• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

pkmin3033

Day 14 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 6] - Dungeon Theme

Well, we've establised what plays when you're at home, and when you're out and about, but what about when you're in an unknown and unfamiliar location? When you get down to the nitty-gritty of your adventure, what do you want playing to accompany this?~

There will be no more than 10 parts to this, by the way. After that we'll go back to random, more interesting questions =P

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 13 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 5] - Battle Theme

Love the feel of this one. Maybe not as blood-pumping as a battle theme should be, but Gust composed games always have a distinct sound to them, which I've become a fan of.

I'm a big fan of Wild Arms 3 OST. This plays in one of the dungeons rather early in the game, and really set the mood for what's to come. Definitely a sense of venturing into the desolate unknown with this tune.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Balancing out my choices of BGMs

Quad Machine.. that's music to my ears. Quake 2 was one of my most favored games back in my day, and yes i have to admit, Quake 2's OST was something that i liked more than classic Doom's music since i spent more time with it, having played Q2 on both PC and the PSX port. This track really gives me that feel of being that lone warrior who's about to infiltrate the baddies' fortress so that i can give them some heavy ordinance, and Quad damage coming out of my hands, and my weapons.

The best part is that Quad Machine is the piece of music that one gets to hear for much of the early game in Quake 2. But as you do go deeper into the Strogg's home base of Stroggos, you get to hear less of it. So Quad Machine is basically the "early to mid game" track that you hear, and as far as dungeons go, grinding for that sweet delicious EXP and gear, its a hell of a good Early game to start out with :))))

Years
    Catching up again..

Day 8 - A fan remix that you think sounds better than the original track
    Okay I'm gonna be really lazy for this one but like... I could name so many remixes of Touhou songs that are better than the versions in the original games. It's not that the original songs are bad compositionally... They're catchy enough and spawn hordes of great fan remixes. But the original songs are in this kind of ugly midi soundfount and just... Remixing them with better instrumentation or even vocals just sounds better most of the time. x'D

Day 9 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 1] - Your Character Theme
    Ngooooh questions finding things to fit myself/my life will be difficult...
    Uh anyway, I guess my theme for now would be Isabelle's theme from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. (It says Town Hall theme but it's basically Isabelle's theme okay.)
    My name's almost the same as Isabelle's, we're both adorable as heck, and hard workers. :3 Well, in a work/professional setting, anyway...
    Spoiler:

Day 10 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 2] - Your Town Theme
    You know, I never even finished FFX, but I chose The Sight of Spira for this question because I just like the simplicity of the acoustic guitar.
    Spoiler:

Day 11 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 3] - Your Overworld Theme
    I chose the Colony 9 music from Xenoblade Chronicles for this one. I can just imagine this playing if I went hiking in the hill country outside of the urban area of my city, with harsh sunlight and the smell of the dry soil and grass.
    Spoiler:

Day 12 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 4] - The Villain's Theme
    I don't really have any enemies in life, but there are definitely a couple of people who make me uncomfortable and are kind of mean... Like the assistant manager at work. The below theme from Ace Attorney would be their theme. It's actually initially associated with a good character, but it's also used for some sketchy/sleazy/annoying characters. xD
    Spoiler:

Day 13 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 5] - Battle Theme
    It's a cheesy and kind of basic pick, but I wanna have You Will Know Our Names from Xenoblade Chronicles be my battle theme. xD I'd like to think that I'd get pumped and really feel the flow of battle and kick butt... but I'm actually kind of a weakling when it comes to tough times and it would probably go all "This isn't going well" with Pursuit of the Enemy playing and my friends dying... x'D
    Spoiler:

Dusk's Holy Mark/An Empty Tome from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I just really like this theme okay.
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

Day 15 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 7] - Boss Theme

We all knew this was coming. What lies at the end of a dungeon, or even at the end of a challenge in general? A boss! What music do you imagine playing when you face one of life's tougher,more memorable challenges?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

(excuse my writing btw)

"They are rage, brutal, and without Mercy. But the "one". He is worse. Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until its done. And so the one they call "X.I.N", the Marine, the "Senechal Doomslayer", the lone warrior who fights the forces of hell and beyond. Some say that he is a man sent by God to demolish the killing swarm. Others say that he is the very manifestation of violence itself. His bloodbath, nearly endless. His wrath unmatched. Even the forces of hell and beyond cannot stop him. But as demons be driven are, they always prepare worthy adversaries for the "one" to face"

"As Ultrasatan becomes desperate to stop the "one", a handsome call comes in. Handsome Jack, a man of rich charisma and power, the owner of the Hyperion Corporation, and a worshiper of Ultrasatan has hired powerful entities, assassins, ex-soldiers, and mercenaries from all over the world, and from other dimensions of the nearly endless universe. Granting a huge bounty against the X.I.N's head, the "almost" limitless universe answers the handsome call"

(Did i also forgot to mention that Handsome Jack is one of the most worthiest of Adversaries against the Doomguy? Well not in a physical fight obviously since HJ is going to get his painis ripped off instantly, but as a meta-enemy of the Doomguy. The hugely charismatic enigma who has captured the likes of villain-lovers and even the respect of heroic figures alike, against the silent 90's hero who once again walks among the earth, but on an era were people have become much more critical with video gaming in general? Oh yeah, but that should come in a different topic)

And after that obviously not so good pieces of writing by yours truly, i get on topic.

(And here's me inserting some delicious God of War music in this thread, to tag along my music choices so far :)) )

So why Poseidon's Boss theme this time around? Because its everything that i love for a Boss theme. Its punchy, its intense, it makes me feel that I'm pressured to beat the crap out of him, or else the boss himself is going to rip my weener off, and s**t down my neck. I can listen at this boss theme for days when I'm facing a rather tough fight, because it lets me feel the battle, outside and inside. You can put Poseidon's boss theme into anything and everything becomes definitely cooler than your average video game encounter. Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Doom (obviously), Quake, whatever game. You face a boss but you need a more intense piece of music to make it even more dramatic? SLAP THIS ONE ON, AND PUT IT INSIDE OF THAT GAME! OH YEAH (and that totally does not sound dirty at all)

Bay

Years

Another Earthbound one. Been musing a bit one which dungeon I want to showcase, and this is the only one that stuck out to me. Has this weird charm to me.

Does Pokemon boss count? I really like the remixed version of the Hoenn legendaries' theme.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Lot of good boss theme's to chose from, but this would definitely be my first choice. Fitting title and definitely gives you the feel of facing just one of the many difficult encounters on your long journey.

pkmin3033

Day 16 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 8] - Ending Credits

Dungeons traversed, bosses defeated, characters (possibly) developed...now all that is left is to sit through the ending credits! And no, you can't skip them. Skip function disabled. So you might as well make the most of it. What are you going to listen to?

Years
    Oh sweet, a thread where I can post relevant OSTs!

I'd have to go with this, my life considered at the moment. I'm not gonna get into the brooding, but you get the idea.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

My first ever guilty gear OST sharing! and as for an ending credits theme after a murderous ultramurder superviolent rampage of destiny, something as relaxing as some delicious relaxing piano music. Because even the most ultramurderous psychopaths such as Myself/TheDoomGuy/X.I.N needs a nice piece of relaxing music, with some sweet delicious Engrish.

And yes, if this sounds like something you'd sing after you got drunk, then that's the feeling. Oh yeah.

Bay

Years

Posting two videos since Undertale's ending credits got broken down into two pieces. as for why I chose Undertale's ending, while I feel a sense of accomplishment on all the games I've beaten, Undertale's end credits gives me the most emotion for some reason. Maybe because I enjoyed all the characters and I'm really saying goodbye to them (not doing No Mercy run nope).

pkmin3033

Day 17 - A track you've heard so much that you're sick of it

I'm pretty sure we've all been here at least once, for whatever reason. Maybe we've gotten stuck at a game for so long we've started to notice the background music and absolutely loathe it. Maybe the track in question is overused. Maybe the fandom keeps holding it up as the pinnacle of soundtrack. Whatever the reason - and do let us know the reason! - for today, post up a track that you've heard so much you're absolutely fed up with it or, at least, it doesn't hold as much appeal for you as it used to.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    A track you've heard so much that you're sick of it

Ohohohohohohoho

One Winged Angel - Sephiroth's theme from FF 7.

Actual Lyrics:
    BELLS, FROGS, BIG CHERRIES
    PETER PAN, MAGIC CHEESE
    BELLS, FROGS, BIG CHERRIES
    PETER PAN, MAGIC CHEESE...

And to save everyone's ears, I would not embed the video of it here mainly since i think EVERYONE has already heard enough of it. Yes, at its time, it would be the pinnacle of boss battle themes, but i remember a time where EVERYONE i knew kept talking about this, and someone was even blasting One Winged Angel on his music player. But sorry people, I know some of you may still like this track, but I don't mainly since I've heard a lot more awe-inspiring boss battle pieces from other games and even other FF titles.

Do not get me wrong, at its time, One Winged Angel was a masterpiece. But I've heard from so many other games that I've already downgraded this from top tier (it was never god tier for me) to mid tier.

Actually, I'll leave a nice remix of it for the masochists in this thread, because that's how i show the love.
    Actually its some SmoothMcGroove, so its already good.

I'll still be positive, LIKE A BEAST.

Btw, this is not to disrespect Nobuo Uematsu but you owe the Japanese crowd your compositions for the Japanese DOOM (Doom 2016) JP Port OST. Please do it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Credit roll would have to be playing this. I think it's a pretty enchanting track and fitting farewell to our hero's journey.

Day 17 - A track you've heard so much that you're sick of it

I really don't have a definitive answer for this one. Maybe the XY rival theme? Though I was never really a fan of it in the first place, and my hate is probably garnered more towards your rivals than actual song. Still I restarted the game numerous times, where I'm just tired of hearing it I suppose.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Day 17 - A track you've heard so much that you are sick of it

When it comes to a track I have heard so much that you are sick of it, there is one I can think of. The one I can think of is Uncharted Worlds from the Mass Effect series. Why am I sick of it? Well it is the song for the Galaxy Map. So every time I activate the Galaxy Map, I hear that song a lot.

Back