• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Speaking of travel, I'm gonna visit my family's stamping ground in around... a month? Haven't been there in a decade. It's dry and beautiful and the expanse can pop your eyes out. I'm gonna learn to shoot, 'cause that's a damn cool thing to know how to do. And essential. Suppose a deer tries to rob your house?

Also, I caught a rat in a non-killer trap. Do I eat it, breed it with my other rat, breed it with my guinea pigs, breed it with a spider or just set it free near an enemy's house? Or, do I breed it with a spider, and then set the spiderats free next to an enemy's house?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yeah knowing me the clock in my car is probably going to be an hour behind now until october unless someone changes it for me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I got home last night from Clearwater and the clocks in the house were messed up. Went to bed late because of it, and was just too lazy to change them as well

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Apparently something is up with the alarm system at my store. to drive there or not before my openers...

(probably will because for some reason i'm still awake so i might as well l o l ... )

Years
  • HELLO EVERYONE! Despite not being able to adjust as far as sleepiness goes, I'm really enjoying the third day of DST. now if this weather would just stop being so gloomy

i think my car's clock automatically updated tho #blessed

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    HELLO

Yeah i keep staying up wayyy to late its gon screw me over tomorrow lol.

Years
  • Why do you split your sleep schedule?

Because I've done it my whole life, so that's what I'm used to.

The big advantage for me is that it doesn't take long for me to "wake up" so to speak. Because my cycles are so short (2-4 hours) it only really takes me about a few minutes or so to really get out of bed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i need to start going to bed earlier on my work days because i keep crashing on sunday :(

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Because I've done it my whole life, so that's what I'm used to.

The big advantage for me is that it doesn't take long for me to "wake up" so to speak. Because my cycles are so short (2-4 hours) it only really takes me about a few minutes or so to really get out of bed.

I've heard of that before, but still seems unusual for me lol. Does it make you feel more energized than sleeping at once?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I couldn't imagine such short sleep cycles. If I'm up for more than my usual 15 hours I start getting bored as hell.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've kind of been doing that, but not by choice and I really hope to change it, lol. Basically I've just been involuntarily crashing at around 10-11PM, wake up at 2-3AM and chill for like an hour and then sleep until 6AM.

Biphasic sleep is supposed to be good for you, but probably not the way I do it.

Years
  • I've heard of that before, but still seems unusual for me lol. Does it make you feel more energized than sleeping at once?

I like doing it this way because there are a lot of people out there that absolutely cannot function unless they get like 7-8 hours of sleep, and I'm like.... I don't even have a sleep schedule. It would be chaos for me to try to make 7-8 hours work, so I just split my sleep cycle throughout the day. I just sleep anywhere from 2-3 times a day.

The advantage of this is that if I sleep early, I wake up early. If I sleep late, I still wake up early. I'll still feel like hot trash, but it's temporary and goes away and as long as I'm not doing anything particularly intensive, I can make it throughout the day if I do nothing but sleep for like 2-4 hours.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I feel like it's something that could work for me if I didn't have the work schedule I have. Instead I sleep 4-5 hours (ideally) on work nights and then I crash and play catch up on my days off. Sometimes I'll take a nap or two to catch up on sleep throughout the week but it tends to be countered by me staying up later that night oop.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I do the same thing and I think its because of the fact that I don't have a set schedule. I can close one night and then be a mid the next. And I won't even start with Friday and Saturdays. But if I close I have to take a nap before going to work or by 11 I'm dragging ass at work.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I like doing it this way because there are a lot of people out there that absolutely cannot function unless they get like 7-8 hours of sleep, and I'm like.... I don't even have a sleep schedule. It would be chaos for me to try to make 7-8 hours work, so I just split my sleep cycle throughout the day. I just sleep anywhere from 2-3 times a day.

The advantage of this is that if I sleep early, I wake up early. If I sleep late, I still wake up early. I'll still feel like hot trash, but it's temporary and goes away and as long as I'm not doing anything particularly intensive, I can make it throughout the day if I do nothing but sleep for like 2-4 hours.

Well, if it works it works lol. Maybe I should give it a try over the summer if I have a week off because it sounds interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back