• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Sounds like a normal university level class to me.
    That sounds similar to the AP Genetics test my friend took last year and two chapters shy of the AP United States History final I took last year. xD

Lot's of work, but I'm sure you can do it! Just take your time and try not to get stressed out. I will probably be a lot easier than you think.
    (Most exams seem to be that way if you worry to much about them...)

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I think my pace is okay. I'm not sure if this is a normal university level. Organic Chemistry courses only cover 12 chapters per semester. We cover roughly double that.

I have been practicing since the beginning of the semester, and basically I just have to revise before the exam. I've done "studying". It won't be that bad since my midterm is in about 10 days. But what worries me is that we'll have 7 questions out of 11 chapters... I mean damn, it's like one chapter per question xD

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Heheh Phixum, I wish you good luck as well. o_0 I like genetics but that IS a lot... I find Pokemon a great break from studying. Hence I joined here. I wonder how long it is until I'm no longer a "new" user...? When I know my way around? :-P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Yeah, there really isn't a set time frame for being new, Shedinjareese. However, I would say either about a month or until you pretty much know what you're doing. That's just my take on when you're still new, though. In reality, it's up to you.

Do you still feel new?

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Heheh Phixum, I wish you good luck as well. o_0 I like genetics but that IS a lot... I find Pokemon a great break from studying. Hence I joined here.

All of what you said applies to me too. However, I joined here to also get to know people... I'm lacking people in my life. I hardly have anyone in it besides family, lol.

Genetics is awesome, today he reviewed some concepts and gave us examples. I could understand all of them, which is good. I will still need to review the 11 chapters though. I am very determined to get 4.00 this semester, and so far all I'm getting is A's (Thank God!).

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    As I just said in a thread before posting here, everybody is a bit shy when they first join an online community. It is rather daunting to post around a new place, especially one that has quite an extensive user base.

Don't worry, it shouldn't last too long. Here soon you should have quite a few friends to pal around with as well as some general knowledge as to how the forum functions. If you ever need any assistance, I would be very happy to answer your questions. If you want, we could just have a nice chit-chat as well.
    (I do enjoy rambling on... xD)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I don't mind it, because sometimes I can start to ramble on and never stop talking like if I am the center of attention. I hope that Ill stop someday ^,^
    That's alright, go right on if you wish! I would love to have a conversation with you.

Well, not EVERYONE is shy at first. Some people like to just fling themselves in and enjoy the chaos. XD; (I have a few in mind but it'd be rude to name names. Erhem.)
    So I have learned in another thread a little while ago.
    Was I the only member that was shy upon initial joining of this forum? ;.;

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Why, my dear, are we so lucky?
    Is it because we joined this forum quite a few years ago, perhaps? :o

Well, congratulations on making your first post. It's the first step you make towards addiction to this place.
    (It's a good addiction, however.)

Personally, I don't believe it matters when one joins an online community. The only thing that does matter is what you do with the time you spend after joining. Just a little food-for-thought before you venture out into the land of threads. ;D

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
    Yes, welcome. You will quite enjoy this place. And, like Hiidoran already stated, you will quite like this place. I guarantee it.

charmedward

Eevee Evolver
    Years
    Hi, this is my second day and I would really like help from anyone who can, well, help. You see, I've found a hack that I would like to play (and apparently it's finished) but I don't know how to play/download the games. There is nothing about this in the FAQs and I'm a bit confused. Can someone help me please?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hi, this is my second day and I would really like help from anyone who can, well, help. You see, I've found a hack that I would like to play (and apparently it's finished) but I don't know how to play/download the games. There is nothing about this in the FAQs and I'm a bit confused. Can someone help me please?
    Hello there, Charmedward!
    Welcome to the Pokécommunity.

I believe the problem you're having is with applying a patch to a ROM. If you would like, send me a PM the next time you are on and I will explain it in depth to you. There may be a tutorial on it around here somewhere, however. If I find a link to it, I will gladly send it to you.

Have fun around the community!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back