• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Warriors/Wizards Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • OOC: Oy....we own like....the last ten pages :-P

IC: Silenced as he spoke of his experineces, Skye lowered her eyes, and was caught by suprise when he pulled her into his arms. She felt a million things: young, naiive, helpless...and yet somehow, overpowering all these feelings was exactly what Alvender had expressed next.

"I love you."

She looked up at him slowly, the deep indigo of her eyes giving way to a flood of tears. She blinked a few times, letting them fall freely from her eyes without shame. The words, seeming to flutter about wildly in her mind, came to settle at last in her heart, sinking deeply into the walls, seeming to enter her blood stream, like sugar, giving her strength.

Her eyes, through the fog of her tears, sought his, and found them. She touched the tip of her nose to his, still holding his gaze. And the words spilled from her mouth with more truth than she had ever known.

"I love you, too."

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: Only this page. :P

IC: Still extremely unsure of what to do next, after warning flashes of the previous night flashed in his head. Warning him against starting something, anything with that particular emotion. He persued it though, lightly touching Skye's lips with his own, and then pressed harder with more urgency, like it would be the only time, the only time ever, to do anything similar to what he was doing.

Again the warning signs telling him to stop, again his mind trying to coax him from his actions. Alvender closed his eyes, and let his mind swirl around wildly as surges of energy flew through him.

* * *​

Quasak seemed flustered as he felt the feelings of his counterpart. So raw, and so untamed, he didn't know what to do, should he stop Alvender? At last he decided on resting his head on the ground and slowly severing the link between the two of them, allowing Alvender this moment to himself to share with the one he loved.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Unlike Alvender, for once, Skye's mind was completely serene. She felt her usually tense shoulders relaxing. She leaned into the kiss gently, feeling her heartbeat slowly quicken. Her hands found his face, which she held gently traced with her fingers, running her hands through his hair, along his pointed ears.

She broke the kiss gently, opening her eyes slowly, and watching him. She could see the millions of thoughts swimming through his mind just by the look on his face. Her forehead still pressed to his, their noses still touching, Skye spoke, hoping to bring his mind from his worries and back to the present.

"Are you sure about this?" she whispered.

Yukiko, perhaps moreso than Quasak because of their stronger mind link, found herself distancing her mind from Skye's more diffecult, but attainable. The dragon returned to her smaller size, choosing a tree branch on which to take a nap. The link, not completely severed, was distant enough at least to give Skye some privacy. She looked over at Quasak.

They'll be alright...? she said hopefully to him, a little concerned.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • 'If one or the other does not push the other too far too fast, I would say they'll be safe,' Quasak replied. He, himself, wasn't sure of whether Alvender knew what he was doing after such a turbulance, although there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he loved the girl.

* * *​

Alvender leaned back against the arm of the sofa, so that Skye was resting gently on him. He seemed to actually consider what she said. Seemed to consider the warnings still flashing in his head, and seemed to consider their own relationship. Finally, he shook his head from side to side slowly and said, "There are a lot of things I'm not sure about."

Alvender then looked into Skye's eyes, seeming lost in them and then said, "But I've never been more sure about..." he let the sentence slip as he hugged Skye tighter in his embrace and let his lips meet hers once again.

He found a calm there, a calm that it seemed he had been waiting for his whole life; in the arms of Skye, wrapped tightly, he felt secure, like nothing could tear them apart, not even the most vile creature. A wave a relaxation clensed his body of the warnings, and the doubts; his fingers slowly tracing Skye's spine back and forth, carressing her back as his fingers guided.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Yukiko snapped to conciousness as she felt a foreign presence entering her mind. It was Lucas. She rose her defenses immediately, leaping out of the tree, and linking herself securely with Skye. With a snarl, she glided through the air, searching for Lucas throught he coridoors of the academy. His mind pressed hers...threatening to break their link. Yukiko sent his mind a massive blow of her own energy, knocking his thoughts away.

He only came back with a shove of his own.

Quasak! Yukiko's mind screamed desperately. She knew that Skye could not get there fast enough. Her only hope was the other dragon.

Reaching the door behind which Lucas resided, Yukiko grew to the size of a large bear, and broke the door down, glaring menacingly down at Lucas, who appeared quite suprised. Yukiko, always a very quiet and passive dragon, let out an incredibly frightening roar, her voice shaking the walls of the room and hallway, her rage very apparent in the muscles rippling beneath her fur, which stood on end from head to tail.

Lucas called his staff to him, but before he could do anything, Yukiko leapt foward in a swift, powerful movement, growing further in size, and pinning him beneath one of her massive, dangerous paws. Her teeth, hardly ever visible beneath the fur that covered her face, were bared, her fangs very prominent, and gleaming white.

"Yukiko!?" Skye, whose sudden shock from the dragon sent her flying onto the floor. Her once relazed state became one of tension once again, her eyes alert and afraid.

Stay put... Yukiko warned her. I've got it under control. He will not harm us...though... Skye detected a hint of amusement in her voice. You may soon be without an instructor.

Skye picked herself up off the floor, shaking. She had felt the blow to their mind that Lucas had thrown. Her breathing ragged, tears coming to her eyes, she leaned on the table for support.

"Alvender....we're not safe here anymore....we have to leave this place," she squeaked. "If she lets Lucas go free, he'll report us to the authorities. If Yukiko...kills him...they'll know what it was. We have to get out of here..."

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Alvender's blades, his trusty scimitar/broadsword combination, flashed to his hands on his command. Quasak had filled him in as he rushed to the aid of Yukiko. "We stay put," Alvender said grimly, a bit of frustrated that Lucas seemed to ruin the only pleasant moment of his existance. "If Lucas is killed, they can only blame Lucas for his stupidity in challenging and agitating a dragon."

"If Yukiko let's him go free, Lucas will only seem the fool for challenging and agitating a dragon," Alvender reasonably. "However, if we're seen fleeing the scene or becoming involved, Lucas will easily have evidence to throw us both in jail and executed. If he dies, it'll look like we took part in the killing," Alvender added, noticeably not making a move to sit down or put his weapons away.

"We stay here, pretend like nothing happened, like we had no knowledge of what happened. I'm not liking the idea of not being prepared incase Lucas comes after us, though!" Alvender said hitting his weapons together and sitting on the couch, apparently now on edge, completely and utterly waiting for a fight. He shut his eyes in deep meditation, mentally preparing for anything that was to suddenly happen.

* * *​

'Kill him,' Quasak said flatly as he entered the same room as Yukiko and Lucas. He had to transform into his human form to fit in the tight corridors. Knowing that Lucas couldn't know what he was saying to Yukiko, since he mastered the art of linking two minds without interferance, he made no move to advance or threaten either of them. He was not happy about the decision that needed to be made here, despite his disdain for Lucas, he didn't not want him killed, but in order for him to stop probing Yukiko's mind, Lucas would have to be slain.

'Or I will,' Quasak added, his voice serious, and his eyes showing that he hated the decision. A sword, a smooth curved blade, his favored sword, the scimitar (which is a reason why Alvender has one), appeared in his hand. Gripping it tightly, preparing to kill the mage if Yukiko proved she couldn't do it.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye slumped to her knees on the floor, feeling fully and completely Yukiko's battle within herself over killing Lucas. The dragon sought Skye's imput, but the girl found herself too troubled and weak to offer any thoughts. Skye looked over at Alvender, who was in meditation, and sighed, her indigo eyes full of tears. She felt small and helpless.

I...cannot do it... Yukiko admitted. She did not relinquish her hold on Lucas, who was now gaining enough breath to protest his capture. Yukiko looked over at Quasak with a deep regret, a deep sorrow in her eyes. Even if Skye wasn't emotionally unstable right now I don't think I could do it...Please, Quasak...

The dragon looked at Quasak with pleading eyes. Young in years, at least in dragon standards, she had never taken another life. Her great, pink, clawed paw held Lucas firmly. She did not let him move.

I am a coward, she admitted.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • 'No, Yukiko. You are young,' Quasak corrected, he was indeed older than Yukiko, and living as a 'wild dragon' he had slain may would-be-heroes doing what dragons naturally do. Quasak then twirled his scimitar threatening at Lucas. 'One must do it. No choice. If this one lives, he'll destroy both you and Skye, then come after myself and Alvender. I can't allow that,' Quasak said, sharing the same look in his own eyes as Yukiko had in hers.

He knew what his heart said, and he knew what his mind was telling him. Though he was going against all that he stood for, there was no other way. 'Step aside, Yukiko,' Quasak ordered in the softest and most gentle tone he could offer her under the circumstances. He sympathized completely with the younger dragon, but he also knew what had to be done.

Looking directly into Lucas' eyes, Quasak shattered the defenses of the human, crushed every barrior with relative ease as he made his way into the mage's mind. Quasak was determined that this man would hurt no one. And not even this mage could stand up to the elder dragon's mind blowing telepathic powers. Breaking through all barriers, Quasak proceeded to quickly paralyze the man's brain so when Yukiko let go, Lucas would not be able to escape.

* * *​

Alvender swiftly went to the floor and wrapped Skye protectively like he was shielding her from a nasty spell. "Shh..." Alvender whipsered as he tried his hardest to put up his own barrier around Skye's mind, knowing she was extrasensitive to death. He was determined as Quasak to do everything in his power to protect Skye from what was about to happen.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • The dragon stepped back, her size waning, until she was about as big as a large dog. She looked up at Quasak, her muscles tense, her eyes sorrowful. She could not look at Lucas.

I cannot be here when it is done....Skye will suffer enough as it is, she told Quasak in a sort of rising tone, as if asking his permission to leave.

Skye felt Lucas' mind shattering, his defenses torn down and destroyed one by one. The mental anguish he experienced drew Skye to tears. She held onto Alvender tightly, her knuckes turning white, her eyes shut tight against the enevitable. She waited, bracing herself for the pain that she knew would come. As tightly as she held onto Alvender, so did she with Yukiko's presence, her heart hammering hard against her chest.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • 'Go,' Quasak said, his voice wavering emmensely like he was thinking about what he was doing and seriously considering whether or not to kill this man. He was defenseless now, and Quasak could wipe his memory clean of anything and he would assume that it was Skye's and Alvender's first time back at the academy. Quasak shook his head, that wasn't an option, he would have to continually wipe away the mage's memory, soon Lucas would find out what Quasak was doing and find away to stop it.

* * *​

Alvender, who was still conjuring shield spells in some sort of attempt to protect Skye, but it didn't seem to be having any effect from the way Skye was reacting. Alvender felt helpless, he couldn't offer any words of comfort for the young woman in his arms, there was no comfort to give. Skye would have to get used to this sort of thing, whether it be defense, assassinations, or other planned covert operations. This was the reality of the world they lived in, and a world they were striving to change for the better.

* * *​

Quasak sheathed his sword, and sighed, looking over to Yukiko, 'There's a more humane way to do this. Less painful.'

Quasak at first had planned to run his sword through Lucas's heart or brain, to end it quickly with one quick burst of pain that would knock Yukiko and Skye out cold, instead of torturing the human, like most dragons would have preferred. Which would send short jabs of pain for a long period of time. Another method came to Quasak, he had complete control of Lucas's mind, he could just simple shut it off, quick and painless.

The next moment, Lucas's eyes closed and his breathing halted, not a screech of pain came exploding from the man's mind, it just simply shut down with the rest of his body.

'Better than the other options,' Quasak said solemnly to himself as he just stood there staring at the lifeless figure before him. It had indeed been painless and the most humane way to kill Lucas. Although he deserved far worse, deserved to be tortured, but Quasak, in the end, couldn't bring himself to do it.

He then carried the body out of the academy, growing to his full dragon form. Laying the body down on the ground in a nearby clearing in a nearby forest, so it wouldn't attract any attention, Quasak prepared to cremate the body.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye let out a breath, and to her suprise, Lucas' presence completely vanished in one quick, quiet, and painless moment. She opened her eyes, and looked up at Alvender, her entire body melting into relaxation. She smiled.

"Remind me to thank Quasak the next time I see him," she said, and settled into his arms.

Yukiko also breathed a sigh of relief, watching Quasak carry Lucas' body out of the academy. She followed behind curiously, in her small form, and hovered in the air beside Quasak.

It is in the nature of a dragon to be vengeful...Skye and I are both very grateful for what you did... Yukiko told him earnestly, looking up at him with her large blue eyes.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • 'It's also in a dragon's nature to be overprotective of treasure they hold dear,' Quasak laughed heartily, it's been a very long time since he's seen another dragon, a tamed one at least. 'Prehaps I shall share some tales when it's more appropriate,' Quasak added as he looked down at Lucas's body.

Taking a deep breath, Quasak quickly exhaled, bringing with it dragonfire. When the flames cleared, Lucas' body was no more. 'Alvender's sister will cover with a story,' Quasak said, second guessing Yukiko's thoughts, knowing that she would probably want to know how they were going to get away with the assassination. He aslo realized that Yukiko probably forgot that Alvender's sister was on their side, although would remain at the academy, prefering the quiet life it offered.

* * *​

"He's a very wise creature, just now hitting his prime in dragon years," Alvender replied softly. "I'm sure he won't let you forget to thank him," Alvender added chuckling just as soft as his own voice. Alvender kissed her forehead again and ran his hand through her hair as she settled into his arms.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • I'd like to hear them, Yukiko said quietly, watching the flames do their work. She landed on the grass and watched quietly, an odd feeling of contentment resting over her.

Skye found herself a lot more tired than she had hoped or intended, her eyelids slowly drooping. She was pleased to feel that Yukiko was also at ease. Resting her head on Alvender's shoulder, she promised herself she would close her eyes for only a moment, but as soon as she did, she was fast asleep, her breathing soft and even.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Some aren't pretty, others are tales of glory never heard of since the heroes of legends long lost to the ages! Quasak said, a swell of pride in his words as he walked out of the forest and into a clearing.

I shall be happy to share whenever you feel you have time, Quasak said as he sat down, looking at nothing in particular, making sure that no one was alert to what just went on.

* * *​

Alvender scooped Skye in his arms and preceeded to lay her on the couch. "Rest well," Alvender whispered as he gentle let her go, and went about tiding up his accommedations after what happened the night before. He felt an inner peace capture him as he went around cleaning up the mess left by Agatha. They had two days left, but this was the finest day of his life, and he hoped that even finer followed before they were forced to fight.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Apparently, Skye has no intention of leaving Alvender this day, Yukiko chuckled. She's fast asleep, so I have nowhere to be in a hurry. Unless you are feeling tired. I understand.

The dragon, who had followed him to the clearing, set down gently beside him. Much younger than Quasak, she was naturally incredibly curious about what the older dragon had to say.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Some aren't pretty, others are tales of glory never heard of since the heroes of legends long lost to the ages! Quasak said, a swell of pride in his words as he walked out of the forest and into a clearing.

I shall be happy to share whenever you feel you have time, Quasak said as he sat down, looking at nothing in particular, making sure that no one was alert to what just went on.

* * *​

Alvender scooped Skye in his arms and preceeded to lay her on the couch. "Rest well," Alvender whispered as he gentle let her go, and went about tiding up his accommedations after what happened the night before. He felt an inner peace capture him as he went around cleaning up the mess left by Agatha. They had two days left, but this was the finest day of his life, and he hoped that even finer followed before they were forced to fight.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Hmmm...strange...in any case...this was my last post in case it's not showing up:

IC:
    Apparently, Skye has no intention of leaving Alvender this day, Yukiko chuckled. She's fast asleep, so I have nowhere to be in a hurry. Unless you are feeling tired. I understand.

The dragon, who had followed him to the clearing, set down gently beside him. Much younger than Quasak, she was naturally incredibly curious about what the older dragon had to say.

OOC: Shall we take it from there then? :)

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: OH! now I see what you mean! Sorry I was having comp troubles when I first posted it and then I had to go when it was still loading the post, so I thought it didn't save my reply. So when I saw you still were the last one to reply, I thought it hadn't saved, so I reposted it without looking over at what you last said...

Honestly...I can be such a newb...

IC: Before I met Alvender, when he was just a babe, I lived in a mountain range in a far away land. I had some many treasures, so many riches, it would make a dwarf of the riches city jealous! Quasak started fondly, seeming to pur at the riches he once possessed. No one, not even the heroes of the legends often talked about could retrieve my treasures. I was truly feared. I had several large cities under my control, forced them to pay heavy taxes or I'd blow them away with one breath. Many tried to smite me, but they ended up on the wrong side of my dragonbreath, dead in an instant. Others I tricked into coming, by transforming into a human, killed them man to man, so to speak. Chopped every body part off one man I remember inparticular. Alvender continued and a jolly voice, like he was a drunken dwarf telling tales of long past wars. He then rambled off some names of heroes he had killed and cities he destroyed.

Then I met Alvender's parents. A strong bunch, those two. Alvender's mother had paralyzed me with the strongest spell I ever had the pleasure of being under. Then his father came in for the kill, got to close, and I broke the spell, almost killing him. They had Alvender at the time, on the road on another adventure when he was born I suspect. Almost killed him as well, Quasak said recounting the epic battle he had with Alvender's parents, making any one wonder how he turned to the just side, and became Alvender's partner.

* * *​

When he had finished cleaning the closet, the one Agatha came out of, he yawned, exhausted from all that had happened. Alvender decided to rest at Skye's side, the couch was more than big enough to hold both of them side by side. Not wanting to wake her, Alvender turned his back to her, so that he wouldn't accidentally nudge her, and started staring out his window, waiting for sleep to take him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back