• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Years
  • 243 204

I agree with ZeoStar that Mimikyu is the better Pokemon (its such an innovative interpretation of the "Pikaclone" trope) but Dhelmise is still a neat concept with a great design. Tbh I think a lot of Gen 7 Pokemon are slept on in general; other then the starters & Mimikyu they hardly seem to get any recognition.

Days
  • 243 205

Many Pokemon are under-utilized and under-rated due to some famous Pokemon. Charizard comes to my mind yet again. Dhelmise is amazing, and catch rate is also low, making it one of the tough catch.

Another thing which went missing from the recent generation is Fossil Pokemon. Fossil Pokemon are nice, and gen-VIII brought different type combination as opposed to primary Rock Type in all previous generation. But it went missing from S/V in favor of futuristic/vintage Pokemon thing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    243 206

I think I like gen 7's Pokemon more than gen 8's. Gen 8 is in a very weird spot for me. But I think it also comes down to how its linearity kinda clashes with the Wild Area concept. I much prefer gen 9's open world to the gen 8 attempt.

Years
  • 243 210.

Gen 9 is on the weaker side for new mons for me too. Iirc I liked like 40% of them during the base game at the time, whereas for gen 6, 7 & 8 I liked like 70-something % + of them.

As far as new favorites go... the grass cat line and Espathra and that's pretty much it.
    As already stated there's a bunch more that I do like, like Chien-Pao, Iron Bundle, Ceruledge/Armarouge, Baxcalibur, to name a few. New favorites however, they are not... though I do have newfound respect for Baxcalibur now that I'm using one on my ice types playthrough... the thing just kicks butt, plain and simple xD

Days
  • 243 211

I also don't like Gen-IX, and majority of rosters are bit weird for me. Gen-III to Gen-V were best in terms of all of these, followed by other generations till Gen-VIII. Sw/Sh was much better than S/V in terms of Pokemon design, and open-world game was best depicted in Legends:Arceus. And I only liked few Pokemon from S/V which includes Ceruledge, Tinkaton, Archaludon and Fezandipiti. That's it......

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    243 212

I actually do like a lot of gen 9's Pokemon. Favorites include Tinkaton (of course), Iron Valiant, Flutter Mane, both Grass and Fire starter lines, Ceruledge and the other one, etc.

I think in terms of most favorites there's still gens 3, 4 and 5 as contestants, though. And of course, gen 7 has a bunch of cool mons, as well.

Days
  • 243 216

AI could be good tool, but I suppose that it should be limited into computing and neural processing cases for computations only, and not should be adopted for other things. Statistical Interpretation is the first thing which comes to my mind when I think of AI usage. Nowadays AI-enabled things are advertised a lot on various companies and websites, as if they are entirely dependent upon it. But another thing which I felt that AI-generated images are not as much good as what artists draw with their skills.

I had seen in news that students use AI-enabled methods to write articles, letters which automatically corrects their mistake, rather than letting them understand it. Even Gmail also offers predictive texts during composing the mail. In this regard, old-school MS Office is much better which underlines our mistakes with different colors pointing to different types of mistake, rather than auto-correcting it on their own.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    243 217
    I like Tinkaton too, but someone used it as a point that many of these Gen 9 Pokemon look like they were created with A.I
    That's the first time I've heart of that. But I feel like, if that were true we would have already heart more of it.
    AI could be good tool, but I suppose that it should be limited into computing and neural processing cases for computations only, and not should be adopted for other things. Statistical Interpretation is the first thing which comes to my mind when I think of AI usage. Nowadays AI-enabled things are advertised a lot on various companies and websites, as if they are entirely dependent upon it. But another thing which I felt that AI-generated images are not as much good as what artists draw with their skills.

I had seen in news that students use AI-enabled methods to write articles, letters which automatically corrects their mistake, rather than letting them understand it. Even Gmail also offers predictive texts during composing the mail. In this regard, old-school MS Office is much better which underlines our mistakes with different colors pointing to different types of mistake, rather than auto-correcting it on their own.
    Working people want it to be used to get rid of menial work like a lot of office work. Business people want it to cut costs. And a lot of the stuff they want to cut happens to be the cool stuff. And one of the two has more power than the other. ^^"

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • 243 218

crab.gif

-every business ever

Back