• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • Cyrus in Platinum not hard frustrating for some reason all my moves missed and all of his were critical hits it was rigged he used an AR

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • The oponent has ten hp left and one pokemon and somehow kills all of my team. This happened to me in diamond on Lucian's last pokemon. almost bit half of my stylus off.

also, in platinum, giratinas in a dust ball, and the ball wiggled three times, and i can almost see the stars when it pops out. tried for a feww hours more, and then ran out of patience and threw my master ball at it. I regretted it in the long run...

every time a move misses, and i yell at the screen, "WTH, YOUR SINGING AT IT, HOW DO YOU MISS!!!"

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I was in the battle hall, with a 27 win streak, and a sceptile out speeded me an used leaf storm. So down I went. When I use blizzard and it misses, how can a huge wind miss ffs?!?!? Also, I did iron island, and forgetting I had an egg already, because it doesn't show on the pokemon centre, I have to leave Riley in the basement. And I spent roughly 30k on balls to catch scyther. And didn't catch it.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • When I saw a shiny grass shake when I was chaining. The patch was two above me. So I walked that way, and the patch right above me shook, so I ended up breaking my chain and not getting a shiny.

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
  • Getting the Confused message "it hurt itself in it's confusion" or having the ball shake 3 times just to have it escape at the end. I still hold Down+ B+ A when i throw a pokeball

Years
  • -When any opponent uses Full Restore
    -When a strong attack like Hyber Beam misses. I know it's supposed to have low accuracy but it's still annoying . . =P
    -When the opponent uses the same attack over and over again . . even though I do that too
    -Any time I encounter Bronzor >_>
    -When you encounter a pointless wild Pokemon every 2 seconds and I don't like to buy Repels
    -^^When the above situations happen and the wild Pokemon won't let you escape
    -When an opponent puts me to sleep, then I use my turn using an awakening potion, then the next turn they put me to sleep AGAIN

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • when you get into battles with annoying pokemon (bronzor at low levels) and feel like they were just put there to make you break your cart.
    HAXXY fog battles.
    When you feel the odds are stacked against you when confused or Acc reduced even though theyre not.

Seeing the it hurt itself in confusion message 5 times in a row.

seeing a big wave of water MISS the enemy

seeing a THUNDERSTORm miss an enemy

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    When I first got Diamond and played no stop for a few hours. My DS ran out of power just as it got to "Do not turn off...". had to do the whooooooole lot again.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Currently I'm quite frustrated by the amount of training that has to be done on Iron Island. Already trained 3 pokemon from Lv1 to ~Lv40 these days and exp.share is killing me x_x

Dialga911

32 badge trainer
    Years
  • Getting killed on the battle right before the Frontier brain
    When Darkrai uses Dark void
    When you get 20 eggs and none are shiny, or have the correct IV's
    Any NPC who uses Gyarados

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    when i had a growlith lv like 20 while battling a togepi lv 18 and togepi was with only 1 hp and all of sudden it used metrenome and it had to use hydro cannon and hit me and it killed growlith i was almost about to throw my ds
    and sometims when both opponent and your pokemon are confused and opponents pokemon always hits and your always gets hit by confusion

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • When I leveled up a few pokemon to lvl 100. Only to learn about EV's and Natures a couple weeks after. And then when I think i've EV trained my Gengar properly and raise it to level 100, I find out a few days later that I had missed quite a few ev's in it's special attack and speed stats

At least NOW I know how to do a proper EV spread. But now I have to REbreed a Gengar and an Alakazam to get the right nature, and figure out what other 3 pokes are gonna be on my team :(

There's been times that I laugh at the game though, like when a wild pokemon or even a NPC uses Roost or Recover when they have full health. Or when the enemy paralyzed my pokemon, yet it uses thunder wave the next turn anyway :D

Also when Professor Rowan asks if he can rest at your Mansion in Platinum for a while, and ends up staying there for days, saying the same darn thing over and over again.
    GET OUT OF MY FREAKIN HOUSE!

Last edited:
    Back