• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Warriors/Wizards Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Alvender held his breath, trying not to give in to his elven lineage. He felt guilty for treating a female like that, even if she was human. "But she's a wizard," Alvender muttered to himself, as he kept his eyes shut. That didn't ease his guilty conscience. Alvender sighed and let his broadsword drop to the ground, he felt himself giving into his conscience. Dragging his feet, and his huge sword, he stocked over to the girl.

"My name's Alvender Con'Tirna. The way I treated you, was completely ignorant. Here I should find people who are most like me. I, too, am a sort of wizard. As wizard as an elf can get while keeping his warrior prowess," Alvender said, shoving out his hand for her to shake, it took all his strength to keep from swinging the arm back and unsheathing his scimitar and lunging at the girl. "It seems I need a friend," Alvender muttered, which made put a big hole in his pride. "But if you use any wizarding tricks on me, when we aren't training together, I'll cut you down on the shot. I still HATE human wizard," Alvender warned, knowing that even if the girl was even a bit threatened by him, she'd never let it show, she was a wizard afterall.

"Better shake my hand, it might be the first and the last time you'll ever get to do it," Alvender trying to crack a smile, but it looked distorted and unusual on his hardened face.

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
Years
I crossed my arms slightly, feeling as if I were the only one there, although it wasn't true. I wonder why.... "No...it isn't true...on the other hand...." I shook my head, brushing some stray hairs behind a pointed ear.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
She knew he was trying hard. She could sense it in the way he moved, in the way he looked at her, but most noticably, in his eyes. She did not have to consult her ability to feel others' emotions to understand that he was troubled, troubled by her presence and beyond it.

She took his hand and shook it firmly, her dark robe hiding her from him. Yukiko shifted uncomfortably on her shoulders. Skye hesitated, and removed her hood from her head, revealing her short blond hair and indigo eyes. She looked up at him from her sitting position. Her eyes were clear, defenseless. She figured she could open herself up to him, since he was kind enough to do so for her.

"I am pleased to meet you," she told him honestly, bowing her head a little in courtesy. "As for wizzarding tricks...you don't need to worry. I would never take advantage of an ally. I hope that perhaps someday you will realize that human wizzards are not all bad...but there is something you should know about me, since we are allies, and you have a right to know.

"I was born with...a gift. Yukiko-" she gestured to the small dragon on her shoulder"-and I are bound together. We share a mind, but we can also sense the emotions of others. It is something neither of us can control, so choose your distance from us. I am hoping that by training here, I will be able to gain control over it."

She wrapped her arms around her knees, which were pulled to her chest as she sat on the floor. Her liquid indigo eyes looked at him calmly, compassionately, contrasting sharply with his rugged, defensive expression.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Alvender, who tried to be nice, couldn't help but mutter to himself, "I care not for what "powers" a mere human possesses. I'll out live you by a thousand years or so," Catching himself quickly, he huffed, and tried to cover up what he just muttered to himself.

"You're dragon is no threat to me. You're the bigger threat I worry about," Alvender said looking from the dragon to the girl. "I'd trust a dragon more so I'd trust a wizard. We may be friends now, allies as you call it. But my trust is hard to win. "Dragons can be slain by force, wizards are cunning, sharp-witted, and annoying creatures, far more dangerous than any dragon."

Realizing he was biting the hand that was petting him, Alvender sighed, and sat down beside the young woman. For the first time, and for the last he hoped, he let down his defenses, and his stone cold eyes turned to there rightful youth. "I have a lot of troubles to conquer. Great demons from my past that I have no yet slain, and I fear never will," Alvender started, self-pity not even touching the voice of the proud young elf. Instead he returned her look of trust for the time being, happy he found a friend amist so many enemies. For just a brief moment in time, the abused worn elf, was as hansome and as gentle as any ever known.

"I fear you never told me your name. Or shall I just call you 'girl-with-purple-eyes'?" Alvender said trying to put alittle bit of humor, something he hasn't heard in years, into the seemingly dry conversation.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"My apologies," she said, a small smile crossing her face. "My name is Skye. And I told you about my power so that our trust will not be broken. I've known many who are...intimidated...when they know I can sense what they're feeling. My people back home found me very useful for interrogations, since I can tell when someone is lying."

Yukiko squirmed uncomfortably on her shoulders. They were both very aware of the elf's strength and power, and Yukiko was much less trusting than Skye, something that balanced the two. Skye ran a hand through her short blond hair and looked over at the elf. She wondered briefly but hopefully that this friendship would last...

She also began to wonder if this avademy was going to get off the ground anytime soon.

OOC Hint hint ;)

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
OOC: Yeah...well we can't really do anything until Nomad gets this thing started... *sigh*

IC: "You're a wizard, it's what they do," Alvender said a bit more bitterly than he had attended, still managing to keep his expression steady, open, and trusting. "That's why it makes out smarting them very difficult. But at last, I'm an elf, and I have magics that can negate any emotion sensing spells or powers," Alvender said with a little wink.

"Now that you've told me a little about me. I guess I'll do the same," Alvender looking into Skye's indigo eyes, searching for anything that he could use to discredit his new friend, she seemed a bit too surreal for him to digest. Soon he finally gave up, and found nothing but openness and trust. "I was enslaved at a young age. 5 years to be exact. I've been abused, tortured, and assulted, by my old master, his family, even the rest of the slave. Worst of all, my master was a very powerful wizard."

"My powers are stunted by the lack of exposure to elven magic. I only know a few spells, simple, yet effect to get what I want done most of the time. For example, now, you couldn't detect my emotions even if you wanted to, only by reading my facial expressions, but they can easily be deceptive," Alvender said, allowing her some insight to how much he didn't trust her. He didn't like any wizards, male or female, cute or ugly, it didn't matter.

"I'm as weak as a newborn kitten, by elven standards. And I'm even weak by human standards. My blades, I got when my father passed them down to me when I was still small. They come to my call, that's how I was able to regain them after I escaped. My skills are minimum. So even if I wanted to hack you down, chances are likely, I'd never even be able to get my blades out in time. You could stop me with a single word," Alvender admitted, as he let his gaze wonder up to the ceilling, wondering how far he could trust this young woman. 'She seemed fine enough, yet she is a wizard and it could all be a ploy. She's young, though, so she should have no motive to try and assult me. Or does she? No she doesn't, if she did I would have detected it by now. Or is she a stronger wizard and can counter my counter? No, no, even if she could, she seems younger than me by at least 2 years or so. But age doesn't matter in the wizarding world.' Alvender thought to himself, his mind wondering wildly out of control, trying to sort out if this girl was up to no good or if she was truly sincere.

Alvender shifted his gaze to Skye again, who was running her hand through her hair. As he watched contently, he found his cheeks warming up as Skye set her eyes on him. Alvender huffed the silly feeling away and got to his feet. "I'm going," Alvender said, regaining his hardened expression, this girl had heard too much, he had decided. Walking away, without a good-bye, or another word. Alvender headed down the many corridors to try and find someone that could get this little training camp started.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Skye listened attentively, and let him go without a word in objection. Whether or not he would warm up to her was his choice alone, and his past experience with human wizzards certainly didn't give him incentive to. Deep down, she hoped she might be the person to change that, and Yukiko, who still resided on her shoulders, nudged her mind.

Skye's cheeks flushed pink. She got up from her sitting position and decided to have a look around the academy to get her mind off everything. She walked down the cool, dark corridoors, and soon found herself out in a courtyard. Yukiko settled herself in the grass, and Skye found herself settling under the shade of a nearby tree. She watched Yukiko running around, enjoying the sun, floating in the air lazily. It had been the first time they had been relatively unburdened by pain in a long while. The two of the relished in it, relaxing, Skye finding herself daydreaming despite herself.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
OOC: Where is Nomad? Or should we just start this ourselves?

IC: Alvender's mind was still clouded by the time he got to the next turn in the corridor. He had let his defenses down way to long, it appeared to him that that female wizard was actually getting to him. "Never..." Alvender huffed confidently, as he turned down a dark, almost pitch black corridor.

"All I have is myself. Friends end up betraying," Alvender told himself as he threw himself against the cold stone, and slouched to the floor. "I hate wizards!" Alvender growled out loud, convincing himself that Skye was a far greater wizard than he thought possible, and forced his mind to open up without him even noticing.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
Name: JBCBlank
Nickname: Michael
Appearance: I'm about 5'11" and have the most beautiful golden wings anyone has ever seen, (want a better idea... look at my pic {on my signature}).
Skills: I'm a fallen angel so my powers are gone, but I can still scare you pretty bad with my shadow. The only power that wasn't taken from me was my power to saduce. hint hint ;)
Personality: I can be rough around the edges but when you get to know me you get to know a pretty strong willed softy.
Village: Lava Village
What you will study: Warrior
Major: Swrod Fighting and Archery
Special Power: holy power
Pet: Dragon
Name of Pet: lucifer

Super_Lawliet

Years
I sighed and stood up straight, walking past Alvender and back to her quarters. Upon entering she found that the serpent she arrived with had coiled up on the bed. "Oi.....I told you...don't sleep on the bed..."

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Yukiko and Skye both shot upright at the exact same moment. Skye's eyes were wide and alert, and Yukiko's were cold and expectant. Skye was near tears, and Yukiko was filled with anger.

"No," Skye whispered, locking eyes with her dragon. She shook her head slightly, as if it were enough to dismiss what they had both just felt. "It can't....he can't..."

"He told you he hates wizzards," Yukiko reminded her. "That hatred was exactly as you felt it....directed towards you."

"I hate this!" Skye exclaimed helplessly, pounding her fists into the earth below her. A few tears fell from her eyes. "I can't trust anyone....why do people have to LIE?"

Yukiko, who had grown to her full and mighty size, took a few steps and was by Skye's side, surrounding her with warmth. Skye threw herself upon Yukiko's white, furry back, sobbing quietly.

"Why is it worth living....why does all this matter? I don't want to have anything to do with the war....or whose side is whose....what is there worth FIGHTING for if I cannot allow myself to love....on any level?" Skye vented. "Whether friendship or romance, or family....I cannot love because I know how deceptive people are. I wish I could change that....I wish I had that power instead...."

Yukiko nudged Skye off her back gently, and curled up around her as the girl sunk into the grass.

"You cannot change the world," the dragon told her. "By having such a power, even with the intent of doing good, you would do wrong. The only power you have is the power to better yourself, and in doing so setting an example for others to follow. You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Skye wiped her eyes and snuggled up into Yukiko's soft fur. She didn't want to hear what the dragon had just said, though since they both shared a mind, they both knew she heard and understood.

"I wish he didn't hate me..." she said quietly. "I wish he would let me show him that we all aren't that bad."

"Perhaps you two aren't as different as you think," the dragon suggested quietly.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
From a tree high above Michael servaid the land, "Nothing but death..." he said to lucifer who was hanging on to his shouder, "We must find others and warn them... before it's too late..."

He jumps off the branch wings shineing in the morining sun, lucifer fallows him growing to his full leangth of over a hundred feet, an amazing sight to behold if any of the living were watching...

Michael knew that the evil was close and that he had to do something about it, though he knew not what.... not yet.

All he knew was that he would have to quickly find comrads to help him but he didn't know if he would be accepted....

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
Michael only turns slightly to look at the aproching youth... "Are you sure you can handle it?" he asks droping to the ground next to the young brunett... "What have you to show?"

lucifer lands and takes his small size and starts chaseing the dragon that stood next to the young man...

Super_Lawliet

Years
I went over to the neaarby window and opened it, seeing two people conversing. I smiled slightly and called out in a calm voice. "You two, why are you just standing there? It might be night soon!" I smiled slightly and slipped out the window. going over. My longish ears perked slightly as I stopped, bowing. "Might I ask your names?" she looked to Legolas t Michael.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Alvender felt his defenses softening as he found himself thinking about the female wizard. Before he let his emotions get a hold of him, he lifted the sleeve of his shirt to reveal his torn shoulder that had been severed by the young female wizard that had captured him, the skin was just now beginning to heal, making a huge round scar. Anger welled up inside him toward not only Skye, but wizards in general.

'Give her a chance...' a voice inside his head pleaded. It was a soft woman's voice, somehow...very familiar to the young elf, something comforting rose up to consume him.

"...mother..." Alvender asked softly to himself as he looked around to try and track down where the voice had come from. At last there was no one that he could see or sense.

'Perhaps you have forgotten, little one,' the voice said equally soft and confident.

Alvender stared down at his scimitar's hilt, which was glowing a soft hew of blue. "My scimitar?" Alvender guessed as he unsheathed his slender liquid aqua blade.

'Yes...and no. I am indeed your mother, but I am also your weapon,' it said softly. 'If you remember my dying words..."I'll always be with you." I sealed my soul in the sword to guide you.'

"Then why did you not come to my aid when I was captured?" Alvender protested, his hatred rising even more at this new essence.

'I can only come to your call...' it said as it reminded him that it could not come on it's own will. 'I would have...but my powers are limited.'

Alvender sat in the darkness in deep thought, allowing his mother to read his thoughts as they crossed him. 'I really think you should give this girl, Skye, a second chance.'

'She's a wizard!' Alvender protested, not wanting anyone to think he was insane so he kept the mind connection and talked to her through thought. 'How can I trust them? One completely damaged my shoulder, I don't even think I can fight with it...and now you want me to trust a wizard, someone who could turn on me? Wizards can't be trusted.' Alvender countered viciously, drawing his mother out of his thoughts for a few moments for her to examine him from some otherworldly plane.

'Don't talk such foolishness. If only you knew how much she was tearing herself up because of the way you acted,' she replied, right before Alvender could call out to her. 'Tis true you speak from eperience, but there are good wizards, wizards that are loyal and true. Skye would make a perfect mate for you.'

"I'd never..." Alvender huffed, but all the same a bit flustered.

'Not neccessarily in love...but as a companion. She's one you can trust. Whether you or her take it a step forward, that's not my call. Trust me...you can trust fully in her,' it said softly yet again. Alvender found that he couldn't carry on the argument any longer.

"I'll talk to her..." Alvender said, finally giving in.

'That's my son...make me proud...' the voice said, fading out of his mind as the blue hew faded away.

Alvender rounded the corner and was about to enter the courtyard, but heard Skye talking to her dragon, so he crouched behind a stone pillar to listen. The only thing he heard from the conversation was the last thing Skye was saying. Alvender rubbed his worn face, as he contimplated what he was going to say. With a sigh of distress, his scimitar glowed and his mother voice filled his head with a simple message, 'Say what you mean, and mean what you say.' It was a common human folk saying, yet it had a different meaning to an elf.

"I hate human wizards," Alvender said, disguising his voice as if to be harsh and cruely sincere. "But I never said I hated you," Alvender said his voice and expression lightening considerable, to that gentle and hansome man that was sitting beside her earlier.

"Everyone needs friends. I just found my first one, and by no means do I mean to lose her," Alvender said, in the same soft and gentle voice his mother used on him only a few moments ago. For the first time in 13 years, a warm and compassionate smile lit up his hansome elven face, seeming to make all his scars and bruises disappear completely. "What kind of friend would I be..." Alvender started, struggling to find the right words, "if I left my only true friend here in an empty courtyard to beat herself up for something I've said or done?"

A magical power suddenly surged through Alvender, filling every part of his hollow body with a warmth lost over the ages. 'Use it wisely, you only get one shot until you learn control,' his mother's voice said in a sort of mischievious demeanor.

Gripping his hands into a tight fist and looking at them with awe for a split second as they glowed with a gentle golden light. A single thought crossed his mind, and he smiled contently. Letting his fist open and shut all in one movement, a rather large and exquite bouquet of nothing but the rarest and most beautiful flowers. "Please forgive me for how I acted earlier," Alvender said as he held out the flowers for her to except as a token of his appology. With a quick gaze to his off-hand to make sure he had one more trick up his sleeve that was sure to awe-strike her, he turned back to her with a gentle smile, hoping she accepted.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
Micheal barely noticed the young girl and only answered her question becouse his dragon had made him, "They call me Michael." he flaped his wings to force his dragon away.... "and that," he points to the tiny dragon, "is lucifer."

Super_Lawliet

Years
I nodded respectfully to the two, then turned my gaze to Legolas. I couldn't help but blush slightly, he was attractive in a way, but I didn't want to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back