• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rpers Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    kirby00 said:
    i didnt do properly was mechanics, but i figure thats not too much of a big deal anyways...

Mechanics not a bid deal? NOT A BIG DEAL?!?! *schreeches, falls over, and dies* Intelligibility in a role-play post is essential to good RPing. A good RPr has intelligent ideas, is creative, NEVER gives themselves too much power, has an interesting personality (and stays true to it), doesn't seem contrived, etc. etc. An excellent RPr expresses all these things in and interesting, eloquent, and fluent manner. My ranting, I'd like to join.

Currently involved in:
    The new MaH
    Once Upon a Crescent Moon
    Ingraladia (I think that's the spelling)
    The RPG Academy
    MSG Seed: Betrayal

Years
    while you join dont be a smarty pants and make me feel bad. all u had 2 say is: maybe you could work on spelling, instead of hinting at me being a bad rper. if you want respect then give it out. yes you can join, but dont give yourself a bad impression about judging others. newyas to prevent flaming this is the topic and lets not get off topic:
    I am currently in New Boarding skewl! and its cool! altho no more members can join due to the creators decision, I found it helpful to describe certain things I like about it which may help others be good at rping:
    original, fun, limited and not easy to god-mode, doesnt get offtopic, etc. Also if ppl are in the same rp as u feel free to discuss w/ them back and forth in this club
    1st club question: What makes an rp fun?

~Ozy~

Years
    Hey man, I never impled that you were a bad RPr. Loosen up. I merely said that mechanics are important to good RPing.

As for what makes RPing fun...*rummages for list* Ah, here we go: First, it's an opportunity to let my darker sides run wild for a bit. Second, it requires you to think on your feet while maintaining a sense of realism. Third, you can explore the depths of your own soul without having to pay money to a psych. Fourth, there's a stisfaction you get when you know you've written a good character. Finally, when you finish an RP, a good one, one that you loved and cared for, one that you cherished, there's a sense of wholeness and perfection. The, the next day, you see the sequel and go "Alright, let's get started," crack your knuckles, and dive right in.

Years
    Dang you Adamant, stop saying what i would say! *tries to think of something he hasn't said* well, it lets your mood control you as well. example, you're upset, your charecter goes bezerk, you're sad, your charecter gets emotionally hurt, and everybody knows it too.

~Ozy~

Years
    Either magic or plain ol'-fashioned swords. Preferably scimitars or katanas. Although I'm not advers to the occasional claymore.

Years
    What's a claymore?

The reason i like giant monsters is becuase i use what I now call 'deathtraps' but they are hardly ever used agisnt somebody else. My charecter gets attacked by animals all the time.

~Ozy~

Years
    Alright, take a broadsword and big-ify it. The blad tends to be about four feet long, the handle is abour two. Typical weight around 30 pounds. The pommel is often used for the first strike as a mace. Grip is one hand towards the middle of the handle, the other slightly on the blade in an unsharpened portion.

~Ozy~

Years
    When I get into using creatures, I tend to prefer either nymphs, imps, or Tanar'ri (remember my old avatar? One of those).

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Sorry guys, but i was just looking thru the thread, and its been revived from an old club.
    Please create a new club if you wish to continue rp discussion ^^

*locks*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back