• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I like both of them, they both look pretty damn cool. I'd say I like the Pokemon White legendary more, but the Pokemon Black looks awesome as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    These legendaries have only been out for a little over a day and alreday 16 pages from people debating on types and likeness/hatred of them

i for one think these'll be prolly some of the better legendaries of the bunch but u can't ever forget the originals

and Reshiram has a bonner with two "n"'s not one

Last edited:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well it seems we need more information about these legendaries before starting to jump into conclusions and decisions about how they look and what they are capable of, although they do look pretty epic, i guess the story line is going to make a huge difference in our decisions.

And by the way, as much resemblance these Pokemon might have to existing Digimon and YuGiOh! characters (which isnt very flashy), we are going to have to live with it like we did to all the other legendaries.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I think Reshiram's appearance has increased the likeliness of a Light-Type. I mean, look at it! It's like an angelic dragon for Pete's sake! As for Zekrom, he's just straight badass!!!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    I'm surprised I didn't find a thread for this already. Anyways:

Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

What'cha think? The white one is Reshiram, and the black is Zekrom. The black one reminds me of a monochrome Palkia...

EDIT: Adding the high-quality images that Rukario posted, for your viewing pleasure...

EDIT again: It's confirmed that they are both Dragon-type. No telling if they have a secondary type or what it is.
    OMG THE BLACK ONE WAS MY DESIGN THAT I SENT THEM!!!!!!!! OMG I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    OMG THE BLACK ONE WAS MY DESIGN THAT I SENT THEM!!!!!!!! OMG I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right... you have proof? Or would rather just look like your trying to take credit for a professional artist and designer's work?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Am I the only one who really doesn't like these legendaries and thinks that they're the worst Pokemon released so far? Thought so.

Reshiram looks pretty cool, I like everything about except for that fact that the tuft of hair between his legs looks like - lets not beat about the bush, it looks like a penis. The Internet is going to destroy him.

Zekrom bores me. Just another lame mecha/digimon-type that looks incredibly similar to Palkia. I much prefer Pokemon that resemble real-life animals, it makes the game feel more authentic to me. Mecha = lame for me.

And Dragon-type legendaries again? Yawn. We had that last generation, it's very dull seeing the same thing twice. I was hoping for a pure Flying legendary or something original but no...

All around, I'm disappointed. I don't think we've had any good cover legendaries for a long time, I had high hopes this time. I think that the whole "never seen a Pokemon game like this before" propaganda will turn out to be a load of guff, it'll be the same enjoyable yet predictable runaround we've had time and time again. Sigh.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • OMG THE BLACK ONE WAS MY DESIGN THAT I SENT THEM!!!!!!!! OMG I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? No. No offense, but that just doesn't seem likely at all. Although I'm sure they do look through a lot of fanart they are sent or that is posted on the internet for ideas.

I'm going to give Gamefreak a break for making these part Dragon type. Dragon has traditionally been the "most powerful" type (let's forget about Psychic, kthx) and I think it at least makes sense that they are part Dragon, just so long as they are also part Light and part Dark, respectively.

Reshiram looks pretty cool, I like everything about except for that fact that the tuft of hair between his legs looks like - lets not beat about the bush, it looks like a penis. The Internet is going to destroy him.

Zekrom bores me. Just another lame mecha/digimon-type that looks incredibly similar to Palkia. I much prefer Pokemon that resemble real-life animals, it makes the game feel more authentic to me. Mecha = lame for me.

Penis? Look at Palkia. Now look at Palkia again, this time noticing its circular, almost balls-esque shoulder plates, and its long neck and rounded head. Yeah. I don't think the internet is going to mind much about this tuft of feathers.

And since when have legendaries ever resembled an actual animal? Except for Shaymin, which actually looked like a hedgehog.

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • they look stupid its like Gamefreak is giving up I mean really these two are legends they look more like bad fakemon

Years
  • Heh everytime when I watch Zekrom I start to look at it's tail and I got idea. How about if their looks are deceiving? And Zekrom is accually Dragon/Light type. Think about the possibility that it's tail is some sort of generator that will light the darkest bits of its body to glow :P

And then Reshirams tail would be somekind of mist of cloud making device, or something.

Just think about Groudon, no one saw it coming that it was mono ground type. I bet everyone said it will be fire type because it was so damn red -.-

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Penis? Look at Palkia. Now look at Palkia again, this time noticing its circular, almost balls-esque shoulder plates, and its long neck and rounded head.

You're right. However, Palkia's penis-like attachment is not located on his crotch. (and for the record, I don't much like Palkia either)

Yeah. I don't think the internet is going to mind much about this tuft of feathers.

You really don't think that the Rule 34 guys will exploit such a thing?

And since when have legendaries ever resembled an actual animal? Except for Shaymin, which actually looked like a hedgehog.

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno - birds.
    Suicine, Entei, Raikou - dogs/cats/gerbils
    Mew(two) - cat-like
    Lugia and Ho-oh - Birds
    Kyogre - Orca
    Arceus - Horse-like
    Shaymin - Hegdehog

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Right... you have proof? Or would rather just look like your trying to take credit for a professional artist and designer's work?

Could you perhaps send me the original sketches? Or just a sample of your artwork?

Let them be happy, even if it's not 100% their design it's cute to see people get excited like that. If they have an original I'm sure they'll post. It's not like they're claiming it and trying to lord it over or get anything out of it, they're just happy.

As for the designs, I really like Zekrom overall, but think Reshiram has the better tail and the sweep on the head is nice. The wife really likes Reshiram a lot, so I suppose that's one more step to figuring out which one of us is playing which version.

Also, the idea of adding a new type, and a Light type for that matter continues to be rediculous. First, Dark isn't "Dark" the way the western world considers it, and second there are some seriously neglected types in relativity to the other types. I could see these being Dragon/Psychic and Dragon/Dark.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Dont know if any body saw this yet, but serebii.net just confirmed that both legendaries are part Dragon-Type. Oh god, i see another dragon trio on the way.

Yep just read it on PokeBeach...apparantly they're the 'legendary dragon pokemon'....I'm not like uber upset cause I was expecting them to be part dragon. Though I gurantee we will see at least one new mix with these two, whether it be dark/dragon or a light type/dragon.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • Dragon? No, god, no~!

Let's hope it's not another dragon/steel type, though.

I'm kind of hoping that Zekrom is a Dragon/dark and Reshiram is Dragon/Psychic :3

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    YAY THEY AREN'T CHANGING THE NAMES!!! SINCE THEY ARE 'BLACK' AND 'WHITE' ON THE US WEBSITE!!! :D

I don't know why I'm happy, I wanted name changes, but Black and White suite the Legends more than any Gem would, seeing as the are Gemless...

Speaking of name changes..Zoroark will be keeping its name in the English and Japanese versions of the game ^^.

And apparantly black and white have a 'TWL' code meaning they're enhanced for the DSi..so I'm guessing people who move to buy a DSi are probably gonna have somewhat better graphics in the game.
    https://pokebeach.com/2010/05/reshiram-and-zekrom-dragon-types-new-black-white-factoids

You're right. However, Palkia's penis-like attachment is not located on his crotch. (and for the record, I don't much like Palkia either)

You really don't think that the Rule 34 guys will exploit such a thing?

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno - birds.
    Suicine, Entei, Raikou - dogs/cats/gerbils
    Mew(two) - cat-like
    Lugia and Ho-oh - Birds
    Kyogre - Orca
    Arceus - Horse-like
    Shaymin - Hegdehog

U guys arguing over that patch of hair near Reshima's no_no's? Well first off it's just a patch of hair and pokemon don't even have private parts (so I don't see why I said no no's in the first place). I doubt it will be noticable in the game...

and yes most legendaries resemble animals and more than likely Zekrom and Reshima will as well. We just don't know what species they resemble or if they're hybrids of some sort.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Really...REALLY?! Someone actually pointed out that Reshiram's feathers make it look like he has a penis? REALLY?! My God, get your heads out of the gutter v_v...

On topic: If you look at Reshiram closely, you'll notice that the "feather" on its head is actually a pair. So, ears? Also, I believe Gamefreak is now gaining inspiration from Dr. Seus. Look through some of the old books and you'll find how close in appearance Reshiram actually is to some of the bird-like creatures. Still EPIC PWNAGE though.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Really...REALLY?! Someone actually pointed out that Reshiram's feathers make it look like he has a penis? REALLY?! My God, get your heads out of the gutter v_v...

Clearly you haven't looked at Palkia long enough....

Also, am I the only one who feels like these pokemon don't even FEEL like pokemon anymore? They look fugly to me.

Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Also, a STRIKING resemblance to digimon. These new legendaries make me a sad panda.

Back