• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I don't think they will be one-sided unless Reshiram is like psychic/dragon and Zekrom is dark/dragon. If Reshiram is say a new type light/dragon then light&dark could both be SE against one another.

and Palkia can so beat Dialga (well at least my 3) :D.
    ..I mean't type advantage...wise... That's why I think we need a light type or we would see the one sidedness again like we did in gen 1,3,4...wait this is part of a tradition isn't it... only gen 2 broke this...
    Can't wait until I get White so I can have my cool Mecha like dragon demon like Mascot...too bad I don't get it until after I'm almost done with the game...

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • This is awesome.This is how i see it.

There are no new types, because they would have been announced before the starters were revealed.

The White one= Dragon/Ice FTW!!!!!!
    The Black one=Dragon/Dark/Giratina's maker FTW!!!!

In any case, they both say EPIC for me.I will get my translator ready so I can input it into the Japanese game for everyone to enjoy.

Years
  • This is awesome.This is how i see it.

There are no new types, because they would have been announced before the starters were revealed.

The White one= Dragon/Ice FTW!!!!!!
    The Black one=Dragon/Dark/Giratina's maker FTW!!!!

In any case, they both say EPIC for me.I will get my translator ready so I can input it into the Japanese game for everyone to enjoy.
    ...I don't think it's Dragon/Ice to me it's more Dragon/psychic, the other one is 75% going to be Dragon/dark... Your joking on Giratina's maker right as Giratina was created by Arceus... I can't tell if you joking or not...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Hey cool, they look awesome. Looks like I will be getting Zekrom, I said I would be getting White from the very Beginning, so there you have it, I will admit though, they share a resemblance to Digimon, but hey, Who cares, they are still Pokemon.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
  • I'm disappointed in the legends to be honest. There's too many dragons already. It seems like the legends are just getting recycled. I hoping the other gen 5 pokes are better.
    BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I HEARD!

Has anyone even noticed that in every generation, except 2(you would probably consider Tyranitar a dragon.) that there was only one set of Dragons?

Dragonite fam
    Salamance fam
    Garchomp fam
    Flygon fam

Legendaries
    Sinnoh 3
    Rayquaza

Seriously?There arent ENOUGH dragons.

...I don't think it's Dragon/Ice to me it's more Dragon/psychic, the other one is 75% going to be Dragon/dark... Your joking on Giratina's maker right as Giratina was created by Arceus... I can't tell if you joking or not...
    I agree about the Psychic too.And I didnt mean it like that i mean Giratina easily gets PWNED.

Last edited:

Years
  • Hey cool, they look awesome. Looks like I will be getting Zekrom, I said I would be getting White from the very Beginning, so there you have it, I will admit though, they share a resemblance to Digimon, but hey, Who cares, they are still Pokemon.
    I agree with you, I was also going to get white from the beginning and still am...i hate it how people who said they were going to get Black have all of a sudden shift towards white after this reveal! Serebii said something about the games having more differences between them other than the traditional differences...wonder what they are...

BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I HEARD!

Has anyone even noticed that in every generation, except 2(you would probably consider Tyranitar a dragon.) that there was only one set of Dragons?

Dragonite fam
    Salamance fam
    Garchomp fam
    Flygon fam

Legendaries
    Sinnoh 3
    Rayquaza

I agree about the Psychic too.And I didnt mean it like that i mean Giratina easily gets PWNED.
    Lol I thought you mean't that but wasn't sure... of course it would pawn Gira if it's Dragon/dark, plus it's design already pawns Gira...You forgot to put Latios and latias in you list...this is the second Yin-yang pair that is part dragon after the Latis!

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Can I cancel Dragon out of Weakness?
    Since Ice resists Dragons :D
    It'll be much like Dialga whom can resist dragon cos' of it's steel too.

I wish, but Ice sadly only resists Ice. But I'd love if it did resist Dragon as well.

No. Pure Dragon types only have a 2X weakness to Ice, just for the record.

This time, a lot of things might be different, as from what it sound like when they said there will be more differences.
    It's also something to think about when the Pokemon of one colour is the version mascot for the opposite colour. Maybe it has something to do too?

Based purely on looks, I like both of them a lot, but I like Reshiram even more, with its awesome angelic elegance and holy-like feeling.
    It has a slight resemblance to Sphinx, maybe?
    Reshiram would be even more awesome to me if its hand and arm was separate from its wings.
    Zekrom's tail isn't that good, but works.

I know my wish means nothing now, but I really wished they would not be dragon types, even if they did look like dragon types to me.
    That's because there has been too many dragon type Legendary Pokemon lately.
    I would rather have a Light/Flying type for Reshiram, and Dark/Steel or Dark/Flying type for Zekrom.
    But given the latest news, I'm newly hoping for them to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon type respectively, with the 'Levitate' ability.
    And I don't care if the typing doesn't sound good or anything, because it feels like they should be of this type to me.

Dark/Dragon only has 3 2X weakness, but 6 2X resistances and one immunity. That's actually good.
    Light/Dragon... Who know about that? Light may be weak to Dark and Dark may also be weak to Light.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about their name being the same in English.
    I don't like the idea of another Dragon trio, since it's kind of obvious that a third one will pop out in a while.
    Finally, the designs may look Digimon-like at first sight, but I like Reshiram a whole lot still for now, and I like Zekrom too.

It'd have 4 2X weaknesses, Dragon has a 2X Weakness to both Ice and Dragon.
    And am I the only one who feels they don't have to have "opposite" typings to oppose eachother?

What? No. No offense, but that just doesn't seem likely at all. Although I'm sure they do look through a lot of fanart they are sent or that is posted on the internet for ideas.

I'm going to give Gamefreak a break for making these part Dragon type. Dragon has traditionally been the "most powerful" type (let's forget about Psychic, kthx) and I think it at least makes sense that they are part Dragon, just so long as they are also part Light and part Dark, respectively.

Penis? Look at Palkia. Now look at Palkia again, this time noticing its circular, almost balls-esque shoulder plates, and its long neck and rounded head. Yeah. I don't think the internet is going to mind much about this tuft of feathers.

I agree with you completely here, I mean here's a picture of Zekrom and Palkia. (They're big...)

Spoiler:

They have some body shape similiarities but they're quite obviously different pokemon.

I have to say I'm very pleased with these Legends the only thing I don't like about them is their names but whatever, I'll get used to them. Also I see Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Dark for Zekrom and;
    Dragon/Normal, Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Steel for Reshiram. Just please game freak, no Psychic legends!!

Karel_Kazuki

Years
  • I agree with you, I was also going to get white from the beginning and still am...i hate it how people who said they were going to get Black have all of a sudden shift towards white after this reveal! Serebii said something about the games having more differences between them other than the traditional differences...wonder what they are...

Lol I thought you mean't that but wasn't sure... of course it would pawn Gira if it's Dragon/dark, plus it's design already pawns Gira...You forgot to put Latios and latias in you list...this is the second Yin-yang pair that is part dragon after the Latis!
    I forgot about them.But then again, they reminded me too much of Lugia and by first glance you would say they're dragons but theyre just Birds.

Even then, its still not enough dragon.I think there are more bug types than anything.

Years
  • I forgot about them.But then again, they reminded me too much of Lugia and by first glance you would say they're dragons but theyre just Birds.

Even then, its still not enough dragon.I think there are more bug types than anything.
    ..the Latis are Dragon type... not flying... The white one will have the same type combo as the Latis actually Dragon/psychic...if light type isn't made... I like the names also, they sound cool much better than Dialga and Palkia,Lugia and Ho-oh!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I HEARD!

Dragonite fam
    Salamance fam
    Garchomp fam
    Flygon fam

Legendaries
    Sinnoh 3
    Rayquaza

Gen 1 had Dragonite family
    Gen 2 had Kingdra
    Gen 3 had the Salamence family, the Flygon family (minus Trapinch) and Altaria
    Gen 4 had the Garchomp family

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
    Gen 2 had none
    Gen 3 had Rayquaza, Latios and Latias
    Gen 4 had Dialga, Palkia and Giratina

I love Dragon pokemon so I won't complain about them but there have been alot of dragon legends in the past 2 generations. (Not that I disagree with that)

As for non legendaries, I think 4 Dragons a generation would suffice, generation 3 had a little much. I only say this because Dragon's are supposed to be the epitemy of Power, if they were walking around everywhere they wouldn't exactly be rare or regarded with the wonder that they are. Which is exactly why Dragon makes a good Legendary Pokemon type!!

Karel_Kazuki

Years
  • ..the Latis are Dragon type... not flying... The white one will have the same type combo as the Latis actually Dragon/psychic...if light type isn't made... I like the names also, they sound cool much better than Dialga and Palkia,Lugia and Ho-oh!
    Yeah but Dialga and Palkia were only named so because of the name of the games and what it took to get them.I dont know about Lugia or Ho-oh though.

Years
  • Gen 1 had Dragonite family
    Gen 2 had Kingdra

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
    Gen 2 had none

I love Dragon pokemon so I won't complain about them but there have been alot of dragon legends in the past 2 generations. (Not that I disagree with that)

As for non legendaries, I think 4 Dragons a generation would suffice, generation 3 had a little much. I only say this because Dragon's are supposed to be the epitemy of Power, if they were walking around everywhere they wouldn't exactly be rare or regarded with the wonder that they are. Which is exactly why Dragon makes a good Legendary Pokemon type!!
    yup they do make a good Legendary type all dragons with the exceptions of Flygon, Alteria, and Kingdra are Psuedo legendary or legendary!

Karel_Kazuki

Years
  • Gen 1 had Dragonite family
    Gen 2 had Kingdra

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
    Gen 2 had none

Yep I realized that by the end of Generation 3.Bugs are the shortest to evolve, easiest to find and I believe has the most weaknesses? While Dragons are the longest to evolve, harder to find, and has only two weaknesses(One for Palkia).But they have the strength to match the time it takes, while I , personally, get sick of bugs by level 15.

shot571

..I mean't type advantage...wise... That's why I think we need a light type or we would see the one sidedness again like we did in gen 1,3,4...wait this is part of a tradition isn't it... only gen 2 broke this...
    Can't wait until I get White so I can have my cool Mecha like dragon demon like Mascot...too bad I don't get it until after I'm almost done with the game...
    Gen 2 had it as well didnt it. Lugia>Ho-oh ? :s

Years
  • And Altaria is the only Dragon whose not in OU/Uber.
    so true...actually one of the reason I think Altaria needs a evo...
    Wonder what the third one will look like and if they will give it a new forme come the third version like they did with gira... or was that a time third version thing... guess we will have to wait until Pokemon Grey version until then...

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I. NEED. RESHIRAM.
    It's beautiful. I'll probably wait until Grey or whatever comes out so I can get both though. I'm so excited nowwww.

Back