• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • A new update is here. It's not even just a bugfix, though I did fix a couple. Only a couple, though. Wouldn't be surprised if I introduced a bunch of them considering what I added, though! More below in the spoiler because I ramble and I don't want to take up too much page space.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    I actually just started playing through this a week ago, so it's kinda cool that there's an update now. I'm finishing up Kanto now, just have the water routes and Cinnabar before last gym & Elite 4. I've updated my game to 5.0, so I'll let you know if I encounter any issues as I progress.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Nice to see you still updating this four years later. I gave it another play through and the only major bug I found was that the policeman wasn't blocking Cinnabar Volcano when I first arrived. He later moved into position after I returned from the Sevii Islands.

Here's my team after round 1 of the Elite 4: Reisen 57, Suwako 50, Wriggle 50, Youmu 49, Keine 48, Attack Reimu 47

Now onto the post game!

Attachments

• Hall of Fame 5-16-2020.png
      Hall of Fame 5-16-2020.png
      13.1 KB · Views: 8

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Nice to see you still updating this four years later. I gave it another play through and the only major bug I found was that the policeman wasn't blocking Cinnabar Volcano when I first arrived. He later moved into position after I returned from the Sevii Islands.

Here's my team after round 1 of the Elite 4: Reisen 57, Suwako 50, Wriggle 50, Youmu 49, Keine 48, Attack Reimu 47

Now onto the post game!

Ahahaha. Ha. Ha. Somehow I completely forgot to put him back while I was doing some testing for it.

Uploaded a fixed version. There shouldn't be any other changes in there.

Also, using this post to admit that I will likely also be editing a bunch of water encounters by the time next update hits as well (I'm sorry Cinfest). This along with making Mt. Silver closer to what it's like in HGSS (though not a 1 to 1 replica simply due to tiles and Gen 3 traversal mechanics) will likely be the next major update.

Perhaps all of these as well would have been better to do before releasing a "5.0". Maybe, maybe. But I've never exactly been smart about how I've done anything when it comes to releasing this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    A little request for the documentation, the type chart. I know you can find one in a Touhoumon wiki or whatever. I'm requesting for the sake of convenience, further enhancing the Docs link as a hub of important info.

Doughey

Aunn-Stoppable Komano
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2020
    Hello, Been playing this game for the past month or so. Thoroughly enjoyed it, i've been stuck a few times, one of the times i was doing the radio tower thing and the dude never gave the key for the goldenrod's store basement. so i had to WTW on it, idk if i might've missed something there but that was one of the issues I've brushed off
    Spoiler:

I could be missing something after the 8th Johto gym? something i might not remember that i should be doing after it?
    Spoiler:

i created this account just for this forum, and rarely use forums at all, so i apologize if i dont do something right and such when composing this message.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Hello, Been playing this game for the past month or so. Thoroughly enjoyed it, i've been stuck a few times, one of the times i was doing the radio tower thing and the dude never gave the key for the goldenrod's store basement. so i had to WTW on it, idk if i might've missed something there but that was one of the issues I've brushed off
    Spoiler:

I could be missing something after the 8th Johto gym? something i might not remember that i should be doing after it?
    Spoiler:

i created this account just for this forum, and rarely use forums at all, so i apologize if i dont do something right and such when composing this message.

Thank you for reporting this, I will attempt to fix these for 5.1. Though I will admit, the goldenrod event looks fine to me. The key might be not ACTUALLY be an item, but the eventing looks like it should be fine. I'll have to replay that part at some point. The shrine is going to be touched up on, definitely.

Except the Lorelei thing. You're not supposed to fight the Elite Four again yet, and will more likely change a couple things on four island to adjust. Talk to Oak after getting the Johto Badges item.

Also, for a minor status update, I have nerfed the first round Elite Four. After having seen someone face off against it, as well as the levels on the various save files I've had people submit to me for bug testing, I've noticed that it might be tuned a bit high.

I have also fixed Agatha's team, because apparently I didn't finish editing her and she has a bunch of illegal moves that make no sense. (Youmu with Bite? What? Huh?)

I've done all of the (non-Mt. Silver) Water spots now. Fishing rod encounters are going to suck, that's probably not going to change.

Mt. Silver is about 2/3 done. Probably a bit more than that, really. I only have one big map to go, and then redoing some of the wild encounters.

Last edited:

Onism

Compendia Synaisthima
    Years
  • I'm glad to see that the nerfs are happening. I'm glad you took the experience in so quickly

I look forward to seeing the next revision! I'm curious what happened to cause the illegal moves thing with Agatha - this is because I have no idea what goes into ROM hacking, so it comes across as weird to me due to lack of knowledge

Spoiler:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I'm glad to see that the nerfs are happening. I'm glad you took the experience in so quickly

I look forward to seeing the next revision! I'm curious what happened to cause the illegal moves thing with Agatha - this is because I have no idea what goes into ROM hacking, so it comes across as weird to me due to lack of knowledge

Spoiler:

As I said before, it wasn't JUST asprey's playthrough that did it, but it was probably the biggest push that happened to get it done. Who knows, maybe the second iteration isn't much easier, but I did try to take out a little bit of coverage, remove the items, take out the EVs, and push some of the power of some of the moves down. They remain in round 2 because round 2 is supposed to be hard.

Spoiler:

As a bonus, I'm probably also going to be reworking Johto's level curve a bit after Mt. Silver is done. The destination is going to be the same, but with some of the changes, there might not be as jank level curves in the endgame. But who really knows.

Spoiler:

Oh, and the Agatha thing was me forgetting to finish her. I probably went to eat and came back thinking I was done with editing her. I wasn't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I looked back at my notes of the Elite 4/Champion battles, mainly because I don't remember the details. It was incredibly difficult, though a lot of my victories came through setup sweeping and being overleveled. I'm used to that kind of strategy in other difficult hacks, so I didn't consider that the E4/Champion teams should be nerfed on the 1st round. I can see why that's done though. If anything it just means fewer attempts to beat them when I play this hack again.

Doughey

Aunn-Stoppable Komano
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2020
    oh and another thing i noticed:
    -
    Spoiler:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • SevenChurches said:
    I looked back at my notes of the Elite 4/Champion battles, mainly because I don't remember the details. It was incredibly difficult, though a lot of my victories came through setup sweeping and being overleveled. I'm used to that kind of strategy in other difficult hacks, so I didn't consider that the E4/Champion teams should be nerfed on the 1st round. I can see why that's done though. If anything it just means fewer attempts to beat them when I play this hack again.

Yeah, that's a little bit of a problem. Like I said, I'm not sure if I did a GOOD job nerfing it, but I did try to nerf it. Hopefully they will be not as jarringly difficult as they are currently.

oh and another thing i noticed:
    -
    Spoiler:

This is fixed. Ilex Forest Shrine is also finally fixed and slightly updated. I was shockingly lazy about fixing this one.

EDIT (6/6/2020): While this will likely be repeated when I post again (unless I forget), I have attempted to do something somewhat large. I've changed up Johto's level curve a bit.

I added 1 mon to just about every mook trainer in Johto and ran through it with a lucky egg over 6 mons. Whatever level I was at, I added +3 or +4 for the boss I was facing and truth be told, it ended up working out a little bit better than last time. (For transparency, I started with a party that was between 51 and 54 at the Elite Four)

I'd even say until near the very end, I didn't feel the need to grind at all, personally. Your Mileage May Vary, and I am the dev, so that might bias me, but it did feel better than the last draft where I felt I was flagging behind a bit starting around halfway in, with the same circumstances.

The beginning of Johto is higher level, but it all smooths out to about the same near the end. I'm also nerfing some of the endgame fights with the exception of the final boss by 3-4 levels, simply because there isn't an amazing grinding spot for most of it. I attempted to get the Vs Seeker to work, but unfortunately I could not make it work on Johto trainers no matter how hard I tried.

The new dungeons should help a little bit for lucky egg wild grinding if need be, but relying on that for 85 -> 90 and then from 92 -> 95 or so is a bit much.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    Question: Is the Ilex Forest Shrine event working? I got the golden beer, talked to all the nearby NPCs, and tried interacting with the text block where the shrine usually is and nothing is happening. I also tried to use the golden beer at the shrine location and tried interacting with the shrine from all sides and nothing works. At least the game isn't breaking though. Any information would help a lot! Thanks! :D

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Question: Is the Ilex Forest Shrine event working? I got the golden beer, talked to all the nearby NPCs, and tried interacting with the text block where the shrine usually is and nothing is happening. I also tried to use the golden beer at the shrine location and tried interacting with the shrine from all sides and nothing works. At least the game isn't breaking though. Any information would help a lot! Thanks! :D

In 5.0, and possibly every version beforehand, the Ilex forest event does not work. The script is all sorts of messed up. This has been fixed for the next version.

Also, for people who were expecting a status update from this post, all I can really say is check my last post. Still the last BIG thing I did. I guess I just plopped a new legendary event or something? Not the biggest news.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2020
    I have a question, I've already done the Kanto and Johto gym rematches except Giovanni,rematched the e4 and defeated Red. How do I enter Cinnabar Volcano?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • You may currently have to use Walk Through Walls. I messed up with the flag on the guard in front.

If you do not want to be stuck behind this, then do not progress beyond the Dragon's Den. Speaking to Oak triggers this.

There may be a release within the next few days, which will not only fix this, but will add new things to begin with. I wanted to get everything left in here before I go beg for help in the Launchpad, but given a few things, they will have to wait until 6.1.

The release date depends on when I have the time to get through post-Johto myself. I will say more when it gets released.

EDITED at 1:18 PM, 6/23/2020 for more clarification

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Is this a double post?

Yes!

Is there a reason?

Yes!

And that reason is...

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy this, and also another spoiler below for future plans if I get another giant burst of energy:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back