• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Warriors/Wizards Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • So you're with Alvender conditionally then? Yukiko asked him innocently. Had they managed to force you into it? But you broke the spell that held you....ah I'm confused...

The dragon chuckled in spite of herself, and found herself wishing for the first time in her life, that she was a shape shifter, that she could sit before Quasak as a human and speak to him normally. She felt oddly insignifficant sitting on the grass next to him, but held her peace, still very genuinely interested in his storytelling. It had been so long since she had heard tales of adventure...

Skye felt a warmth at her side as she slept, and found her eyes slowly opening. She turned to see Alvender next to her, his back to her. Now somewhat awake, after sleeping for nearly half an hour, she reached over and touched his shoulder, propping herself up on her elbow.

"Would you rather I left?" she asked him. "I don't want to overstay my welcome..."

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • "Huh?" Alvender said, forcing himself to wake up. When his mind caught up with his body, he turned around to face her, only a few centimeters from her own body. Alvender chuckled to himself, "If I wanted you out, would I be sleeping beside you?"

Alvender smiled warmly, feeling completely comfortable laying beside her. Kissing her lightly on the lips, Alvender said as he rose to his feet, stretching his weariness away, "We have lot's to talk about! We can't just be sitting our lazy butts on the couch, wanting to sleep the rest of our days!" Alvender said this as much to Skye as to himself, trying to get himself to wake up. Alvender then plopped down on the couch again, this time giving her space to sit beside him if she so choosed.

* * *​

Still in his dragon form, which he felt most comfortable in, Quasak chuckled to himself, No, I had been in the cave waiting for my master, partners in arms I like to call it. And right before I went to eat the babe, I looked into his eyes. Those eyes are powerful, ye have to be noticin'! From there on, I knew this was who I was to call my person. This was the babe who was destined to be a dragonrider. Although he fancies himself a ladiesman, right about now. If ye be readin' into Skye's thoughts, and be watchin' Alvender.

Anyway, he is not old enough to fully understand what lies ahead of him. So I flew off, from my domain, letting Alvender's parents to my loot. Explaining about the babe and I. Alvender grew quickly, and I was by his side, at least in his mind. His parents tried hard to not let me near him for fear I would destroy them all. Then the attack on his village came, and by the time I got there, the village was gone, and no one survived, or so I thought!

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Talk about..." Skye repeated, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. She ran her hand through her short hair, and folded her hands in her lap. She looked over at Alvender. "Well...Yukiko's learning quite a bit about your past right now...."

She chuckled.

"What would you like to talk about?"

But his sister survived... Yukiko said. And now they're both here. That's quite a unique experience I have to say....very different from how I came to be with Skye.

She regarded him with her cool blue eyes once more. She straightened up a little.

If you are interested in knowing.... she prompted. It is quite a strange tale.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • My curiousity and hunger for a good tale rivals that of any dwarf! he boasted proudly and then looked over to Yukiko, and added, Tell away, my ears, or mind in that case, is on you!

* * *​

Alvender nodded and grinned, "He has a big mouth."

He then thought a minute and then added, "How about I tell him the real version of this tale he's been tailing Yukiko? Dragons, especially older ones, have a way of stretching the truth to make it more interesting."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Yukiko drew herself up, and began her tale:

I am not a creature from this land natively. There is nothing of my kind here, and I am not sure where my kind are from. In any case, I have been linked to Skye's spirit because I am her spirit. Our cause is a unique one.

I am still quite young for a dragon, but Skye did not come into this world until much human time had passed. However, our bond is...unique. There is a place where all the souls are kept...new ones, old ones that have been within flesh many times...and for some reason, our souls were once one soul. It was split somehow, and someday perhaps we will understand why that happened. It is an odd situation for me as a dragon. Dragons tend to be much less dependant on their human counterpart if they even have one. But I have always needed her as much as she has me. We comeplete each other.

We are both of a very new, pure spirit, though not without its flaws. Skye has the quick temper while I possess calm and serenity. We both, however, are of such purity that we are very in tune with the workings of the souls around us, which is why Skye and I share this "gift," our ability to feel others' emotions, particularly pain.

This girl...when she was born...when she came into this world, I knew she would bring peace from the great pain she experienced. I came to her when she was born, in my smallest form, and oddly enough, her parents were much more understanding than I had anticipated. Whatever power had sent Skye's soul to her body made sure that her guardians were aware of such a connection.

Yukiko was lying in the grass, her eyes far away and dream like.

It is an odd existance, but one I am honred to live,
    she told Quasak. I hope that we can accomplish what we were sent here to do...

"oh, do tell," Skye smiled. She chuckled as Yukiko's voice ran through her mind. "It seems Yukiko's decided to share as well..."

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • "She's not as old, so I don't expect she's stretching the truth," Alvender laughed. "Anyway, what Quasak said about his treasure was true enough, how he describe him and the things he did are all true. He didn't try to eat me, he didn't defend himself against my parents, or he wouldn't have been here."

"When dragon's are born, they're born with a human companion, either born, about to be born, or centuries down the road. When I was born, he eagerly and foolishly rushed out to meet me. He was alittle older than Yukiko in fact, so such naive and foolish actions are to be expected. He quickly befriended my parents and helped them against the evil that had grown in my own land. I am not native to this land, in fact, but that is a different tale, I may be willing to share it after I get the record straight. They were the saviors of the races there, and with Quasak's help vanquished the evil. Quasak than became my guardian and was out on a hunt for food when my village was attacked and destroyed."

"After that, I don't know what he did with himself," Alvender finished, grinning as he heard Quasak grumble insults in his mind directed towards Alvender.

* * *​

A splendid tale! Quasak boomed. That explains alot of questions I've been wanting to ask you!

Quasak then grumbled as he heard Alvender tell his version of the same story to Skye. Stupid human...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Ah, now I understand," Skye said, smiling. "And no, Yukiko couldn't lie to save her life."

She chuckled at that, and leaned against Alvender, resting her head on his shoulder. It was incredible to think that she could be so calm and collected when she knew what was coming in the next few days.

Yukiko chuckled at Quasak. She settled down into the grass lazily, and watched the dark sky.

I suppose everything will be quite different after the next few days have passed... she said quietly, watching the stars. I don't know if I will ever look upon this sky with the same eyes again.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Alvender looked down to examine himself for the first time since he arrived at the academy that morning. He was still topless, his robes were now gone, and his pants were now shredded to shorts. Scars still covered his body from the tortures he suffered at the hands of Agatha. Alvender looked a bit odd for an elf since he was muscled beyond what a normal elf would be, since he was forced into slavery when his village was burned. Alvender just shrugged off the feeling to sudden change into something that seemed more civilized, but when he thought about what was to come, he realized that he better get used to looking like this.

Alvender chuckled at the comment she made about Yukiko, and then took a sigh of relief when she put her head on his shoulders. For the first time in his life, as far as he can remember, he was content, sincerely and utterly content with the present. With the future promising dangers and adventures beyond his wildest dreams, what wasn't there to be content about? Everything he ever wished to accomplish was right there in that very room: love, comfort, a sense of belonging, and serenity.

"Humans are a funny race," Alvender said softly, as if talking to himself. "They have to potential to be the greatest threat to the world, and the potential to be the greatest saviors of the world, all in their short existance. They accomplish more in their few decades of life that no elf or dwarf can accomplish in their centuries of life."

* * *​

You can never tell what the future may bring, and how you may view things from moment to moment. There would be no sense of living. And besides, once this is all done with you may once again very the heavens as you do now, Quasak said as he laid beside the young dragon.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "We really are," Skye agreed, "quite a strange race..."

She trailed off, staring into space. If it weren't for her call to duty in three days' time, she could have stayed there forever, quite contented.

"Someday," she said quietly out of the blue, "when this is all over and done with, I'll open my own academy for the magic arts. I think I would enjoy being a teacher."

She left it at that, allowing the serenity in the room to fill her up.

Yukiko shifted her weight to look at Quasak as he lay beside her, her fur blowing gently in the breeze of the evening. She wondered fleetingly if she would live to become so wise. Filled with the serenity that filled her human half, she closed her bright blue eyes, and drifted into sleep...

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • "And maybe I'll open a knight academy right beside you, one day," Alvender replied softly, still seemingly talking to himself. Then a haunting thought consumed his mind. He'd live centuries after she died, still looking as youthful as he did now; he'd watch her grow old right before his very eyes. Perhaps this is why elves often stayed within their race, not wanting to deal with the pain of falling in love with a shorter lived race; Alvender mused. How many lovers would he have? He was certain that he would never do anything to hurt someone he loved, but after they passed away and would he remain widowed? Would he be drug down by the depression that naturally followed after ones death?

He shook those thoughts away, this was not the time to think of such things. He would deal with fate as fate delt with him.

The sun was now passed set, and darkness settled easily above, oblivious to the goings of the races or the two lovers below it. Lying down on the couch, Alvender laid there, content with just gazing up at Skye. Alvender chuckled at himself, it seemed an annoyance to him, that sleep should come to him at his more peaceful and pleasant moment of his life. He fought hard to sustain himself, trying not to fall asleep with Skye still sitting there.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • She smiled at his comment, but sensed a strain of doubt in his conciousness. She brushed it aside, deciding to lie beside him instead. Turning her head to him, she kissed his cheek softly, her indigo eyes deep with sleep, her smile like a footprint in the sand washed by waves.

"I love you," she whispered, snuggling up to him, and closing her eyes.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Alvender yawned his previous thoughts away, and looked over at Skye as she laid down beside him. He grinned, but the grin was short lived because sleep now rolled over him like a steam roller.

"I love you more," Alvender teased. He only meant to blink his eyes, but he found they didn't open again, and sleep took him before he could add onto what he said.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • The next morning, Skye woke feeling quite as content as she had when she had fallen asleep. She looked over at Alvender, and smiled. Any thoughts of the impending mission were lifted from her. She refused to think about it until she had to. For now, she wanted to live in the moment.

The night before, she had shed her heavy wizzarding robes in favor of the light tunic beneath. The deep blue of her shirt contrasted sharply with the bright indigo of her eyes, and her wide-legged pants were creased with sleep. She lay her hand on Alvender's shoulder, her voice breaking the silence gently, as though testing water before swimming.

"Morning..."

Yukiko, who had fallen asleep gazing at the stars, woke at the same time as Skye, alerted to the girl's conciousness through their mind link. The furry white dragon, rose to her feet, taking in the light of the dawn, her large blue eyes glowing warmly, still clouded with sleep.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • "Good morning, milady," Alvender said, feeling exactly the same as Skye. Alvender seemed a bit flustered, somehow Alvender had his arm closest to Skye wrapped around her waist, and the other one laying gently on her stomach. Blushing a bit, Alvender found that, try as he might, he didn't move, and had to admit, he really didn't want to move. "Er...sorry..." Alvender muttered awkwardly.

OOC: Sorry for the short post! It's all I could think of right now! *smashes head off keyboard*

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "For what?" she asked pleasantly, stretching. Her back arched gracefully as she reached her arms and legs in opposite directions. She finally relaxed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, feeling the reality of conciousness slowly wash over her body.

She looked over at Alvender once more, trying to convince herself to get up and go about her day, but she couldn't even if she had wanted to.

"So we have two days left..." she said sofly. "It's almost like we have two days left to live...everything is going to change so abruptly after these days are over. What to do to make the best of them...?"

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • "I have a few ideas," Alvender said slyly, with a little wink to follow it. Unlike Skye, Alvender couldn't wait for their adventure to start, and for them to finally fight a battle worth winning.

OOC: Sorry for the short post yet again...don't know quite what to do with the question Skye asked Alvender. My mind seems to be a bit more spunky than normally... XD

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye nodded, smiling, and led the way out of the room. Her robes swirled majestically about her feet as she turned back to look at Alvender. Threading her arm through his, she smiled up at him, the brightness in her indigo eyes returning.

Yukiko, meanwhile, still perched atop Quasak's shoulder, watched the pair exit with a look of quiet stillness upon her face.

It is odd, this feeling, she said to Quasak. I know it is impossible for this to be, but it feels as though I have been forgotten.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • That's not neccessarily a bad thing, Quasak responded. Skye needs a lot of time to herself, to sort out some stuff that you can't help with.

Walking out of the room, with Yukiko still on his shoulder Quasak said teasingly with a goofy grin, Besides I haven't forgotten about you...yet at least.

* * *​

Alvender sighed as he listened to Quasak, his voice echoing in his mind. "He's such a stupid dragon..." Alvender sighed helplessly before he smiled over at Skye, allowing her to lead him to the meal hall.

"It's been awhile since I last ate. I haven't had anything in my stomach since the night before last," Alvender said as his stomach literally gave a loud rumble that he could have sworn echoed through the hallway.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Yukiko responded to Quasak's remark with silence, but a contemplative one, and a twinge of amusement hung on his last comment. She relaxed on his shoulders, allowing him to carry her wherever it was he was headed.

Skye's chuckle echoed through the halls with a light brilliance. She was feeling very much her usual self once again, and looked foward to being reuinited with their friends.

Upon entering the meal hall, she chose a seat at an empty table. It was very quiet in the hall that day. She guessed most of the students were still out and about.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Sitting down with Skye, Alvender couldn't be more at peace with himself, or more happy to be alive. "Seems everyone is out minding their own business..." Alvender observed from the empty seats.

"Do you think my sister did her job right?" Alvender whispered so that, if anybody was lingering around, no one could here him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back