• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • I think the people that want to jump straight into Gen 7 are going to be in for a big disappointment. Zygarde hype has been getting slapped in our faces since the middle of last year, and it's clearly a Pokemon that belongs to Kalos and is clearly related to Xerneas and Yveltal somehow.

Whether X/Y is "good enough" or not to warrant a return to Kalos is only subjective; there are ways for a hypothetical 3rd version(and sequels in the case of Gen 5) to fix problems introduced in their paired versions. The best examples I can think of are Emerald, Platinum, and BW2. They all added extra features, exploration and Dex expansions, and revamped storylines that their previous dual-versions didn't. But in the end, whether people like those upgrades or not is all subjective too.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I preferred XY over every game. You say the story doesn't matter, but it does to a lot of people. XY is probably one of the best storylines. Being as dark as it is. I loved all the characters and everything. I didn't mind the routes being straight. It certainly better than having extremely long routes which I have always hated.

I think you mean you like the lore. The story itself is your usual mediocre "get gym badges and stop generic evil team from doing something bad" and suffers from pacing issues, shocking swerves, and just not being thought out well. The lore on the other hand is easily the best part of the game. An ancient war? Pokemon actually die in it? It had kings in it, including one so outraged by the death of his Pokemon he took it upon himself to end the war via any means necessary? My god! This is freaking awesome!

At no point in history has a war been covered to that extent in a Pokemon game. It's easily one of the biggest glimpses of the past we've seen in Pokemon history, and it's being told by someone who lived while it happened. If they had focused the story around that bit of lore instead of just having Lysandre use a relic from that time it would have been a lot better.

As for the routes, people like it when there's secrets to be found. You can still have straightforward routes with locked off areas that can be explored later. The problem is X and Y don't have routes like that; they have small, linear routes that don't have anything to find in them. You know how Route 1 is usually a small but interesting route with grass in it? Route 1 here is a short path; not even worthy of being called a route. That might be because it's so urbanized, but even out of the way things like caves are linear with no secret areas or Pokemon. The only area that can be explored is Terminus Cave, and even it doesn't have that much in it aside from Zygarde. The towns don't have much either, in terms of character or places to visit. They're more like goalposts than true, actual towns with their own unique charm. I guess you could blame it on Kalos being very urbanized but Unova was too and it had a lot to explore.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think you mean you like the lore. The story itself is your usual mediocre "get gym badges and stop generic evil team from doing something bad" and suffers from pacing issues, shocking swerves, and just not being thought out well. The lore on the other hand is easily the best part of the game. An ancient war? Pokemon actually die in it? It had kings in it, including one so outraged by the death of his Pokemon he took it upon himself to end the war via any means necessary? My god! This is freaking awesome!

At no point in history has a war been covered to that extent in a Pokemon game. It's easily one of the biggest glimpses of the past we've seen in Pokemon history, and it's being told by someone who lived while it happened. If they had focused the story around that bit of lore instead of just having Lysandre use a relic from that time it would have been a lot better.

As for the routes, people like it when there's secrets to be found. You can still have straightforward routes with locked off areas that can be explored later. The problem is X and Y don't have routes like that; they have small, linear routes that don't have anything to find in them. You know how Route 1 is usually a small but interesting route with grass in it? Route 1 here is a short path; not even worthy of being called a route. That might be because it's so urbanized, but even out of the way things like caves are linear with no secret areas or Pokemon. The only area that can be explored is Terminus Cave, and even it doesn't have that much in it aside from Zygarde. The towns don't have much either, in terms of character or places to visit. They're more like goalposts than true, actual towns with their own unique charm. I guess you could blame it on Kalos being very urbanized but Unova was too and it had a lot to explore.

One of the things I liked about Johto and Hoenn was that I felt like there were areas that we could explore aside from the usual path. Like the Arch bike areas. I didn't get lost in Kalos except for once, compared to past generations.

Route 1 was pathetic...maybe post game Zygarde will restore it into a true route...

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    There's just so much evidence to support a "Pokemon Z" now, I'd find it hard for it not to be announced in the near future. We've got the Zygarde formes that were announced months ago, AZ's Floette that is still unexplained, the storyline of Volcanion which I'm convinced is linked to Lysandre and then obviously the new anime being titled "X, Y and Z."
    Third Version Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'd be really surprised if XY didn't get a Z, considering it would break the trend of two main games and then a sequel game/s. The trend that's been going on literally since the first gen with RBY.
    B2W2 are the only true sequels (excluding GSC to RGB). Actually this year will be the 20th anniversary of the first third version, (Japanese) Blue. If we get a fall release I see it coming out on that date. Fun fact, Blue was corocoro exclusive for the first few years.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    B2W2 are the only true sequels (excluding GSC to RGB). Actually this year will be the 20th anniversary of the first third version, (Japanese) Blue. If we get a fall release I see it coming out on that date. Fun fact, Blue was corocoro exclusive for the first few years.

1st image of Coro Coro just came out and it shows a silhouette of a new pokemon call Magiana .

Third Version Speculation

Last edited:
    Years
  • I JUST SAW THE NEWS ON SEREBII AND CAN I JUST SAY I'M EXCITED.

I'm going with Gen 6.5, though i know the Gen 6.5/Gen 7 debate will rage until confirmation of the next game. Which, fingers crossed, is on February 27th.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I JUST SAW THE NEWS ON SEREBII AND CAN I JUST SAY I'M EXCITED.

I'm going with Gen 6.5, though i know the Gen 6.5/Gen 7 debate will rage until confirmation of the next game. Which, fingers crossed, is on February 27th.

Or it could be a Legendary pokemon that wasn't revealed though hack like Perfect Zygarde!

Years
  • But they do like to change things up, and i have a feeling that the story for Pokemon Z would be entirely different to XY (see: anime).

Perfect Zygarde is a weird case i think, as it's not a pokemon that is in a constant state and only comes into being when 2+ cores join (as far as we know).

Agh i'm not sure, but i'm leaning away from Gen 7 because i think Gen 7 will come on the NX. They need to release one more game on the 3DS and rounding off Gen 6 would be the ideal way to go imo.

Years
  • Ok, now that i'm less excited and able to think more clearly, i think Magiana is a new Gen 7 pokemon, but won't necessarily appear in the final Gen 6 game. I remember before that a new pokemon from a different gen appeared before the current gen was finished. Could be wrong though.

Really think a final game announcement for Gen 6 is imminent though, so excited!! :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    They probably realized that they can't make a new generation on the NX till 2017, so they made another gen on the 3DS.

The gen on NX might be in 2018/19.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • I saw Magiana's silhouette (or however this is written) and I can say I'm really excited! I'm thinking that the theory of X2 Y2 is strengthened and we'll discover the second (Southern?) half of Kalos in the next game! This way, there won't be too few Pokemon to have been implemented in gen 6 and we can assume that since Xerneas and Yveltal rule the Northern Kalos part, Volcanion and Hoopa rule the Southern one, with Zygarde restoring peace by going Perfect!

Either that or we're getting Gen 7. I can't think of anything else at the moment, the hype is real and we're only two weeks away from the final revelation!

Back to Magiana, what do you think she (well maybe he too but I'm tending more to this pokemon being a female) will be? I think it's going to be another Fairy type, perhaps Fairy/Bug from that tail, being an ant Pokemon (maybe the counterpart for Durant?). Just assuming though, it could be the mightiest Dragon ever or the normal type nobody wanted :p What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well this could be the 7th Gen Pokemon that show up for the movie, just like they did with other movies.

Here's the whole page:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not going to rule out the possibility that Magiana is a gen 7 Pokémon, but just like how Game Freak did not include the ORAS Megas in the coding of XY--save for Mega Latios and Latias--it's just as likely that Magiana is another event Legendary who simply wasn't programmed into XY/ORAS. Until we learn more about the nature of the Pokémon, it will be impossible to say for sure.

On that note, my personal opinion is that if we were to skip "Pokémon Z," I would feel disappointed. Of course, I would be excited for any new game--I'll probably be here celebrating along with everyone else because, yay, a new Pokémon game, finally!--but... especially after playing through X again, I see now more than ever just how much potential XY had for some stellar characters and exemplary storytelling; the lore is already solid and presented elegantly and, if coupled with effective storytelling techniques and developed character arcs, could prove to be the best story Pokémon has had along with the gen 5 games. There is a lot of potential within XY, and I do think it's very possible (mainly because of just how unique Zygarde is in terms of altering its formes) to make the proper changes to the story and characters to make a third version that polishes the Kalos games to the point where they shine as bright as the Lumiose Tower--not to mention that Game Freak has had enough time to design and implement things such as battle facilities and extra routes and towns/cities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back