• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Those 'Throw your GBC at the TV' moments.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
Years
  • We all know what these are. -rolls eyes-

Mine was probably when I went through the whole glitch to catch Mew, finally caught it after like thirty PokéBalls, and then my game ran out of power. :X

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
  • When I got to snorlax in C to the first time....

At the time I didn't know what the story was about at all, as I was very young and didn't understand English... I learned it all through expimenting.

My sister said you needed to wake snorlax with a flute you got from a Cleffary doll or something, but my mother bought one for me and I couldn't complete it she said.

I started over again, as a girl to show my sister and called my acc ABCDEF, 5 minutes later a guy told me how I should get past snorlex. I broke one of my ac adaptors :').

Years
  • Okay.....I'll try to remain calm while telling my story (so I don't throw the computer XD)

I had Yellow version, right? I had just recently caught 150 pokemon (all except Mew, of course). I had, what I believed to be, the coolest pokemon in the game, all at LV 100, which included: Pikachu, Charizard, Zapdos, Dragonite, Mewtwo, and Gengar. I had never completed the pokedex before, nor had save file I was so proud of.

Here it comes. *cringes*

My friend's step-mother picked up the game. Of course, she has no idea that you can only have one save file at a time. Starts a new game, gets pikachu, and saves over my super awesome file, while I was in the kitchen. I pick up my game (which seemed to be exactly where I left it) to find my save file with a time of 00:03.

o_O WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?

She didn't know what she was doing/had done, so I never got in her face about it (but I really wanted to).

......It's all good. *twitches*

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • That was in My Monotype Challenge for RBY ...
    Well , I forgot abot the MissinnngNo. Glitch ... actually I didn't know about it *gets shy* .
    So I talked to that old guy , done some stuff and somehow arrived in Cinnanbar , kept surfing on the Right Side of the Isle and ooops frickin MissingNo. and as I tried a Pokeball on it , I accidentally used my Master Ball . And oops , u caught MIssing.No xD .
    Emulator stucks , gets back in *no savefile* .

I"LL KILL YOU MY EMULATOR !!! FRICKIN VBA GO F**K YOURSELF !

-calms down-

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I remember beating Crystal and getting the Pokedex complete up to about maybe 3 or 4 Pokemon, then I turn the game on one day and the internal clock was dead. My heart broke that day. I lost my favorite Pokemon I ever had as well. My first level 100 Meganium.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 1. Chansey hunting in the Safari Zone.

2. Running out of Pokeballs during the Bug Catching Contest in Silver.

3. Whitney. Miltank. Rollout. When I had Quilava and Pidgeotto and an underleveled Geodude.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • i beat the champion in gold and the gameboy ran out of power so i threw it at the tv and i got grounded coz i broke the screen:(

Years
  • I always recharged my batterys as soon as they started to get low, so never had problems with power outage, and i'm lucky my internal battery hasn't run dry yet.
    So, the most annoying things for me were by hax being against me, losing to seemingly overpowered bosses like Misty or Whitney, and catching rare pokemon, especially in Safari Zone

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    When I encountered my rival at the underground department store in silver. And his golbat used confuse ray, then bite repeatedly. I hurt myself from confusion 3 times in a row, and 4 times in a row I flinched from bite. I must have used 10 super potions and switched 3 pokemon out, each getting confused and flinching for 7+ turns.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Actually , I once SMASHED a Silver Cartridge in PIeces (I found that in my Garden and I didn't know whose was it .
    Ooops , my neighbor's ! He actually gopt me his GBC once , with a weird Game (Power Rangers ? Some thing stupid but..) . i kicked that one , threw it off my bed and then threw the Cart in the wall . OoOOPS !

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I was playing Crystal, or some generation 2 game, and I encounter a shiny Ditto, i trried catching it, but I ran out of Pokeballs, I did not throw my GBC, but I did get furious....

RegisteelX

Too many days to get lost
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    1. playing red
    2. finds missingno's
    3. save got screwed

lol i hate that

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2010
    Someone stole my Silver.
    Then the internal battery on my Gold died.
    Whitney's Miltank.

BrockObama

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    trying to get through the first cave in pokemon yellow with nothing but a pikachu.

i literally threw the gbc at the ground and jumped on it as hard as possible.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Overpowered E4 in RBY, IMO.... -.- lol

Also when I was like, 6 or 7 with Pokémon G/S, I was at my cousin's house. We were showing off our Pogeymanz for each other. Lv. 76 Feraligatr for me <3

The next day...

Your save file has been corrupted.

*beepbeepbeep*
    WHAT THE FU-
    B00000000000000000000000000000000M*@^#&*@#%^*@&#%*@#
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA*^@!#*&@%#

I was sad :(

Back