• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 9 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 1] - Your Character Theme

Hard to say. Find it difficult to describe myself at times. Definitely a laid back kinda guy who was never the most sociable type. Theme would definitely have to be on the calmer side, lol.

Something like this I suppose:

pkmin3033

Day 10 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 2] - Your Town Theme

Continuing on with the challenge within a challenge (derp), share with us the theme that would play in the background whilst you explored a town! Or city, whichever. Is it something you picked because you're fond of it, or because you think it suits where you're from? Share :3

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

As a HUGE HUGE, and i mean ULTRA HUGE fan of Ancient Rome, the Roman Empire, and the Roman Legionnaires, the Roman militlary discipline, the red armors, and obviously Caesar...

In my town, the only thing that exists is majestic, glorious, delicious, sweet, voluptuous, relaxing, busy, hard working, manly, womanly, and outworldy cooperation and sturdiness. Complete with all of the big buildings, the busy busling roads, people working hard day and night, earning their keep for what's right.

Also, the Roman Empire had some of the most supermurderous, manly, well coordinated, well disciplined, and well armed and equipped military in Antiquity in the Roman Army. HAIL CAESAR!

Caesar III was one of my most favorite games of all time because I was, and I still am ancient Roman Empire fanatic. Being able to build a majestic city, manage it like a real boss, and help it grow while fending off some naughty Barbarians was all fun.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 10 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 2] Your Town Theme

Definitely something like this. Of course I like the song, but the feeling, and title, really give me the sense of exploration.

Bay

Years

I pick this one as it reminds me of the music similar to where my family came from (they're from Southeast Asia). Dalaam was also a neat place to visit.

pkmin3033

Day 11 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 3] - Your Overworld Theme

For today's challenge, you've left your town and you're now travelling to parts unknown! What plays in the background whilst you traverse this unknown overworld, and why?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

(And since i didn't want to just post Doom related stuff, time to switch things up a notch with some Dynasty Warriors music)

Fun fact: I play this on my trusty mp3 player whenever I'm jogging

Xin's narrator (voiced by Morgan Freeman)
    And so, the self proclaimed murder king who goes by the name of "Xin, the Violent Jack" has decided to move out from conquering Pandora, and dismantling the Hyperion Corporation, while walking around with Handsome Jack's severed head. Returning to Earth, and to his home country, he finds that the people have grown disgruntled and unhappy. With many people pissed with the recent presidential results, and the soon-to-be new president "Mr. Rodrigo" making changes that many of the people are not yet prepared for, some of the more violent and bloodthirsty leftist activists have decided to go up in arms to terrorize the country. Xin aka the "Violent Jack", and his army of "Doomguys" have a difficult decision to make... Support the new presidential regime by killing the activist-turned-terrorist groups or to kill the new president himself and have the people elect the president that they truly really want. Whatever decision Xin makes, there is only one common outcome: "Blood, Ultraviolence, and Supermurder"

I can easily imagine this as my overworld theme, where I would be simply thinking of my next few tasks and targets to achieve, while listing down what i need to do for the following days. And yes, Lu Bu's DW8XL Musou mode wins because of that kick ass intermission theme, which I find suitable as an overworld theme.

I chose this because:
    1) Its Manly
    2) I love those drums
    3) Its one of my favorite tracks from DW8XL
    4) Lu Bu!
    5) It fits the kind of "overworld" theme that I envisioned in the game i want to create soon.

Bay

Years

This plays whenever you go to the game's map (of course, lol). I just love the smoothness of it, especially with the added guitar later.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Ah, the lonely adventure has begun. Setting out towards the unknown would definitely sound something like this:

pkmin3033

Day 12 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 4] - The Villain's Theme

In our lives we all take the starring role, but there are plenty of other people around us. Some we get along with, and some we don't...and some we really don't get along with. If you had a villain in your life, what would their theme be? Share! And, for bonus points, tell us who the villain would be or already is :3

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

My cause is just, my will is strong, and my guns.. are very very large.

You see, what pissess me off aren't wannabee murderkings. I know that I'm one of the few only true murderkings around, and there are those who are just as murderous but as man-worthy as I am. But the perfect villain in my story.. are none other than those who are the so called "Normal" people who hide hidden agendas.

VILLAIN NUMBER 1:

He's the "villain" who hides his villanious agenda under the guise of a news reporter who works for a broadcasting TV network. He uses his work as a news reporter and journalist to further damage the reputation of gamers and video games in general. With the use of his words, he manipulates the dumbarse millenial populace about things that even ignorant millenials cannot understand, like Martial Law being good, or why there's nothing wrong with Youtube's copyright claiming system. He claims to be doing God's work, but in reality, he's working for Ultrasatan, but even Ultrasatan doesn't like him either because his a journalist.

(Disclaimer: I don't hate on journalists btw. If you got offended because you are one, then LEL)

If my Episode 1 is something like "Knee Deep in the Dead", then he makes for a tough, challenging, and satisfying Chapter 1 Boss to rip and tear, RIP AND TEAR!!!!

SURPRISE Honeygals and Murdergoons. DOUBLE WHAMMY! BECAUSE IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE MAIN VILLAIN TO TRY STOPPING MAH RAMPAGE OF SUPERFREEDOM, ULTRADESTINY, and MEGAMURDER! (and even John Romero, John Woo and Christopher Nolan thought that i need more rogues to turn into mince meat, for my murder-bird)

But then, there's another "villain" but unlike the reporter and journalist from hell, he's another villain that deserves to be mentioned. After all, a murderking like myself needs to have MORE than one villain in order to have a good rampagin' time! The more heads to rip and tear off the better right? That other "villain" isn't one who's working for ultrasatan, but he falls under the self righteous, bigoted, and ultimately, arsehole as well.

I'm talking about THIS arsehole

HIDEYOSHI!!!!!!!!!!! OH SHUT UP MITSUNARI! You were cool but friggin whiny as feck in Samurai Warriors but your version in Capcom's BASARA Series makes me want to punch a Wooly Mammoth in the testicles and blast an army of Crimson Lances with my Double Barreled Super Shotgun! And blasting away White boy's face with my murdergun is going to be pleasurable, especially when he's whining away with his last dying words about his precious HIDEYOSHIIIIII!!!!!!!!

Dontchu try sword dancing on me! I'll SWORD DANCE YOUR D**K OFF AND SEE HOW YOU HANDLE THAT!

Mitsunari will be one of those main villains who keep going after me, trying to slice my arsehole open with his sword of "not cool destiny", while whining about his precious HIDEYOSHI and his Western glory. I'm on to him (and fans of this character. Sorry friends, but I hated him in the anime)

Honorable mentions (These could have been posted here, but due to me not wanting to overload my post, oh well. Besides, in my hypothetical video game super adventure of super-freedom, mega mass murder, and ultrabloody rampage, it would take ALL OF THEM, including the ones mentioned above to try stop me and i didn't feel like posting ALL of their BGMs)

1) Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - because he's a former hero turned dunghole, a worthy opponent
    2) Handome Jack (Borderlands 2) - because he's basically the embodiment of what we all hate in the corporate world. And he's so cool, that even if I ripped his d**k off, he'd still be handsome
    3) The Nohr Family especially Xander and Leo (FE Fates) - they are a political dynasty, and political dynasties are not cool.
    4) Lucifer (Dante's Inferno)- I mention him because of his blatantly shown murder-c*ck, which is really big btw. Careful ladies. Did i mention that he's also Ultrasatan's little bro?
    5) Mephisto, Baal, and Diablo. The unholy trio. Again more of Ultrasatan's little bros.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years

When it comes to choosing a theme for the villain, this is a tough decision to make since there are a lot of great villain themes out there. Course when choosing one, I would look to the KotOR games for one. The one I would choose is Darth Malak's Theme from the first KotOR game.

Bay

Years

Somewhat of a twist. I would like my Villain's theme to be smooth, haha. Like as if you're in a Noir story. Not all villains need to be big bosses.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

This one actually sounds pretty heroic, but it's a villains theme nonetheless. A fallen hero who failed to save his planet and now wants to doom everyone to the same fate.

pkmin3033

Day 13 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 5] - Battle Theme

In life, one faces many challenges. What music would you envision playing in the background whilst you are in the act of facing and overcoming (or being utterly defeated by) these challenges? For Part 5, pick your battle theme!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

(play at 1.5 speed for MAXIMUM MANLINESS!)

So, those Crimson Lances, the Skinheads, Neo Nazis, North Korean Elite Guards, Umbrella Corp Mercenaries, Demons from Mars, Bandits, Terrorists, Russian Mafia goons, Those guys from Final Fantasy XIII, and ISIS members are having a meeting in their crummy little frat party room, planning their next cringe worthy attack. But someone knocks into their door..

WHO'S A MAN AND A HALF!? I'M A MAN AND A HALF! I HAVE A HAND FULL OF VERTEBRAE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAD! Ahhh Doom 2016 music, the great communicator... NOW scumbag baddies, ALLOW ME TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU MY DESIRE TO RIP AND TEAR YOUR GROINS OFF!! WHOOOOO!!!

And with all guns blazing, and a berserk pack freshly consumed. He entered the room... obviously painted the whole town red.. with the blood of his enemies. Leaving nothing behind, and still with that music track by Mick Gordon playing on his head, he seeks more. More. Is it to satisfy his undying rage? Or to just simply paint the floors red? Who knows? Who knows. With his double barrelled shotgun, and his Assault Rifle in hand, he walks

In celebration of the game's release, I feel that i should completely honor it by using this as my current (and possibly forever and ever even 5EVER) Battle theme. My only gripe for this could be great battle track is that by default, it doesn't sound as intense as it wants to be. However, playing it on 1.5x speed greatly helped. I guess Mickie made a mistake while creating this track.

Last edited:

Bay

Years

I admit, part of it has to do with me starting Bravely Second last night. But hey, I can't pass up this opportunity to show off this battle music.

Back