• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
Years
  • I can't be bothered using CSS, because I'm either too lazy to find out how to use CSS, or I don't care.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • And what were YOU using? Gerri's guide was pretty straight forward XD;

Actually I must point out that I did not create the guide, my best friend Heatran did. He taught me all I know of CSS code. and he's a pretty good teacher I might add. but yeah, that's his work, not mine, I don't deserve the credit.
    (a hint for Amachi, I don't steal others code anymore, now that I have the resource of Heatran's guide, I've compiled my own Base of code that I can now edit to make whatever.)

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • Actually I must point out that I did not create the guide, my best friend Heatran did. He taught me all I know of CSS code. and he's a pretty good teacher I might add. but yeah, that's his work, not mine, I don't deserve the credit.
    (a hint for Amachi, I don't steal others code anymore, now that I have the resource of Heatran's guide, I've compiled my own Base of code that I can now edit to make whatever.)

Heatran's guide is pretty useful for people who are just beginning~ I reckon he's doing pretty well so far. ^__^

:O
    Is it actually possible to steal codes of someone? XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    (oh, that's not all you used to steal, I know that much Mr. Graphics Guru. *nose tap wink*)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'll take snippets of codes for more advanced things if I'm doing a webpage and stuff just isn't working (that's so frustrating XD). So if people have found a simple way to overcome a problem, I have no qualms assimilating that code and learning how it works so that I can do it myself from then on. But for sigs and the like? I feel like it's cheating if you just copy someone else's code, not to mention it doesn't make the sig yours anymore; it's someone else's creativity that went into the code, not your own, so the personality of it seems lost to me. :[

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I have to agree with Lightning on this one. The fun (and frustration!) of CSS is the experimentation to make your sig perfect and make it your own. You might think that some one else has an awesome siggy, but I think that you should try and do it on your own. I know I feel so accomplished after I've finished a web page, or something simple in my siggy. :3

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • Haha. I suck when it comes to CSS in my sig. But I'm too stubborn to ask for someone else's code. XD Does any one know of any good CSS sites? I just wanna do some center work, and Heatrans tutorial doesn't have it. : D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've always had really good luck with W3Schools with CSS help (the link I provided will take you right to the CSS section). They have really good tutorials there, and that's mainly what I use for my CSS layouts and such.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • I've always had really good luck with W3Schools with CSS help (the link I provided will take you right to the CSS section). They have really good tutorials there, and that's mainly what I use for my CSS layouts and such.
    Yep that site helped me with several things regarding my CSS.
    It's very helpful.

Twinx

Years
  • Even after reading a bit of the tutorial there, I still have absolutely no idea how to apply that stuff in my signature.
    Well it basically deals with how to use CSS in web page coding, you have to figure out how to use those tags for your signature.
    Heatran's guide can help you out with the basics for making a CSS signature.

Twinx

Years
  • Well look, I came up with something I'm happy with.

My skills are improving, oh ho.
    Well I guess it just takes some practice..
    I still can't figure out how to do rounded edges with CSS..

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Well I guess it just takes some practice..
    I still can't figure out how to do rounded edges with CSS..

Rounded corners are this type of code in the CSS
    -moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;

Just as an example.

You can see anyone's code by highlighting there sig and then right clicking and selecting "View selected source" (In Firefox)

Twinx

Years
  • Rounded corners are this type of code in the CSS
    -moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
    Thanks Haine.. I'll have to try it out sometime ^^

IMO, that template resource barely scratches the surface when it comes to everything I've seen members employ here with CSS. o.ó
    well.. I think that once someone knows those basics he/she can progress and learn the rest.

Maybe there should a CSS Q&A thread since questions regarding CSS signatures are everywhere..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • W3Schooooooools. ♥ I didn't learn CSS from them, but they're my first destination when I just need to look up a quick selector or property.
    IMO, that template resource barely scratches the surface when it comes to everything I've seen members employ here with CSS. o.ó
    It's a good starting point, at least. From there it wouldn't be too hard to check out W3S for other ideas to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back