• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: VPP Community DCC - Ask questions & chat!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Hi people, I m basically new to this section of the forum, but especially I have almost no knowledge of how things work lol. So, I was reading the guide and I noticed that there are challenges and I was a bit unsure on how to apply. Like, I have to say it somewhere or can I just ask for the VPP ( I wanted to do the Ash Sinnoh challenge btw)
    You just request a Pokemon you want in the obtain thread. Once we give you your VPP you just post until it reaches level 100. When you're done you request the next one and repeat that until you have gotten enough Pokemon for the challenge.

In order to keep track of your finished VPPs you can/should make a thread in this section.

Also: if there are things in the guide that need to be clearer, then let us know. So we can make it clearer. :)

Years
  • You just request a Pokemon you want in the obtain thread. Once we give you your VPP you just post until it reaches level 100. When you're done you request the next one and repeat that until you have gotten enough Pokemon for the challenge.

In order to keep track of your finished VPPs you can/should make a thread in this section.

Also: if there are things in the guide that need to be clearer, then let us know. So we can make it clearer. :)

okok, thanks! yes, iI think it was quite clear. I haven't been really active on here, so I was just unsure, I guess. Thanks for the clarification tho :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    okok, thanks! yes, iI think it was quite clear. I haven't been really active on here, so I was just unsure, I guess. Thanks for the clarification tho :)
    welcome to the thunder dome, lmao.

But like Megan said, if anything is at all confusing or you're unsure of something, don't hesitate to ask! And there's some wonderful examples in the threads below of how to keep track of your finished VPPs (if you want!), that'll give you an idea of how we generally organize stuff around here. :)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Does anyone wish to start a tag team on the 22nd? Celebrates Ash Ketchum's birthday on that day. Adds an extra 200 points. Agrees to pretty much anything not already owned. Prefers to avoid the N challenge fossil Pokemon, though (Kabutops, Omastar, Cradily, and Armaldo). Plans to complete those as sets.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Does anyone wish to start a tag team on the 22nd? Celebrates Ash Ketchum's birthday on that day. Adds an extra 200 points. Agrees to pretty much anything not already owned. Prefers to avoid the N challenge fossil Pokemon, though (Kabutops, Omastar, Cradily, and Armaldo). Plans to complete those as sets.

I'd be happy to do a tag-team with you!

...If the VPP Team could perhaps show this old fae some mercy and approve my inactivity clause a little early? If waiting until the 22th, that's only 5 days early!
    Roni said:
    Starlight said:
    Megan said:

Years
  • I'd be happy to do a tag-team with you!

...If the VPP Team could perhaps show this old fae some mercy and approve my inactivity clause a little early? If waiting until the 22th, that's only 5 days early!

I'm a hard stickler for the rules... but given it's Ash's birthday, and I'm sure your old partner is staying inactive for the time being, you have my (personal) blessings 😊

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd be happy to do a tag-team with you!

Idk. Last time you talked about it I would have said yes, but now?
    Sure go ahead, already :P

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'm also game for Tag Teams if anyone wants one.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm a hard stickler for the rules... but given it's Ash's birthday, and I'm sure your old partner is staying inactive for the time being, you have my (personal) blessings 😊
    Idk. Last time you talked about it I would have said yes, but now?
    Sure go ahead, already :P
    *HUGS* ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧

Omg thank you! If needed I was prepped to pull the, "b-but my 11th PC anniversary is in 9 days!!" card. Which, while true, has nothing to do with this, lmao.
    Devalue said:
    We are good to go!!
    What 'mons you have in mind? No fossils, which works for me cause I have a bunch already, lol. Actually, ya know what? Lemme just list the VPPs I don't have from any of the N challenges and you can pick whichever you wanna go for! (´,,•ω•,,)♡
    Spoiler:

Any of those Pokémon are fair game for me! So just let me know what works for you. :)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    What 'mons you have in mind? No fossils, which works for me cause I have a bunch already, lol. Actually, ya know what? Lemme just list the VPPs I don't have from any of the N challenges and you can pick whichever you wanna go for! (´,,•ω•,,)♡
    Spoiler:

Any of those Pokémon are fair game for me! So just let me know what works for you. :)

Agrees to Politoed. Will request it at the stroke of midnight.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'm available. You got anything in particular you wanna raise ?

(Also an FYI, I'm seeing enough Ground and enough Water types in your stats to claim their Bronze Medals =3)

I'm down with anything, tbh. Since tomorrow is Ash Ketchum day, something that gets a bonus maybe?

I did, I just haven't updated my stats after asking for them. My PC is still not working and I'm not messing with that bbcode by hand, lol.

Years
  • I'm down with anything, tbh. Since tomorrow is Ash Ketchum day, something that gets a bonus maybe?

I did, I just haven't updated my stats after asking for them. My PC is still not working and I'm not messing with that bbcode by hand, lol.

Well there doesn't seem to be any restrictions as to what the bonus points apply to.

But if you want an Ash challenge mon, how about Krookodile? Or Pignite/Emboar?

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Well there doesn't seem to be any restrictions as to what the bonus points apply to.

But if you want an Ash challenge mon, how about Krookodile? Or Pignite/Emboar?

I'd fine with either. I guess I'd rather Emboar.
    Do you want to post on the Obtain thread first or would rather I did?

Back