• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
Years
  • No problem, electrifuzz. :)

Okay, it's time for another update! I've decided I'll update each time I sucessfully defeat a Gym Leader, or after a major event happens. So, here we go:

Name: Mei
    Game: Ruby
    Time: 12:36
    Badges: 2/8

The Second Gym and Then Some:
    Spoiler:

The Mei Crew:
    Spoiler:

The Backup:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2016
    Gonna start one under White!

Usual rules. ya know how it goes.

Will update soon.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • Okay guys! Another update:

Name: Mei
    Game: Ruby
    Time: 19:43
    Badges: 3/8

The Third Gym:
    Spoiler:

Post-Gym Battle Woes:
    Spoiler:

Every Cloud Has A Silver-Lining:
    Spoiler:

The Mei Crew:
    Spoiler:

The Backup:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Hmmm, I REALLY don't want to do my next Blue Solo, which would be Venomoth. So, I'll stall by doing a Nuzzy on Gold/Silver. Can't decide which one yet.

Edit: Aww, I was JUST going to make a simple copy-pasted CSS from another thread, but it got me all excited, so I may turn it into a long, multigame story perhaps?
    Note: It is about 3 in the morning here, and I am tired as a Snorlax that -doesn't- know rest. If I like this idea, I'll go back and edit it when I've had my beauty sleep.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Nuzlocke - Pokémon Silver
    Chapter 1: Trapped.

Hmm? A boy or a girl. ... ....... WHO IS IN MY BEDROOM‽‽‽‽‽
    What time is it? Um, well the clock on the screen says 11:55, so let's go with that.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

(The next words had better be 'inappropriate for me to be in your bedroom'.)

Unfortunately, they were not. "This is how I'm going to die." I thought to myself. "This man has an axe, and he is going to kill me in my bedroom in the middle of the night.
    "Oy! Li'l boy! What be yer name?"
    I tried to spell out 'murdered', but don't know how to spell, and ran out of time.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

(Sidenote, if I ever die in a really stupid way, I hope they say I was Myrrh-durred.)

And then the lights came on. Fortunately, the old man in the white trench coat (Yep, definitely going to die.) didn't have a weapon drawn on me. I thought it would be in my best interest to listen to his talk about Pokemon, despite being familiar with Pokemon since I was 6, and having cleared 100+ challenges in the last 2.

The man finally left, and I woke up.
    "I have got to stop watching weird youtube videos before bedtime." I thought to myself. I refuse to have another dream like that one.
    Shrugging off my dream, I slowly got out of bed. Everything was normal until I went downstairs. My mom walked up to me and handed me a new watch.
    "Uh, mom? I have my cell phone. Don't need a watch." I told her. "Thanks for the gift, though." Being polite, I took the watch and put it on, while my mom stared at me stupidly, waiting for me to finish my task.

"WHAT DAY IS IT?" She asked.

"Well, I just took my Sociology final yesterday, so today would be Saturday. That's why I'm home. Its Saturday." I answered.

"IS IT DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME YES NO?" She asked, in a strangely robotic voice.

"Uh, Daylight Savings time just ended a few weeks ago, didn't it? It either just ended or just started. Whichever one moves the clocks back an hour. I get them mixed up all the time." I chuckled. "I'm hungry, I think I'll grab a bowl of cereal."

"11:60 PM IS THAT OKAY YES NO?" She asked without moving. I looked at her and saw that she had a blank stare on her face, just waiting for me to answer.

"Uhhh, its about 9 in the morning, but yeah, sure, that's okay." I answered, quite weirded out. I stepped outside, and almost died of shock. I was not in Farragut, like I should have been. There were only a couple of houses around, and a big laboratory. There was no streets; there was a little path to connect the houses. To my right was a lake, to my left, a clearing in a forest that seemed to surround our little alcove. I gasped. I knew where I was. This was just like New Bark Town from Pokemon Gold and Silver version. BEST. DREAM. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I yelled, running around like a little kid in a candy store. I tripped and skinned my knee. "Ow!" I shouted, as everyone looked at me. But wait a minute. You can't get hurt in dreams. Surely I just imagined I got hurt. "Oh well, I bet I know what to do next!" I thought, skipping along to the lab.

I heard a familiar voice. "Ah! O'Malley! The little lad I was jest tellin' ya about is here! Myrrh! Come 'nside, and give yer Uncle Elm a hug."
    It took every ounce of concentration I had to not piss myself on site. Professor Elm was my.. uncle? And he was... Scottish? I didn't hug him, nor did I utter a single word, out of fear of my jaw unhinging itself and seceding from my body. I simply walked up to the table, picked up Cindiquil's Pokeball, and walked outside. When I stepped outside, Cindiquil's Pokeball began glowing, and a menu came up out of nowhere, wanting me to name my Pokemon.

(So be it, just make this pop up go away. I want to play with it.)

I then immediately ran to the nearby grass. Left. Right. Left. Right. Left. Right. Finally, a Hoot-hoot jumps out at me. I proceed to bash its skull in with Blister, but not before it got a couple solid hits on me. Not wanting Blister to faint so early, I tried my hardest to avoid the grass, but couldn't resist mauling a Rattata who thought he was all that.

I arrived in Cherrygrove. Now that I had battled a couple of times, I was back in a cheery mood, happy that I was dreaming about Pokemon. I sprinted to Mr. Pokemon's house, wanting to get Pokeballs as quickly as possible so I could start catching Pokemon. I made sure to train Blister some, preparing for the imminent first trainer battle that was sure to happen. Sure enough, when I left Mr. Pokemon's house, I got a call from Elm, and sure enough, when I tried to leave Cherrygrove, someone jumped out of the bushes and ambushed me. And it was Red, a friend I had from the real world!

"That's fitting," I thought, "he does have red hair and all." But something was off. He had a sinister sneer on his face, something uncustomary of Red OR the antagonist of Pokemon Silver. I knew this guy was mean, but sheesh!

Red turned to me and began speaking. "Hello, Myrrh. I'm sure you know where we are. Welcome to Johto. But don't worry about waking up, you're not going to be waking up for a very long time. See, you aren't actually sleeping. You're dreaming, yes, but that's because I have trapped your mind here, in another dimension. Let me introduce myself. In your world, I am called Red, but my real name is Bardi. I am a spirit, a harbinger of death. I have the ability to ensnare minds, to banish souls, and to destroy flesh. However, my powers are not unlimited. You are to be given a fair chance to escape my grip. Minds are launched into the universe of something they hold close, and must escape before time runs out. How much time do you have? That's for me to know, and you to hopefully find out." Bardi sneered again.

In a slightly more businesslike tone, he continued. "Now back to business. In this world, you will find almost everything exactly as it is in your Pokemon game. However, know one thing. These Pokemon are not mindless drones. No. They too, come from your world. They are the animals of your world, forced here by animal spirits for their own reasons. When Pokemon faint in this world, the soul of the animal leaves the body. They will be gone for good. If you ever want to get out of this world, you better have a Pokemon with you, or else the wild Pokemon will attack you, looking for a way back into your world."

Done with his speech, he pulled out a Pokeball. I knew what was inside, but could I go on with this battle? I would be killing the soul of some little animal back in my world.

"Draw your Pokemon now, or you shall be trapped here for all eternity!" Bardi laughed. I knew I had no choice. Throwing my Pokeball out into the open, I called upon the power of my Cyndiquil.

It was a good thing that I had done that extra training on the way to Mr. Pokemon's house. I edged out his Totodile, and I watched as a faint light accompassed the blue reptile. It began to float towards the sky, but Bardi held his hand up, and a strange purplish black aura surrounded the light. He dragged Totodile's soul back into its body.

"You shall not defeat me that easily. I'm afraid that my Pokemon are indestructible. For I alone can control their fate. Take caution, I will be back for your soul." Bardi said. And with that, he vanished.

I went into the Pokecenter, and made sure to heal Blister. Thinking for a bit, I decided that the best course of action was to finish Bardi's twisted game and try to escape back to my world. I walked back to the lab, in a much more serious fashion. Inside, I decided to tell the officer that the man's name was Red, and not Bardi.

I then proceeded towards Violet City, to get started on my badge expedition. But right before I got there...

The Nuzlocke Challenge

What a pleasant surprise! I think I'll train him in the Sprout Tower. BUT FIRST...

The Nuzlocke Challenge

(If anyone gets my reference, I'm kidpierre1123. Hit me up.)

My team of supersoldiers proceeded to wipe out Falkner, and I earned my first badge.

(You can tell I'm getting really tired. The difference in effort is just astounding.)

I then headed south, towards Azalea Town. On the way, this happened.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Followed by this.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

I got to Slowpoke Well, and stopped here.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Badges:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Last edited:

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    So, finally my first update for Emerald. I'm just going to do bullets until I catch up to where I am.

Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Dodq2

Black Knights Commander
    Years
  • I figure since I'm returning to Pokécommunity, I'll do my first Nuzlocke Challenge. Game: Pokémon Crystal. Trainer name: Cado. Rival: Damian. Starter PkMn: Bastion the Totodile.

Caught Ralph the Sentret, HM slave. Power-trained Bastion to level 10. Proceeded to Mr. Pokémon's house and back, slaughtered Damian. Caught Grayson the Pidgey, power-trained to level 10. Power-leveled both to level 18, both evolved. Beat Sprout tower, caught Eco the Bellsprout. Beat Falkner with ease, the poor fool's team was ripped to shred's from Bastion's ferocity and Grayson's determination. Currently training.

Team:
    Bastion the Croconaw level 18 - Water Gun, Scratch, Rage, Leer
    Grayson the Pidgeotto level 18 - Gust, Quick Attack, Tackle, Sand Attack
    Eco the Bellsprout level 5 - Vine Whip
    Ralph the Sentret level 2 - Tackle

Blew through weak Pokémon, got Eco (female Bellsprout) to level 19, caught Evan the Geodude, trained to level 19, beat Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well. Crushed Damian and his pathetic team. Grayson destroyed Bugsy's gym, the poor kid cried as we exited the gym. Grayson is now level 22. Got Cut, taught to Ralph. Caught Psi the level 10 male Abra. Now training. Psi just evolved. Went to the Underground, beat all the trainers. Evan evolved while training for my most hated gym. Eco evolved as well. After training each of my Pokémon to level 27 Evan easily defeated Whitney. Hah.

Team:
    Evan the Graveler level 28 - Rock Throw, Magnitude, Tackle, Rollout
    Bastion the Croconaw level 28 - Water Gun, Scratch, Bite, Headbutt
    Grayson the Pidgeotto level 27 - Gust, Quick Attack, Tackle, Sand Attack
    Eco the Weepinbell level 27 - Vine Whip, Poisonpowder, Acid, Sleep Powder
    Psi the Kadabra level 27 - Confusion, Psybeam, Disable, Recover
    Ralph the HM slave Sentret level 2 - Tackle

Fought my way to Ecruteak, easily dispatched Damian. Got Surf! Bastion took Morty down like a boss. Now a Feraligatr.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, that didn't last long. Not going to do a super cool update...

Slowpoke Well:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Fought Red again, then skipped ahead to the Forest before Bugsy.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Then fought Bugsy.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Togepi hatched!
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

After I taught Maokai Cut, I went ahead and got Headbutt, then backtracked to Route 33 for a headbutt Pokemon.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Yay now I can use Fly!

Went through and caught a Drowzee on the other side of the forest.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Decided that I needed some training if I wanted to beat Whitney without any losses. Started training on the other side of Goldenrod. On the Firebreather's second Magmar:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

OH JEEBUS!

But I healed at a Pokecenter and everything was k. After a little more training, Whitney time!
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Clefairy was a pushover. For Miltank, I put it to sleep, switched to Volibear and Growled it down, then switched back to Nocturne when it awoke. Put it back to sleep when it used Rollout, then a few Spites later, it was mostly useless. Volibear finished the job.

Time to add some to my team!
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

North of Goldenrod, I made this.

And then I made this.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Didn't get anything in the National Park, because I want to wait for a bug catching day.

I went to Ecruteak, got Surf, Nocturne Evolved, beat Red, and then after a long battle, I beat Morty. His Gengar was useless, because I would send out Caitlyn, he would put her to sleep, then I'd switch to Nocturne, he'd Dream Eater, I'd switch back to Caitlyn, he'd try to Shadow Ball, etc. Finally, once he was out of Shadow Balls, I licked him down to size.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Small update:

From Morty, I headed west towards Chuck. This happened on the way
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

And this
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Caitlyn was still pretty pathetic, so I used Nocturne and Volibear for Chuck.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Saved the other Ampharos. Then beat Jasmine
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Thank goodness Steelix doesn't have Earthquake... And I have Fire Punch
    To Price! On the way...
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

and...
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

(Hint: He's Shiny)
    This was the result of the Red Gyarados fight:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

(I killed a Magikarp afterwards so I could take a screenshot of it)

Missed the pic of Blister evolving, but he beat Pryce.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

And that's where I am. Coming up next, I clear Radio Tower, Blackthorn, and the Elite Four!

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • Ok so I started a Nuzlocke run on a leaf green rom
    Also made a little banner for it ;)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

So I picked my starter and chose Squirtle
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

I decided to have a theme for my nicknames as well.
    I chose the Naruto anime series.

So I am now in Viridian Forest and here is my team as it stands

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Sasuke the Squirtle - Level 7
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Hinata the Pidgey - Level 3
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Shino the Caterpie - Level 4

Reasons for nicknames:
    Sasuke - Always seeking power
    Hinata - She has the keen eye ability which allows her for awesome accuracy just like the Byakugan
    Shino - Well Shino uses bugs so :l

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Ok so I started a Nuzlocke run on a leaf green rom
    Also made a little banner for it ;)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

So I picked my starter and chose Squirtle
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

I decided to have a theme for my nicknames as well.
    I chose the Naruto anime series.

So I am now in Viridian Forest and here is my team as it stands

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Sasuke the Squirtle - Level 7
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Hinata the Pidgey - Level 3
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Shino the Caterpie - Level 4

Reasons for nicknames:
    Sasuke - Always seeking power
    Hinata - She has the keen eye ability which allows her for awesome accuracy just like the Byakugan
    Shino - Well Shino uses bugs so :l
    Wouldn't Choji be more accurate for Caterpie, since he evolves into Butterfree, which is Choji's clan animal thing?

NidoJosh

Years
  • Wouldn't Choji be more accurate for Caterpie, since he evolves into Butterfree, which is Choji's clan animal thing?

haha true I forgot about that episode
    I wasn't aware that the Akamichi clan had an animal but ah well aha

Anyway here is an update

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Major events since last Update:
    ~ Defeated Brock
    ~ Defeated Rival
    ~ Defeated Misty
    ~ Lost Geodude to a dumb Magnemite's sonicboom :(

Current Location: Vermillion City

Pokemon
    Spoiler:

NidoJosh

Years
  • Another update!
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Major Events Since Last Update
    - Went on the SS Anne
    - Caught a Magikarp and trained it - takes way tooo long haha
    - Defeated Lt. Searge
    - Went through Rock Tunnel
    - Caught a Mankey
    - Lost Zetsu :(
    - Evolved Choji and Kisame

Current Location: Celadon City Gym

Current Party
    Spoiler:

Boxed Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Deceased Pokemon :(
    Spoiler:

Dodq2

Black Knights Commander
    Years
  • Defeated Pryce and Chuck no problem.
    Current team:
    Evan the Graveler level 36 - Rock Throw, Magnitude, Strength, Rollout
    Bastion the Feraligatr level 40 - Surf, Slash, Bite, Headbutt
    Grayson the Pidgeot level 39 - Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Fly, Sand Attack
    Peggy the Exeggutor level 36 - Stomp, Hypnosis, Confusion, Leech Seed
    Psi the Kadabra level 41 - Psychic, Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Recover

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Another update!
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Major Events Since Last Update
    - Went on the SS Anne
    - Caught a Magikarp and trained it - takes way tooo long haha
    - Defeated Lt. Searge
    - Went through Rock Tunnel
    - Caught a Mankey
    - Lost Zetsu :(
    - Evolved Choji and Kisame

Current Location: Celadon City Gym

Current Party
    Spoiler:

Boxed Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Deceased Pokemon :(
    Spoiler:
    Hinata should be renamed to HINATATATA because it's more lulzy. :D

But anyway, I'm starting yet another Nuzlocke on Emerald, since I decided to start one because of another forum, and decided to make a story of it because of yet another different forum, so why not post it here as well? So I'm going to start posting it here as well. :3

Pokemon are dead, first Pokemon in each area, no legends etc. There's also this if people want to gander at it. :)

Spoiler:

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • Oh man. Gonna have to restart on Gold...Sorry. :nervous:

I already started anyway, so....

Rules:
    1. Standard rules.
    2. Nickname all pokes.
    3. No daycare center.
    4. Shiny clause.
    5. Dupe clause.

POKéMON GOLD Nuzlocke update one:

1: Intro, name my character Fallen, did the time, etc.
    1.a: Got my PokéGear and talked to my future rival.
    1.b: Chose Dile the Totodile.
    1.c: Obtained the potion from Prof. Elm's aide.
    1.d: Saved outside the lab.

Current team:
    Dile the Totodile: lv. 5

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    At this moment, I am currently doing five Nuzlockes at the same time, so I may be slow on posting my Emerald updates.

Dodq2

Black Knights Commander
    Years
  • Olivine Gym time, wish me luck.
    Beat the Gym, Psi was left with 4 HP.
    Beat all the Rockets in the Radio Tower and Rival Damian in the Underground with relative ease. Now proceeding further Underground.
    Killed the Rocket Executive, and got through Ice Path, caught Paul the level 22 Sneasel. Now training.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I kept on trucking with my challenge, and near the end, I did a heap of grinding before the end. Tate and Liza were so hard to beat, I'm glad I caught some Dark types to beat her.

The main team:
    Spoiler:

In the PC:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back