• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Retaliators and The Downfall of Team Rocket [M] (OOC/SU)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
actually speaking of Eric Knowing Christina's true appearance... how do we want to play that he knows? like did they meet before hand or was it in a report from a couple of unnamed operatives that crossed his desk, along with some photographs and description of her and what happened to her and some of the others like her, like police report style?
The second one sounds likely.

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
That said, I believe we're still waiting for @mdebourg101 (Andy/Nascent), @TheMadIceCream (Aster), and @Charcadet121 (Chara) to move on with their respective parts unless the players don't mind their characters going MIA in the middle of the plot.
Yo, I see @mdebourg101 online at the time of writing this. Are you still up for playing Andy/Nascent over here?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Quick question @Typh. You mentioned Marcus's name directly in your most recent post, was that just for people to know who you were talking about? Because he's yet to have said that name out loud in the RP, only ever introducing himself as John Keaton.

Years
  • Online now
Quick question @Typh. You mentioned Marcus's name directly in your most recent post, was that just for people to know who you were talking about? Because he's yet to have said that name out loud in the RP, only ever introducing himself as John Keaton.
So folks know who Christina is referring to, I can change it if need be.

Years
@Ranger_Lark
And besides, she wasn't a wild pokemon, she was a person.
Would you say this was what Tal thought in his head ?
I was thinking, if Gracidea, surprised by what TR really did to Christina, might want to read the others' minds about their reactions to that, and mentally heard this, she would ask Tal what did that make her, being a Pokémon on her own.

Days
  • Seen today
@Ranger_Lark

Would you say this was what Tal thought in his head ?
I was thinking, if Gracidea, surprised by what TR really did to Christina, might want to read the others' minds about their reactions to that, and mentally heard this, she would ask Tal what did that make her, being a Pokémon on her own.
Yes! And I think that confrontation could be an interesting character growth/questioning moment for Tal

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Just something quick I feel like I should note. Marcus has never seen nor heard of Hisui or any of the ancient Pokemon from there (meaning he won't recognize that Christina looks like that due to her having Hisuian Zoroark DNA, rather thinking it was just due to her being half human). And he's also never been to Paldea either, nor has he seen any of the Gen 9 Pokemon before.

Years
  • Online now
Just something quick I feel like I should note. Marcus has never seen nor heard of Hisui or any of the ancient Pokemon from there (meaning he won't recognize that Christina looks like that due to her having Hisuian Zoroark DNA, rather thinking it was just due to her being half human). And he's also never been to Paldea either, nor has he seen any of the Gen 9 Pokemon before.

that's fine, the Hisuian mark was mostly a note for players to know what she looks like, though if people can find an IC / IG reason to explain the knowledge and the ability to identify what she looks like, all the more power to them.

Years
I also would like to add this to be sure, Gracidea is not the kind to throw hissy fits or temper tantrums, but when something rubs her the wrong way like stuff related to how, as a Pokémon, she wasn't treated as a person after losing her human companion, she rather acts with controlled, cold / icy anger. I maybe should have detailed, but her mental words in my last post weren't really snippy, more like cold.

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
I also would like to add this to be sure, Gracidea is not the kind to throw hissy fits or temper tantrums, but when something rubs her the wrong way like stuff related to how, as a Pokémon, she wasn't treated as a person after losing her human companion, she rather acts with controlled, cold / icy anger. I maybe should have detailed, but her mental words in my last post weren't really snippy, more like cold.
Noted. I've googled the word and methinks what Gracidea did somewhat came across as snippy to Kaede (at least), so...
Spoiler: Snippy meaning

On unrelated note, I'm still wondering if our GM still needs more time to digest everything everyone said IC...

Years
  • Online now
On unrelated note, I'm still wondering if our GM still needs more time to digest everything everyone said IC...

In relation to the unrelated note, I'm getting the feeling that life might be busy for our fearless leader so this falls by the wayside. Though you do have a good point, and I wouldn't be surprised either way, since we're giving him a lot of content to go with and respond to... I just don't want this thing to die out so having our characters interact can help keep the channel busy and alive while the next play is planned out.

Days
  • Seen today
I know the level of pokemon sentience is something of a fandom debate, and obviously there are intelligent pokemon in this rp. It would however, not feel great for me OOC if every pokemon in the world was as intelligent as a human because I feel like it puts Tal (and other rangers/trainers in general) in the position of being an asshole in a way I didn't intend when coming up with his backstory

Back