruity alley so idk how I would feel about a different kind. I've had many scorpion/zombie bowls which I also enjoy. I also got this drink called dead man or something along those lines at a Chinese restaurant and omg I think it was all alcohol, I came to understand why it was called that lol.

Anyway my fav simple drink is just captain's on the rocks with a lime.

Back