• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Galigo Region [on hiatus until October]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Name: Ronny "Strings" (Uses a fake last name)
    Class: Asteliard City Gym Leader (Circle League, Fairy)
    Pokémon: Togekiss, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Gardevoir
    Visa: Tourist
    Support: "Peace, bro"
    Notes: Big, damn hippy with a guitar. Likes the "vibes" in Asteliard town.

Not sure what the rules are for gym leader Pokemon. Those are the ones I ideally want.

Last edited:

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
    Years
  • To get to Matthew, you have to go on Ice, and challenge the trainers on the ice, and when you defeat the trainer, they fall down, so you have to fall down, and battle 3 more trainers, and then go back up, and then do the ice puzzle again, but sometimes random snowballs will come off the ceiling, and then you would fall off again, and then you would have to try to dodge the snowballs, but since there's only on way to get to Matthew, and when you step on a piece of ice 2 times, it will break, there's a added difficulty.Oh, if you go out of the gym, the puzzle will reset, but the gym people will still stay defeated.

What Matthew look's like:

Quotes-
    Opening-Hello there, challenger! I'm Matthew, the Gym Leader of North Libark. Wait... You're TRAINER, aren't you? You've made it this far, so that means you're pretty strong. Good luck against my powerful Ice Pokemon!

During Battle-Come on! I know you can do better!

Last Pokemon sent out: It's not over yet! My Ice Pokemon will defeat you!

After defeat: Guess I got carried away at the end there...

After battle: Ha! What a blast! You really are tough! My Ice Pokemon weren't strong enough to take you down. Guess that means you really earned this, huh? *presents TRAINER with the Frost Badge* Here, take this TM too! *gives TRAINER TM 13 Ice Beam* Well, good luck with the rest of your journey!

so.......... is that okay?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kostas
    Class: Gym Leader, Fire Type (Espica Town)
    Pokémon: Arcanine,Volcarona,Torkoal,Talonflame.
    Visa: Pokemon Researcher
    Support: Arrow league.

theorcaking

Trust me! Im a orca!
    Years
  • how do we personalize a gym???
    i dont have access to pictures or drawings........i know this will sound stupid but im using a nintendo wii to get on this site and i don't have access to much

Twilight Storm

Years
  • how do we personalize a gym???
    i dont have access to pictures or drawings........i know this will sound stupid but im using a nintendo wii to get on this site and i don't have access to much

well, i just submitted what my gym leader looks like, what attack, level, and items his Pokemon are holding, his quotes, and the gym puzzle.

Years
  • Name: Ronny "Strings" (Uses a fake last name)
    Class: Asteliard City Gym Leader (Circle League, Fairy)
    Pokémon: Togekiss, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Gardevoir
    Visa: Tourist
    Support: "Peace, bro"
    Notes: Big, damn hippy with a guitar. Likes the "vibes" in Asteliard town.

Not sure what the rules are for gym leader Pokemon. Those are the ones I ideally want.
    The rules aren't really set so as long as you have some reason to pick Pokemon not from this region it'll be fine.

soooo....what do we do after we sign up
    Right now, if you signed up as a gym leader, I asked to have people give some info on their gyms. You just need to give a short description of the gym like describing any traps or puzzles or what kind of other trainers are in the gym or what the gym looks like. Just give some idea of what kind of gym it is.

In general though, you don't necessarily do anything when you sign up. Everyone who makes a region can ask for more info, or set up little events or whatever, and I suppose you could just up and post something that your character is doing, but there's not necessarily anything you have to do.

Name: Kostas
    Class: Gym Leader, Fire Type (Espica Town)
    Pokémon: Arcanine,Volcarona,Torkoal,Talonflame.
    Visa: Pokemon Researcher
    Support: Arrow league.
    Okay, I'll get you added to the list.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Name: Perenelle
    Class: Gym Leader of Geminite City (Circle League, Water Type)
    Pokémon:

Visa: Archaeologist
    Support: Circle League

:)

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Am I allowed to accept challengers via Pokemon Showdown using custom rules? Mostly I was thinking 4 vs 4, everyone's levels set to 50, etc.

Years
  • Name: Perenelle
    Class: Gym Leader of Geminite City (Circle League, Water Type)
    Pokémon:

Visa: Archaeologist
    Support: Circle League

:)

Okay, I'll get you added. :)

Am I allowed to accept challengers via Pokemon Showdown using custom rules? Mostly I was thinking 4 vs 4, everyone's levels set to 50, etc.

Yes? I mean, if you want, but I'm not really sure what connection that would have here? But, you know, if that's going to be something you want to do then sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Well I figured it would be how I determine whether someone who makes a trainer on here can say they have my badge. Just for fun.

Etherion

Name: Eldred (male)
    Class: Fighting Type Gym Leader of Leovida City
    Pokemon:
    Visa: he is an avid Treasure Hunter
    Support: he is a gym leader situated in the Circle League

Notes: He loves swimming, football and almost any sports. He has dark-ish skin, spiky hair and teal eyes. He is from the Theseus Region but migrated to Galigo five years ago. He is currently 23 of age.
    Badge: The Submission Badge
    Rewards: TM ??? Superpower
    Before Battle: Step follows step, hope follows courage, set your face towards danger, set your heart on victory. Brace yourself, let the battle begin!
    Last Pokemon: Great victory requires great risk. The fight isn't over until I win!
    After Battle (victory): The only victories which leave no regret are those which are gained over ignorance, always remember this challenger, anyone can deal with victory but only the mighty can bear defeat! Do not be afraid to challenge me again soon!
    After Battle (defeat): Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself. Congratulations on beating me challenger! Now for your award, I present the Submission Badge! And an extra reward for putting up such a great battle!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so that's 8 gym leaders. Let's introduce y'all to your league elites.

Galigo has no longstanding traditions when it comes to the Pokémon League. Pokemon battles have always been small and informal even at the largest gatherings. Now that Galigo has two nascent Leagues they have both taken a page from other regions and adopted the tradition of placing elite trainers at the top of the league as a last challenge to trainers.

In the Circle League a brother and sister pair have been chosen to fill the position of top trainers under the titles of Judges.

Gustavo

Gustavo throws himself into every fight and he'll never give in without a knockout.

Mistral

Mistral calculates all of her attacks carefully, looking for the quickest, surest win with the least effort.

The Arrow League has elected two trainers via tournament to be their League Bosses.

Darcy

Darcy likes using tricks and traps to confuse her opponents then striking when they're weakened.

Rusty

Rusty wins by keeping the pressure on the opponent and never letting them get their footing.
    So far neither League has had any trainer defeat all of their gym leaders and both of their elite pairs, but an infamous trainer of Galigo, one known only as Wildflower, has been seen at several gyms, watching the gym leaders. Rumor has is that she is considering challenging both Leagues. Some people are already calling her Champion-in-Waiting.

Wildflower

And remember, Gym Leaders. You can design your own gyms so if you have a design, description, or whatever, post it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Here's my gym's description for the main post.

Outside of gym battles, Ronny is about as chill as a guy can get. He ascribes to the "peace and love" type crowd, wears loose sleeves and bell bottoms, and can often be seen playing some mellow guitar music in Asteliard's parks beside his first partner, Togekiss. His gym has been created in the middle of one such park, the rim of it blooming with flowering bushes that often cause petals to swirl through the battlefield. Despite his relaxed demeanor and affinity towards what's often considered an effeminate Pokemon type, he's known to get fired up and flip into "Rock n Roll" mode during battles.

Ronny may be challenged by Galigo trainers via Pokemon Showdown for the honor of carrying his badge! Battles will be 4 vs 4 singles. You may still challenge Ronny if you have less than four Pokemon, however he will still use his designated team. You may set any items (no duplicates) or TMs and all Pokemon will be set to level 100. A given member may only challenge Ronny once per week. PM or add Managrimm on Skype (mention PokeCommunity in the request) to arrange a match!

Additionally, Ronny is accepting gym trainers using Fairy, Flying, or Grass type Pokemon to become members of his gym. PM or IM Managrimm if interested.

Last edited:

Twilight Storm

Years

• Ronny may be challenged by Galigo trainers via Pokemon Showdown for the honor of carrying his badge! Battles will be 4 vs 4 singles. You may still challenge Ronny if you have less than four Pokemon, however he will still use his designated team. You may set any items or TMs and all Pokemon will be set to level 100. A given member may only challenge Ronny once per week. PM or add Managrimm on Skype (mention PokeCommunity in the request) to arrange a match!

Additionally, Ronny is accepting gym trainers using Fairy, Flying, or Grass type Pokemon to become members of his gym. PM or IM Managrimm if interested.

^^ basically what he said, but with no Skype, Ice and Water pokemon, and Pm or Im PokemonNerd65.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    ^^ basically what he said, but with no Skype, Ice and Water pokemon, and Pm or Im PokemonNerd65.

Neat! If you're going to do that though, I'd recommend taking your team's items, moves, and strategy down from your post to prevent cheating.

Also! I hereby issue a challenge from the Asteliard city gym! Whoever wins gets the other leader's badge as a trophy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back