• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Nursery: Baby Pkmn Club

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years

• The Nursery: A Baby Pokemon Fan Club

A baby pokemon is the lowest stage in an evolutionary tree of pokemon. They are obtainable by breeding, but they can't breed themselves. Under the right circumstances though, they can evolve into their stronger family member. Most of them are also pretty darn cute, if you ask me!

So far 19 different baby pokemon have been discovered. If you like any of these little fellas, then this just might be a club for you. To join this fan club share what name you would like to be known by, and answer me this- Who is your favorite baby pokemon?

Mine is ...
    Spoiler:

Daycare Lady:Sam/VisionofMilotic
    Trainers: _Confused_Piplup_/Angie, Rekoil/Vincent, Ninetales/Lina, Moon/Riki

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh wow, I am so glad to see a baby Pokémon fan club! Definitely count me in!
    I really like baby Pokémon, despite they're probably not really popular. I like the idea and yes they are INDEED super cute lol.

Trainer: Angie/_confused_piplup_

I can't choose one favourite lol. I'd say the ones I like the most are: Riolu, Wynout, Munchlax, Chingling and Mantyke. ^-^

Years
  • I like all but 4 of them tbh.
    I'm not a fan of Tyrogue, Wynaut, Bonsly and Toxel.

What name I'd like to be known by? idk...
    If it's a trainer name like ingame I'd go with: vincent.
    Forum nick: ReKoil
    But I could also go with my fav name for a Glaceon with how often I act like one my real nature shines through: Aurelia.

Fav baby Pokemon by far:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Oh wow, I am so glad to see a baby Pokémon fan club! Definitely count me in!
    I really like baby Pokémon, despite they're probably not really popular. I like the idea and yes they are INDEED super cute lol.

Trainer: Angie/_confused_piplup_

I can't choose one favourite lol. I'd say the ones I like the most are: Riolu, Wynout, Munchlax, Chingling and Mantyke. ^-^

Welcome to the nursery Contest Coordinator Angie! It seems that great minds think alike! They are an underappreciated but precious part of the Pokémon universe, and I would be excited to see more baby pokemon discovered in future, either for older pokemon or new pokemon.

You have made some great choices as your favorites! As a dog lover riolu is another one that is pretty high up there on my list. Thrilled to have you! Get ready because events and challenges will be coming to the nursery ^_^

I like all but 4 of them tbh.
    I'm not a fan of Tyrogue, Wynaut, Bonsly and Toxel.

What name I'd like to be known by? idk...
    If it's a trainer name like ingame I'd go with: vincent.
    Forum nick: ReKoil
    But I could also go with my fav name for a Glaceon with how often I act like one my real nature shines through: Aurelia.

Fav baby Pokemon by far:
    Spoiler:

Welcome aboard Skier Vincent! Awesome to have the famous Glaceon trainer here at our nursery to play with the baby pokemon. I'm glad to have so much love for Chingling in this house, because that's an endearing pokemon that i think gets forgotten about, and I love the original art you shared. Did you ever see the branch/alternate evolution for Chingling/ from the get-together for the fakemon contest? Dhamecho, it was one of my favorites submissions and think you might have liked it.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Time for a moment of nostalgia!

What was your very first baby Pokémon?

Mine was Togepi, the one I received as an egg in Pokémon Gold. I had a lot of fun using metronome with it, and was a lucky kid that tended to get just the move I needed, and also got to be a troll, doing things like confusing my enemy with a sweet kiss and using encore to keep the npc from using a move that could hurt me.

I remember taking Togepi to the haircut brothers, and doing my best to keep this little guy happy so that it would evolve some day into Togetic, and was proud and excited when we crossed that milestone. I had fallen in love with Togetic's angelic but whimsical design, and was eager to see what it would be like to battle with it next.

Togetic was a permanent member of my team, even for the Elite Four and Red fight. My Pokémon Gold team was Togetic, Typhlosion, Red Gyarados, Espeon, Amphoras and I believe Dragonite.

Back in those says Togekiss hadn't been discovered yet, so Togetic was the final stage, but I did evolve it into Togekiss for the remake Soul Silver, the special Togepi they give you with the exteasensory egg move was quite a powerhouse. Togekiss today remains my favorite fairy type pokemon, even though it hasn't always had that typing, it does fit the fairy combo.

Years
  • What was your very first baby Pokémon?

My first interaction with Johto was in HGSS, so I guess that means the Wynaut egg from Lavaridge Town in RSE is probably the first baby Pokemon I ever saw.
    I don't recall ever doing anything with it tbh. I just evolved it into Wobuffet for the Dex entry and then boxed it.

The first baby Pokemon that I actually used were from the eggs for Happiny and Riolu in DP.
    Child me didn't bother with breeding all that much =P

Did you ever see the branch/alternate evolution for Chingling/ from the get-together for the fakemon contest? Dhamecho, it was one of my favorites submissions and think you might have liked it.

I did check out the Fakemon Contest when I was deciding to participate either in it or the TCG Card contest, but I don't think I checked back in to see what people made.

Years
  • What was your very first baby Pokémon?

It was Mantyke got on my way to the Sinnoh League. My second one was Pichu. Then it was Riolu. I got the other ones with time, but I think the next one was Wynout from the egg as well.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd love to join!

Budew, who also happens to be my favourite baby Pokémon. I caught it early on in my very first Pokémon game, Pokémon Pearl. It's just the cutest thing in the whole world, I used to have a plushie of Budew when I was younger. It's just such an adorable Pokémon and I love its evolutionary family as well, with Roserade easily making my top ten favourite Pokémon.

Last edited:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • These are just the type of heartwarming stories i was looking for, thanks everyone for sharing!

My first interaction with Johto was in HGSS, so I guess that means the Wynaut egg from Lavaridge Town in RSE is probably the first baby Pokemon I ever saw.
    I don't recall ever doing anything with it tbh. I just evolved it into Wobuffet for the Dex entry and then boxed it.

The first baby Pokemon that I actually used were from the eggs for Happiny and Riolu in DP.
    Child me didn't bother with breeding all that much =P

I did check out the Fakemon Contest when I was deciding to participate either in it or the TCG Card contest, but I don't think I checked back in to see what people made.

Wynaut is pretty cute, but i can see why you might not have used it often, since it's gifted mid-game in rse, and it would be a little more time-consuming to hatch and catch up a lvl 5 baby pokemon to the rest of your team, and while Wynaut/Wobufett can be an amusing troll, you have to use it in a very specific way, so more of a pokemon for a challenge run. Your Wynaut got to hatch though and come into the world, and grow up to be a wobbufet, and feature in the pokedex, so still nice.

Happiny and Riolu are some of the loveliest baby pokemon out there, both of them grow up to be such great pokemon, so awesome choices. I think it's adorable the idea of happiny holding a stone to imitate the egg that her big sisters Chansey and Blissey have. I'll never forget traveling with Riley in Platinum, and all those double battles with his Lucario and the riolu egg, though i probably got the most use out of Riolu in BW2.

One of the prompts for the Fakemon contest was to design a branch evolution, and a user here named Panda made one for chingling that was a psychic and normal dual type, Dhaemecho. Chingling would become if it ko.ed a ghost type. It was this giant, peaceful-looking, benevolent bell kept in pagodas because it has a chime that frightens away evil spirits, and instills calm in others. It was drawn with this flowing purple ribbon-like tails said to suck away monsters.

It was Mantyke got on my way to the Sinnoh League. My second one was Pichu. Then it was Riolu. I got the other ones with time, but I think the next one was Wynout from the egg as well.

Aww, mantyke is a cutie. This is quite a strong pokemon also for a baby the way riolu is. I mean mantyke's special defense is higher than many fully evolved pokemon. I also like how the evolutionary mechanic is a reference to it's lore that the happy-go-lucky Mantine lets remoraid hitch a ride on it's fins and eat it's leftovers. I think remoraid helping it reach it's full potential is awesome because lt also means that both pokemon benefit from the relationship, and that's something that can happen in nature too, especially with marinelife like clownfish and anemones, pistol shrimp and gobi fish or coral and algae.

Pichu might be the cutest stage of all in a line that is super-appealing at all stages. Pichu also brings back some warm memories for me of playing his power plant mini game for Stadium 2 all those years ago when i was pint-sized, and also the Pikachu and Pichu short that comes with the 3rd pokemon movie, Spell of the Unown. Did i mention that i love riolu? I think this line has always been such a cool concept as these altruistic dog knights who can communicate telepathically with through their aura, and again quite useable in battle, even as a baby. I always name my riolu after my real life pets.

It looks like for quite a few of us the Wynut egg is one of our first baby pokemon, i love that because it means that Hoenn, my favorite region, was also part of the childhood experience of most of us here :) i think this waa my second baby egg hatched.

I'd love to join!

Budew, who also happens to be my favourite baby Pokémon. I caught it early on in my very first Pokémon game, Pokémon Pearl. It's just the cutest thing in the whole world, I used to have a plushie of Budew when I was younger. It's just such an adorable Pokémon and I love its evolutionary family as well, with Roserade easily making my top ten favourite Pokémon.

Welcome to the club Beauty Trainer Lina! So happy to have you. I have always really liked the Roserade line in all of it's stages too. I don't get to use it as much as i would like in game because i usually choose the grass starters, but yes Budew sure is cute, just as Roselia is beautiful and Roserade is both cool and strong. Very good choice. As a shiny hunter i also love the addition of the purple petals for this evolutionary family when they shine. The budew plushie sounds precious, and it's got me thinking about a possible baby pokemon photo shoot as a future club event. I think my Munchlax would be interested in posing.

Let me put your name on our list of members. More questions coming, so stay tuned!

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years

• I found a youtube short, featuring baby fakemon. Which one of these 5 little fellas would you most like to raise, if they were real?

I think i would have to get a lazuri! I actually thought shellos was a baby form of lapras when i saw the East Sea form in Platinum. Why not? They were both water type pokemon with marine blue color schemes and hump backs. Shellos even had some flaps growing on it's back and head that could have developed into the shell and horns of lapras. I caught it, loved it and raised it to Gastrodon. Now i'm coming back for the actual baby lapras in this video.

Years
  • I've wanted a baby Pokemon for Lapras for quite some time now, and Lazuri looks adorable. Moomoof looks adorable too.
    Eevool looks cute, but I don't think Eevee needs a baby Pokemon.

I don't care about Tangerm and Scorcipis.

I'd go for Lazuri with Moomoof as a close second.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I also love Lazuri! So I'd have to choose that one over the others! It's just so cute, though I honestly like all of the baby Pokémon showcased in the video! I don't really think Eevee and Tangela need pre-evolutions, however.

Years
  • I think you can totally notice that they're fake and indeed the style of those is quite different from the original one imo. Anyway, some of them are pretty cute. Out of those, I'd say that Lapras and Milktank would probably deserve a baby Pokémon more than the others.
    I like Lazuri and Eevool, but to be quite honest, I don't really like the style.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Topic: Children of the Rainbow (Shiny Pokemon)

As i think you guys all know, i love a shiny, and i have gone hunting for my share of them. I attached the models of all the baby pokemon in their shiny forms. Would love to know, which ones you folks think looks the best?

I think toxel has a pretty one, it shifts from purple into a softer and warmer rose or light orchid color. I also like Tyrogue, especially it's old game color sprite. He still looks solid, but the skin was more silvery before, almost like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz. He also had blue eyes in the gen 2 art to match the legs. I hatched the odd egg in Pokemon Crystal to get this guy.

I have a bonus. This artist has experimented with recoloring the shiny for each baby pokemon. How do you like these alternative shinies? Do you prefer the originals, the recolors or maybe it's about even with some of the old shinies being better and sometimes the new ones?

For me i prefer the originals overall i think, but it was not without competition from the fan art recolors! On more than one ocassion i liked both the real one and the repaint, and would be happy with either of them, and sometimes i did prefer the redo. The neon blue pichu was a winner with me, definitely my favorite attempt. I'd say it's an improvement from it's actual shiny, which is so subtle that it's an easy one to miss in the wild, if you aren't looking closely.

Years
  • Magby has a nice one, but I like it's evo's pink shinies more. Which is why I like Magby's recolor from that vid a lot.
    Mantyke & Mime Jr. have nice shinies too.
    Riolu has the best one though imo

For the recolors... Chingling's is better than the original as that one doesn't stand out at all. That said the color does not appeal much to me still. All the ones that made the barely changed shinies more standout are better to me tbh.
    Already mentioned Magby.
    Actually dig Munchlax's recolor the most tbh.

Years
  • I personally like a lot Riolu, Mantyke, Wynout and Toxel.

About the video, I like some of them, especially the first ones. I don't really like changing the colour of the ones mentioned above, mime jr and when he uses blue for yellow Pokémon as it seems a bit excessive. I'd say it's a tie, but if I had to choose, I'd stick with the original ones.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hii, can I join?

my favs are Elekid and Smoochum. I like them much more than their evos.

I see that Toxel is classified as a baby too, it makes sense but I didn't know it was! I like that new baby pokemon were added several generations and think more should be added to mainly pokemon with no evolutions.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • hii, can I join?

my favs are Elekid and Smoochum. I like them much more than their evos.

I see that Toxel is classified as a baby too, it makes sense but I didn't know it was! I like that new baby pokemon were added several generations and think more should be added to mainly pokemon with no evolutions.

Of course, the door to our nursery is always open if you like babies and want to cone play. Come on in Moon! You're in! I agree, elekid and smoochum are the best looking in the evolutiionary line.

Don't worry, I have been fooled by some pokemon too that were not what i thought they were. The mistake i sometimes make is thinking that a pokemon is a baby, when it's not. For the longest time i thought that Phione was a baby pokemon, and was shocked that it couldn't evolve into Manaphy.

Welcome to the club Pokefan Riki!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    thank you!

as for shinies, I'm a fan of pink where there was not pink berore, so of course Toxel, Bonsly, and Wynaut are in top <3 disappointed personally in Elekid's, Magby's, and Smoochum's shinies...

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years

• Eggs are mighty important in the pokemon universe. Breeding different species together allows pokemon to learn moves they don't learned by level up i.e egg moves. Breeding can also be used to get a specific pokemon nature, the individual values you want or increase the odds of a pokemon being shiny. In many games hatching an egg is the easiest and sometimes only way to obtain a certain species. Since eggs are especially associated with baby pokemon, let's talk about the various ways to find them!

Which breeding ground do you think is the best?

A) Poke Day Care

B) Pokemon Nursery

C) Picnic

I am going to say the nursery, though I liked that pokemon could gain levels while you were in day care, and wasn't sure how i liked that being removed in Sun and Moon at first. Though there was a drawback of overwriting moves, i thought it could still come in a handy with planning, in a situation where a pokemon can't fit in your party at the moment, and you have a long trek to make, giving it something to do besides sit in a box and fall behind as you progress in the story.

However, by Swsh I didn't miss that mechsnic because it was a lot easier to catch up a pokemon in level in general with the introduction of exp candies, and there were some nice new features added to the nursery too like pokemon with egg moves being able to teach the move not just to their offspring, but other pokemon of their species that they played with at the nursery.

I also liked the venues and how there were nurseries in the wild area, so i could travel around for vast distances picking berries and scavenging for other items, gathering watts and looking for brilliant pokemon, checking out what raids were happening while i waited for eggs to hatch. There was stuff to do besides riding my bike in a loop, if i wanted. Even if doing the latter in the bridge area supposed to be the faster way to get eggs and hatch them, the time seemed to fly more for me as i did other world exploration.

Back