• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
  • Tapu Koko and Vikavolt are easily the ones I'm most excited about. I usually don't care much for the early game Bug-type, but Grubbin looks very promising when it evolves, not to mention Vikavolt gets a good ability on top of that. I also really like Tapu Koko's design. He's probably one of the most creative looking mon's we've seen in a long time imo. Can't wait to for more details later on! :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Tapu Koko - Love the design, concept and typing combination! If it isn't a legendary and can be caught fairly early on then I'll most definitely use it on my team. 9/10

Charjabug - Pretty simplistic design but certainly not the worst looking Bug Pokemon imo. 5/10

Vikavolt - Looks awesome and also has a nice typing combination. A great early Bug type that will definitely be on my first playthrough team. 8/10

Cutiefly - Not really a fan of the name and design just yet. I can see it will most probably get an evoluton which I'm intrigued to find out about. 4/10

Bruxish - Probably the one that has caused the most divide of the lot but I personally like it. The ability Dazzling sounds really interesting and it is a pretty colourful Pokemon. 6/10

Togedemaru - It looks cute and has a cool typing combination minus the x4 Ground weakness. I like how it has an additional typing rather than the majority of Electric Rodents only having the single type. 7/10

Drampa - My least favourite of this generation so far and I don't like the design at all. 1/10

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Am I the only one creeped out by the Electric Rodent?

Maybe it's my Trypophobia but I haven't hated a Pokémon this much since Glalie...

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • You know, once you get over the original shock that they would create the insanity that is Bruxish, it looks much better. Sure it has strange eyes and freaky teeth, but it's colorful designs and tail look well thought out and nice.

Still can't get over Charjabug, though.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Still can't get over Charjabug, though.

I really don't know why many people don't appreciate him. It's not actually supposed to be appreciated. Charjabug is the middle stage of the early bug-type Pokémon's evolution line. Just think about metapod, kakuna, cascoon, silcoon ...Do you think those were cool? XD Charjabug is not even "ugly", he is actualy cute :3 And just imagine what he ends up evolving to? Vikavolt, one of the best cool looking bug-types out there, at least that's my opinion. Plus, I think Charjabug will remain in that stage for a short time, because usually the early bug-type Pokémon evolve really fast!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I really don't know why many people don't appreciate him. It's not actually supposed to be appreciated. Charjabug is the middle stage of the early bug-type Pokémon's evolution line. Just think about metapod, kakuna, cascoon, silcoon ...Do you think those were cool? XD Charjabug is not even "ugly", he is actualy cute :3 And just imagine what he ends up evolving to? Vikavolt, one of the best cool looking bug-types out there, at least that's my opinion. Plus, I think Charjabug will remain in that stage for a short time, because usually the early bug-type Pokémon evolve really fast!

My younger sister also called it cute. When I first saw it it looked soulless to me. BTW I think Silicon is beautiful.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Charjabug will definitely take some for me to get used to it - but Vikavolt is sooo awesome! Also, not a fan of Buxish's look, although the ability is quite intriguing. That being said, it is very nice that GF explores the design space of abilities more this gen (Stakeout, Battery, Electric Surge).

Apart from the two above mentioned mon, I'm quite ok with the rest of them. And I sure hope Cutiefly will evolve, because right now I can't see for that little thing to have enough stats to be relevant.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I really don't know why many people don't appreciate him. It's not actually supposed to be appreciated. Charjabug is the middle stage of the early bug-type Pok?mon's evolution line. Just think about metapod, kakuna, cascoon, silcoon ...Do you think those were cool? XD Charjabug is not even "ugly", he is actualy cute :3 And just imagine what he ends up evolving to? Vikavolt, one of the best cool looking bug-types out there, at least that's my opinion. Plus, I think Charjabug will remain in that stage for a short time, because usually the early bug-type Pok?mon evolve really fast!

Well... Metapod is epic and Kakuna is cool I think hehe :3
    But yes, it is supposed to be a "cocoon", but they changed the formula a bit XD

I do like it, it's funny! It's a battery that look like a bus, it's kinda awesome, no?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Well... Metapod is epic and Kakuna is cool I think hehe :3
    But yes, it is supposed to be a "cocoon", but they changed the formula a bit XD

I do like it, it's funny! It's a battery that look like a bus, it's kinda awesome, no?

Yes, that's what I wanted to point! It's a cocoon stage of the Pok?mon, so it doesn't necessarily need to be appealing.

And YES, charjabug is awesome *-* . It's funny ... when I first saw it, I thought it looked like a bus. Only after a while I figured out it was supposed to represent a battery XD But I really loved the concept, it's creative ... At least that's my opinion Z.Z

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think it odd that electric types are caught early on, but I guess pikachu was in XY ....
    In Red and Blue, we can get Pikachu as early as Viridian Forest, before the first gym. In Yellow, it's even the starter.
    In Gold and Silver, we get Mareep at Route 32, right after the first gym.
    In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, there's Shinx on Route 202, way before the first gym.
    In Black and White, there's Blitzle on Route 3, right after the first gym.
    In Black 2 and White 2, we get Mareep at the Flocessy Ranch, before we can get in the first gym.
    And X and Y have Pikachu in Santalune Forest, which is before the first gym.

In other words, it's not that odd that Electric types are available early on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    In Red and Blue, we can get Pikachu as early as Viridian Forest, before the first gym. In Yellow, it's even the starter.
    In Gold and Silver, we get Mareep at Route 32, right after the first gym.
    In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, there's Shinx on Route 202, way before the first gym.
    In Black and White, there's Blitzle on Route 3, right after the first gym.
    In Black 2 and White 2, we get Mareep at the Flocessy Ranch, before we can get in the first gym.
    And X and Y have Pikachu in Santalune Forest, which is before the first gym.

In other words, it's not that odd that Electric types are available early on.

Maybe I was just thinking it to be route 1... and not first chapter of game. you are right though. thanks for being on top of it.

Back