• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Years
    242 345

The new forums are weirding me out. A lot of stuff got swapped around. Like the thread starter used to be on the right and latest post on the left. I've also hit report multiple times because it's where the Like button used to be rofl

The flip to the other side of the screen is not necessarily bad, but I'm not seeing a 'go to first unread post' button before I enter a thread anymore =\
    There is a 'Jump to New' button when I go into a thread, on it's first page, but like...
    1) that takes me back to posts in late October, after which I've still posted in those threads, so it's definitely not the first unread/new post lol
    2) Entering threads on the first page just to hit Jump to New is clunky in the first place.

Clunky is what the new forum feels like to me in general tbh.

Also I was updating my Dungeon Escape game earlier and it generated a whole bunch of extra bb code for some reason which effed up the layout badly... had to manually remove and then copy paste the original code back in. =\
    Which then seemed to work despite being the exact same code I originally put in lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Though my edit was with the 'Toggle BB Code' button enabled... which might be why it didn't create such a mess of unnecessary code again. or not, idk. I'm not a coder =P

I'm also forced to refresh every forum section and every thread I enter manually or it won't show 'new' posts (and by new I mean any posts made since I last logged in on Friday). This seems to be a one time thing though so far, probably a result of the migration.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    242 347

There are aspects of the new site I like and some I don't. I'll get used to it either way, but most of the changes I'm pushing the hardest to see are things that bring back legacy features and (please god) the different colors. (roll names, tags, etc) Another thing I'd really love to see sooner rather than later is that neat bar that separated pinned threads from non-pinned ones. That I think would make finding the most recent posts much nicer with the new style.

Things do look a little different now. Even with all the old styles available...

My Sweet Kisses! *Pepehands*

Years
    242 350

Well clicking the thread title now seems to take me to the first unread post. Previously it just took me to the first page. Edit: okay weird... it now takes me back to the first page again... I guess it only works when there's a new post in the thread? :unsure:
    Not being able to enter a thread at the first unread post directly from the thread list was honestly my main gripe as it was a QoL feature I used continously every day to navigate around on the old forum.

The other stuff I'll get used to =P

Also I'm seeing a divider between sticky and normal threads now. That was definitly not there this morning though =P

Last edited:
    Years
    242 354

The 'Similar threads' thing at the bottom is weirding me out. After I click post, it often goes up and out of view and I end up staring at the Similar threads list, which looks so similar to a sub-forum's thread list that I've several times thought I left the thread already.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    242 356

One thing which bumms me out occasionally that a post just won't get posted and instead there's this really long waiting phase with the loading animation. And when that's done I have to click on "post reply" again for it to work. :(

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    242 358

It's the first snow of the year for me! :D (not at all a fan of the 'seasonal holiday', but I love snow)

The 'Similar threads' thing at the bottom is weirding me out. After I click post, it often goes up and out of view and I end up staring at the Similar threads list, which looks so similar to a sub-forum's thread list that I've several times thought I left the thread already.

I'm not a fan of it either, I mostly just find it destracting.

Back