• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [V .0.9.2] Pokémon Emerald Cross

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Beta 2.0 got uploaded!
    Download + info: https://twitter.com/JaizuFangaming/status/1524362166475837441

[V .0.9.2] Pokémon Emerald Cross

Full changelog:

Congratulations on the latest release! Thought I'd ask, since you've made the original emerald experience very customisable through your hack, will there be an option to increase the difficulty with smarter AI in the options menu? Thanks!

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Beta 2.1 is out.
    Fixed types
    Fixed random hidden items
    Moved the exp multiplier to the option menu

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Thought I'd mention a small oddity in the randomizer mode. I chose to randomize trainers Pokémon. However, I've noticed a pattern, if the trainer has "6 wurmples", it'll become 6 of whatever ONE Pokemon wurple was randomized into. It just doesn't stop there, all other trainers in the game who have wurmple will be replaced with the same mon, making it kind of predictable.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Thought I'd mention a small oddity in the randomizer mode. I chose to randomize trainers Pokémon. However, I've noticed a pattern, if the trainer has "6 wurmples", it'll become 6 of whatever ONE Pokemon wurple was randomized into. It just doesn't stop there, all other trainers in the game who have wurmple will be replaced with the same mon, making it kind of predictable.

Yeah that's how it works

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Yeah that's how it works

Does the same apply for movesets as well? Been noticing a lot of randomized mons have moves like Frenzy plant and crunch as well as the run away ability, I'm already two badges in. It does seem a little too much to be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Does the same apply for movesets as well? Been noticing a lot of randomized mons have moves like Frenzy plant and crunch as well as the run away ability, I'm already two badges in. It does seem a little too much to be a coincidence.

Indeed, things are shuffled, it's the price to pay when implementing the system inside a gba rom. You can enable chaos mode to have everything be very random.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Thought I'd pop by and mention that the lombre follower sprite looks a little glitched in terms of its appearance.

Yeah, I fixed that and sent the fix to merrp, so my game and all the games that use that system will have it fixed.

The GitHub link is 404. Has it been taken down?

Yeah, the repo was made private so I can secretly work in new features.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    Shouldn't you just make you secret changes in a local git mirror and push changes to remote when you want them to be public?

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Shouldn't you just make you secret changes in a local git mirror and push changes to remote when you want them to be public?

Yeah I could do that but having the game open source didn't give me any benefit, and I would be very sad to see someone just clone the repo and remove the trade restrictions or do their own based in my works. I feel more comfortable working in a private repo and I will keep it that way.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2022
    Idk where to do bug reporting, but I'll just post it here for now. Just beat a playthrough of the game on Hard Nuzlocke and went to the Battle Frontier post game. Did the Seviper Building and my Girafirig fainted. It was brought back to full health from one of the random rooms, but as soon as I defeated another Pokemon with said Girafirig, the game froze. Due note, I wasn't fighting a trainer, it was a random room with wild Seviper. If you need my copy of the rom feel free to email me at [email protected].

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Indeed, things are shuffled, it's the price to pay when implementing the system inside a gba rom. You can enable chaos mode to have everything be very random.

Do you have plans on improving the shuffle aspect of randomization? To make then more random that is?

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Idk where to do bug reporting, but I'll just post it here for now. Just beat a playthrough of the game on Hard Nuzlocke and went to the Battle Frontier post game. Did the Seviper Building and my Girafirig fainted. It was brought back to full health from one of the random rooms, but as soon as I defeated another Pokemon with said Girafirig, the game froze. Due note, I wasn't fighting a trainer, it was a random room with wild Seviper. If you need my copy of the rom feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks for the bug report! I will look into it.

Do you have plans on improving the shuffle aspect of randomization? To make then more random that is?

Atm they are map based. Next update will also take trainer id into account, so trainers in gyms and routes feel more "randomized"

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hello! I have been playing nuzlocke normal mode and enjoying this hack a lot.

I want to report a couple oddities i think might be bugs:

1) I have had situations where no one in my party had a specific HM equipped but could still get past the respective block in the overworld. The two situations I noticed were cutting a tree (where no one had the Cut HM and the pokemon that showed up in the little cutscene (loudred) can't even learn the move legally) and surfing (where it picked my gyarados automatically). The most reasonable explanation for this is that you just altered the way HMs work in the overworld for this hack, but since i didn't see it mentioned anywhere I thought I'd mention it

2) this only happened in one of my encounters, but I caught a swablu and the nickname screen didn't appear after the prompt as usual and he was just named a bunch of spaces. Not a big deal, I could name him properly in the name rater after, but it was weird. I might have pressed B as the nickname screen popped up and this happened? unsure

3) if a mon dies in nuzlocke mode with an item equipped, the game seems to automatically clone the item on them to your bag so you don't have to bother going to the box and taking it off their dead body - however nothing stops you from doing so, making it so you can easily duplicate items if you wish. this seems too obvious for you to not know about it already but i thought i'd mention it anyway

thank you for your work!

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
    Updated the main post with screenshots of the upcoming Beta 3.
    Release in 7 days! 17th June

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    This is so sweet. Got a question, would it be very difficult to add possibility of randomization of movesets, moves themselves, typings...? It's probably asking a lot, I guess.

Back