• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • I find it funny how Yu-Gi-Oh! is mascoting for pokemon now! (take a look at the color of the two dragons and then look at the colors of their eyes, lol)

I definitely lol'd. Blue Eyes White Dragon and Red Eyes Black Dragon indeed.

Anyway, they look pretty wicked. I think I'll go with the white one, because it looks cooler to me (machine-like Pokémon never really appealed to me) but they're both wicked. :D

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    ok, if Zekrom is a dark/dragon ( i dont really think zekrom is not going to be a dark type) then what is Reshiram, dragon/flying? or is it a new type like a light type or something? and does anybody know what the names exactly mean? maybe that can help speculate the type.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I wonder if those two has two type. But if not, probably only one of them would be pure Dragon. But that's mean it has 4x weakness to Ice type. Man! That so complicated to train the Pokemon while battling Ice type Pokemon.

Nancy Botwin

Banned
    Years
  • Eh, not a huge fan of dragons, but I guess they're sorta cool. The whole light/dark thing they seem to portray has me intrigued.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Don't know how late i am, but it's been confirmed that they are PART Dragon (and PART something else- Dragon-Light and Dragon-Dark? i hope so)

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I'm guessing Reshiram would be Dragon/Flying and Zekrom would be Dragon/Dark :D
    They both look great though.

I truly hope not Dragon/Flying Reshiram :C
    This is gonna be sooo last year, I mean, Rayquaza already is Dragon/Flying, Dragonite too, Altaria as well, Salamence, and we never had "Light" types x3
    I hope they'll introduce this new type in the B&W versions :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I wonder if those two has two type. But if not, probably only one of them would be pure Dragon. But that's mean it has 4x weakness to Ice type. Man! That so complicated to train the Pokemon while battling Ice type Pokemon.

Not really, considering it's incredibly likely you get the Pokemon at level 70 or something and, y'know, it's not complicated to train a level 70 Pokemon.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • They look sweet it changed my mind im getting white now not black

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    normal/dragon
    dark/dragon

any bets?
    i bet you im right, they dont look like psychic, or ice types
    thats clearly flying, or normal for reshii
    and zekrom is clearly dark, its just too obvious :P

after all i called it when they were dragons XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    No. Pure Dragon types only have a 2X weakness to Ice, just for the record.

This time, a lot of things might be different, as from what it sound like when they said there will be more differences.
    It's also something to think about when the Pokemon of one colour is the version mascot for the opposite colour. Maybe it has something to do too?

Based purely on looks, I like both of them a lot, but I like Reshiram even more, with its awesome angelic elegance and holy-like feeling.
    It has a slight resemblance to Sphinx, maybe?
    Reshiram would be even more awesome to me if its hand and arm was separate from its wings.
    Zekrom's tail isn't that good, but works.

I know my wish means nothing now, but I really wished they would not be dragon types, even if they did look like dragon types to me.
    That's because there has been too many dragon type Legendary Pokemon lately.
    I would rather have a Light/Flying type for Reshiram, and Dark/Steel or Dark/Flying type for Zekrom.
    But given the latest news, I'm newly hoping for them to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon type respectively, with the 'Levitate' ability.
    And I don't care if the typing doesn't sound good or anything, because it feels like they should be of this type to me.

Dark/Dragon only has 3 2X weakness, but 6 2X resistances and one immunity. That's actually good.
    Light/Dragon... Who know about that? Light may be weak to Dark and Dark may also be weak to Light.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about their name being the same in English.
    I don't like the idea of another Dragon trio, since it's kind of obvious that a third one will pop out in a while.
    Finally, the designs may look Digimon-like at first sight, but I like Reshiram a whole lot still for now, and I like Zekrom too.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    No. Pure Dragon types only have a 2X weakness to Ice, just for the record.

This time, a lot of things might be different, as from what it sound like when they said there will be more differences.
    It's also something to think about when the Pokemon of one colour is the version mascot for the opposite colour. Maybe it has something to do too?

Based purely on looks, I like both of them a lot, but I like Reshiram even more, with its awesome angelic elegance and holy-like feeling.
    It has a slight resemblance to Sphinx, maybe?
    Reshiram would be even more awesome to me if its hand and arm was separate from its wings.
    Zekrom's tail isn't that good, but works.

I know my wish means nothing now, but I really wished they would not be dragon types, even if they did look like dragon types to me.
    That's because there has been too many dragon type Legendary Pokemon lately.
    I would rather have a Light/Flying type for Reshiram, and Dark/Steel or Dark/Flying type for Zekrom.
    But given the latest news, I'm newly hoping for them to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon type respectively, with the 'Levitate' ability.
    And I don't care if the typing doesn't sound good or anything, because it feels like they should be of this type to me.

Dark/Dragon only has 3 2X weakness, but 6 2X resistances and one immunity. That's actually good.
    Light/Dragon... Who know about that? Light may be weak to Dark and Dark may also be weak to Light.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about their name being the same in English.
    I don't like the idea of another Dragon trio, since it's kind of obvious that a third one will pop out in a while.
    Finally, the designs may look Digimon-like at first sight, but I like Reshiram a whole lot still for now, and I like Zekrom too.
    Its their tail that make me think they have Digimon-ish look. More Dragon legendary? Then I hope pseudo-legendary this time is part of bug type somehow or normal to make it more differ.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    reshii is hideous

but zekrom is just plain badass, his tail looks like a airplane engine XD

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    This is AWESOME!!!!!! I wanted to get black version from the beginning, but now..... I want it even more! The mascot legendary is AWESOME!!!! It looks so angelic and pure. The other one looks awesome too but I like the white one better. I'm hoping the white one is psychic/steel and the black one is dark/steel. I think that would be awesome! :)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    This is AWESOME!!!!!! I wanted to get black version from the beginning, but now..... I want it even more! The mascot legendary is AWESOME!!!! It looks so angelic and pure. The other one looks awesome too but I like the white one better. I'm hoping the white one is psychic/steel and the black one is dark/steel. I think that would be awesome! :)

theyve been confirmed as half dragon

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • This is AWESOME!!!!!! I wanted to get black version from the beginning, but now..... I want it even more! The mascot legendary is AWESOME!!!! It looks so angelic and pure. The other one looks awesome too but I like the white one better. I'm hoping the white one is psychic/steel and the black one is dark/steel. I think that would be awesome! :)

They're both a Dragon. Probably be Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Steel again (Zekrom) Reshiram? maybe Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Steel again/too.

Back