• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weakest legendary Pokémon?

poke are poke

mischievous
Years
  • In the show i would have to go with Jarachi sometimes, but in the actual game i would go with Rayquaza. I don't mean to hate on Rayquaza, it's actually in my top 10 fav. pokemons, but like i was saying is that he isn't fast enough to take on other faster pokemon, like it would only take 1 ice move to take down unless it's holder a berry which still would go down to half and get taken down next turn easily and against other faster pokemon that have dragon type moves (very common).

He might not be fast but he is basically an OKHOer (mine is at least)

Here are the legendary that weren't mentioned : Rakiou darkrai moltres ho-oh lugia arexus amd some more in D/P/P that I can't remeber. I see clebi as one of the weakest ( pokemon in BB/W are not mentioned expect for zerkom and viticini ; they are the only ones I know

Last edited:

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I'm going to have to go with Manaphy. It doesn't really learn very good moves at all, unless you teach it some decent moves. Other than that it's just god awful.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Manaphy has access to Tail Glow which increases special ATK by 3 stages, those moves are kinda rare and Manaphy is still Uber because of it. And in the Rain he's even more of a threat. His Special movepool is pretty good as well.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Manaphy has access to Tail Glow which increases special ATK by 3 stages, those moves are kinda rare and Manaphy is still Uber because of it. And in the Rain he's even more of a threat. His Special movepool is pretty good as well.
    I believe it was 2 stages, but still, that's a whole lot. The only other Pokémon that can have the move is Volbeat, so it's a pretty rare move like you say. I think that just because some legendaries may be small (Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, etc), doesn't necessarily mean they're weak, size only counts in the real world.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    As of Gen V it raises Special Attack by 3 stages. In previous generations it was 2 stages.

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    The weakest is probably Cresselia... unless Rotom and Phione count.
    Then, it's a tie between Rotom and Phione.
    Cresselia generally sucks... Rotom is only good if in a separate form, and Phione is just really crappy.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I guess you could argue that Cresselia is weak if you're going by offensive standards. It's Atk and Sp. Atk are pretty low, But it does serve some purpose defense wise.

120 base Defense and HP is nothing to mess around with and 130 base Sp. defense is just brutal. Set-up some calm minds and it's a pretty above average wall. Though I've never actually used a Cresselia, but in my opinion it's not too bad from what I saw (stats wise and movepool). It's signature move kinda sucks, but I guess it could work.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The weakest is probably Cresselia... unless Rotom and Phione count.
    Then, it's a tie between Rotom and Phione.
    Cresselia generally sucks... Rotom is only good if in a separate form, and Phione is just really crappy.
    Nah Rotom and Phione aren't legendaries, you can get an infinite amount of them, but they'd be the weakest if they were, though.

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    I still think the best team combo is Clefable (with "Follow Me") + Shuckle (with "Power Trick" and "Sludge Wave")... regardless of what legendaries use, they will be defeated in about 3 turns, especially if Clefable spams "Follow Me" while Shuckle's power is strongest out of every Pokemon, including legendaries, using an attack with 95 Power and a 10% chance of poison. This way, legendaries will always be weak to Pokemon who have superior strategic value. Though they are nice, I don't tend to ever use them... especially Cresselia. Sableye or Spiritomb, could take out Pure-Psychic legendaries like Cresselia and Mewtwo fairly easily.
    If I were to actually play my Pokemon Black... I would get 2 more Shuckles and Clefables.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I still think the best team combo is Clefable (with "Follow Me") + Shuckle (with "Power Trick" and "Sludge Wave")... regardless of what legendaries use, they will be defeated in about 3 turns, especially if Clefable spams "Follow Me" while Shuckle's power is strongest out of every Pokemon, including legendaries, using an attack with 95 Power and a 10% chance of poison. This way, legendaries will always be weak to Pokemon who have superior strategic value. Though they are nice, I don't tend to ever use them... especially Cresselia. Sableye or Spiritomb, could take out Pure-Psychic legendaries like Cresselia and Mewtwo fairly easily.
    If I were to actually play my Pokemon Black... I would get 2 more Shuckles and Clefables.
    I have a Shuckle in my team, so don't get me wrong, but Shuckle's attack and special attack are extremely low, so Sludge Wave will hardly do any damage, so I don't really know what you mean by that. But I agree on Cresselia, though she does have quite high defenses.

Gigalith

Sturdy- Negates 1 hit KO's
    Years
  • I have a Shuckle in my team, so don't get me wrong, but Shuckle's attack and special attack are extremely low, so Sludge Wave will hardly do any damage, so I don't really know what you mean by that. But I agree on Cresselia, though she does have quite high defenses.

Power trick switches atk for def and i think sp def for sp atk so once a shuckle uses power trick its attack could reach 614 and its defense could go as low as 22 Clefable's purpose is to use follow me so no one can attack shuckle and all the attacks are hiting Clefable because Shuckle would be taken out in one hut if he used Power trick.

I think the weakest legendary is probably Manaphy

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Phione....

Probably one of those angelic legendaries, such as Shaymin, Jirachi, Victini, Celebi... I don't pay attention to stats that much, though.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • Articino vs. Manaphy

Articno uses ice beam its.... ITS A OHKO. Manaphy is the weeakest pikachu could destroy it

Articino vs. Manaphy

Articno uses ice beam its.... ITS A OHKO. Manaphy is the weeakest pikachu could destroy it

Last edited:

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Water resists Ice, so Ice Beam is not a OHKO. Manaphy has base 100 stats with only two weaknesses, it's a pretty bulky Water-Type, especially when you use Acid Armor or Calm Mind, not to mention Manaphy can be physical or special (often special). Articuno's base Special ATK is 95 and it's ATK is 85, horrible typing, x4 weak to rock and 3 additional weaknesses, shallow movepool and it's almost never used in competitive play.

Not to mention that it's RU meaning it's in the lowest tier, while Manaphy is in the highest tier and always has been since it was released. And you can't just match Manaphy with a electric type and say it's weak because it can be destroyed by Pikachu. Which actually can be proven false depending on Manaphy's moveset. It would be like saying Articuno is weak because a Rock-Type could beat it.

Personally, I have nothing against Articuno, as it's design is my favorite out of all the Legendary birds, but it's just useless in my opinion. Except that Mind Reading + Sheer Cold combo, that's frowned upon in competitive play. :/

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I never said Manaphy was rock.. Unless you were saying that because Manaphy isn't a rock it cannot beat Articuno, in that case that is false.

Manaphy's stats are above Articuno's in almost every aspect, except Special Defense. And after one Tail Glow it's Special ATK is raised by 3 stages which can possibly OHKO Articuno with Surf, and only two moves can actually raises stats by 3 stages (Cotton Guard) and one of them is semi-exclusive to Manaphy, which would be Tail Glow. I admit without Tail Glow Manaphy probably wouldn't be as good, but it has other options such as Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Ice Beam, Acid Armor, Shadow Ball, U-Turn, AND even Ancient Power by a Move Tutor, which is a Rock-Type. Manaphy just wins due to it's immense movepool that Articuno does not have.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • I don't pay much to stats so that's your field . My field is something else. The only primary reason why articno is weak is because of the genaration changes in its orginal gen it kills bruno with ice beam. Ok forget all of that now if we put articuno in a room with manapy who will kill and who will get killed? Sheer cold= killing manapy in one hit. And again I can just keep buying stats boosters.

I only agree on articno shallow movepool

Last edited:
    Back