• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too many games to play, too little time to play them

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Do you ever feel like you have no time to play video games? Or at the very least, feel that you've had less time than usual to play them? What games are you itching to play but haven't had a chance to touch them yet?

Discuss, yo.

pkmin3033

I often feel like this, which results in me starting multiple games at once until I focus in on one...and then the rest go on the backlog, with this nagging feeling that I ought to be playing them. As I've gotten older I've had less time to play games as I've wanted to devote my leisure time to other things - foruming, writing, reading, etc - and yet the games I want to play keep on coming in an ever-increasing number...and I keep buying them. I know I'll get to them eventually - I platted Escha & Logy recently after putting it off for well over a year - but in the meantime I'm going to be complaining about not having the time for it. xD

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Did you mean: my life.

I often feel like this, which results in me starting multiple games at once until I focus in on one...and then the rest go on the backlog, with this nagging feeling that I ought to be playing them. As I've gotten older I've had less time to play games as I've wanted to devote my leisure time to other things - foruming, writing, reading, etc - and yet the games I want to play keep on coming in an ever-increasing number...and I keep buying them. I know I'll get to them eventually - I platted Escha & Logy recently after putting it off for well over a year - but in the meantime I'm going to be complaining about not having the time for it. xD

...I've never even heard of that game before haha. Let me guess: PlayStation game?

Years
    Similar to Meloetta, you, El Héroe Oscuro, have basically described my life recently.

I have an honest excuse for not having the time though. Between the commuting to work which takes about 4 hours a day along with 8 hour shifts, that leaves little time to myself and by the time I've arrived at home, I'm exhausted to pick up the controller. And while there are weekends, most of the them are spent driving to visit my boyfriend since we're in a long-distance relationship. Hopefully I'll have free time to play more frequently during my study terms even while working partially on the side.

Not to mention my hoarding tendencies when it comes to games so that helps little in decreasing the number of games on the backlog, haha. But they will all be finished, one day!

Yukari

Nope. I have waaaaaaay too much time on my hands anyway. :P

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    If I had a life, I would give it to you.

Too many games to play, too little time to play them

'Tis good in my book.

TY

The day has not enough hours for me to play a single video game, let alone more :(

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Nahh. I have way too much time now :p
    I just am not motivated to play many games right now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I actually made a list of games I have on my backlog and I filled the whole sheet without even listing absolutely everything I haven't touched. So I think that's all the info you need on that. lol

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I lost most of my time to play any sort of video game. Right now, I have a decent-sized backlog of games to get through, and the list doesn't include "open-ended" games that I miss playing like Fantasy Life, Minecraft, SimCity 4, and the Sims 2.

Really, I only play for a few minutes every day to try and get through my backlog as I watch videos to catch up on those. I'm hoping that soon I'll have some more time to play games, or at least have the time to pick up one of the four previously mentioned games that I miss.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeeep. Too many games, especially those that are rather long in the gameplay (Monster Hunter, Xenoblade...)

Right now I'm been switching between Xenoblade, MH, ORAS and Rumble. I've still got a bunch of LoZ games to play (WW, MM, ALbW), smaller titles (Shantae, Child of Light, Megaman, Fire Emblem titles [various]) and then other titles (Rayman game on Wi U, those WIi VC titles...). And later this year I'm interested in Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X, and MIght No 9 also comes out in September... whelp.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Ain't got time to play games? ....Yes. Yes x infinity. -cries- At least that's how it's been in recent months, anyway. Castlevania, Prince Of Persia, Spiderman, and Dragon Age are but some of the titles in my backlog that I want to burn a hole through come summer time. Can't wait!

Bay

Years
    I probably don't have a huge backlog like some others here, but yeah there are some games I want to play but real life often get in the way. Besides that, sometimes I'll be distracted by something else like internet surfing or watching television. I have some free time tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, though, so perhaps I'll see about burning through one of my Steam games.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Ugh. Yes. Too many games. I need more free time back.

I still haven't touched Far Cry 4. I'd like to play more of Dragon Age: Inquisition but I haven't had the time to put into it. I've got Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time that I haven't touched. I still want to get Xenoblade for N3DS but who knows if I'll have time to play that as much as I want.

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
    Usually play in the evening, and sometimes on the bus. I often play my newer games more. (Have played the 3DS games, daily since I got the system. While I'll play some earlier titles of the same series on the DS, haven't played the PSP very much at all.)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I have a bunch of old games that I never finished, various free games from PlayStation Plus that I need to try out, and a few that I bought on top of all that that I want to play, among which is Shovel Knight.

I have a lot to play and not enough time to do so, haha. I usually stick to playing games on the weekends, which doesn't leave me with enough time to complete all the games I want to.

Right now I'm playing The Last of Us Remastered (mostly Factions MP), Shovel Knight, Dying Light, BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (which I haven't touched in more than a few weeks), and then there's many other games I have to start/get back to after a long hiatus.

Back