• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    This time we were the ones who lost 2-0. Not too bad of a defeat considering we were playing our B team and they had plenty of 1st team players. Now we can focus on the league.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Probably the worst mistake Norwich have made in a long time, appointing Moxey, we suffered 16 years of having him in charge of our club. I'm glad he's finally gone.

Years
    For better or for worse I don't think much will change, our owners are dead set on running the club in a certain way. From the outside there appears to be a fair bit of overlap between how we're being run and how Wolves were pre takeover. Living within means, lots of focus on facilities and attempting to utilise youth development in order to make up for the financial gap with other teams. Whilst he doesn't seem a particularly likeable character it does make sense.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    We won 3-1 at home to Brentford today, all 3 goals came from new signings. Puts us 8th in the table, decent start to the season.

Don't know what the hell is happening to Derby at the moment, they should be in the top half at least with the squad they have, but now they're in the bottom 3.

Years
    Derby got rid of Chris Martin and Jeff Hendrick and replaced them with Vidyra/Weimann (no scoring form in ages) and Anya (Non league player if he wasn't fast). Big named players like Ince and Hughes only seem to be good on football manage nowadays. Oh and they play Bradley Johnson in the middle (when they even play him at all) despite him being an absolute monster attacking from the left. They literally burn money.

We're top despite only genuinely playing well at Blackburn and Forest. Next up away trips to Newcastle and Wolves.

Years
    I almost forgot that this thread existed but I'm super happy about the 4-1 win over Leicester at the weekend, it was a good win that we definitely needed. Plus Pogba played excellently and there was a few other stand out performances from the likes of Herrera and Mata!

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
    It's almost as if Herrera and Mata are better than Rooney and Fellaini!

I wouldn't count on that meaning anything though, Leicester were horrific.

Well, Rooney has been really dissapointing this season, he seems slow and behind every play, Fellaini had his best game in a long time when Mourinho played him as a pure defensive midfielder, but he eventually dropped. Mata has always been class, he's one o these players that can do jack sh*t in a game but out of nowhere he can come up with a nice assist or a goal, and he performs better plying centrally than on the right.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
    I'm really happy with my team right now. It's about time we went back to beating Chelsea. Now we have to focus on Basel and the Champions League.

Heck yeah! About time! Although Alexis as a striker doesn't convince me yet, I think we should play Lucas against Basel, he performed really well against Nottingham and play Alexis on the left wing with Iwobi in right wing, hopefully we will se the Santi-Xhaka partnership in midfield.

Years
    Gareth Southgate... god help us all.

The annoying thing about this one for me is Big Sam will go to Sunderland and save them from the horrors of Moyes now.

Is Pearson involved in the same scandal as Big Sam I wonder, it's a double win for Derby if they get rid of him and don't have to pay him off.

Years
    Exactly my thoughts on Pearson and Derby.

Honestly all of the English options for the job would have been awful.

Toon game in a bit. Klose appears to be injured, terrifying Bassong/Martin partnership resumes. Tettey comes back in with Hoolahan being rested. Well, I don't have a good feeling about this one.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Classic Wolves. Win 2-0 against Newcastle and 2 weeks later lose 2-1 to Wigan. Hopefully we bounce back on Saturday.

Years
    Shhhhhhh, I'm trying to block that one out.

In our last 2 Championship seasons we've only lost back to back games on one occasion (4-0 at Boro and a 93rd minute goal at Forest under Neil Adams), hopefully that continues. If we come away from Wolves with a good performance and 3 points I think we'll probably go on and make that race for the automatic positions a bit boring, along with Newcastle.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    Disappointing Bayern draw. But at least Kimmich scored. I'm loving the kid right now.

Burnley's coming up against us. I'd expect a 2-0 win, because we're running just fine. 13 goals in the last 4 games, only 1 goal suffered, i can tell Burnley's not gonna be a difficulty.

Also Wenger's completed 20 years in Arsenal. Hate the guy, love the guy, i have mixed feelings about him.

Back