• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Imo we should discuss Anti's new forme?

Anti-Origin forme has been leaked by coro coro and its ability is "win this thread". Its quite powerful according to the mag and its new attacks of "you lose" and "logical argument" seem quite op, more than what the standard metagame can handle imo. His only counter seems to be Dark Cutezelf-Therian which has the potential to smite his path of rage.

290qxyo.jpg

Great design, i think this is my new fav pokemon. Also beats most of ou so a small risk it may go uber, but his cuteness probably will stop evil smogon banning him.

Oh you <3

I'm a little worried about this mon's head though, will this design teleport it to gen4 where it will frustratingly be wasted as a Colbur Berry lead to counter-lead a past-its-prime anti-lead (hnnng :/)? And its lower body worries me because it might bait Smogon into banning me! And I'm so cute like you said. :( But speaking of cute, Mantyke stops this mon so it'll stay OU etc.

The muscles are spot-on though!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Mega Probopass has been confirmed in a leak of next months Corocoro along with news that Roxanne will use it when she challenges your secret base gym. Defeating her will reward you with Proboite, the respective mega stone.

Mega Probopass will be only Steel-type (much like Mega Aggron) and will have the ability Levitate. The magazine also states that the new Mega will have increased HP, Attack, Defense and Special Defense, but with lower speed.

Personally, I see the leak of the Mega Probopass leading toward the release of Mega Hariyama, Torkoal, Slaking, Lunatone / Solrock, and Milotic. Seeing as how it seems they wish to make a pattern of mega stones being given by gym leaders who visit your gym, it seems likely. Not to mention Slacking and Torkoal have been used in other mega reveals (while all other pokemon within the mega reveals are megas themselves). Manectric (signature pokemon of Wattson) already has one, as does Altaria (signature pokemon of Winona).

It'll certainly be interested to see if this new mega is viable considering its predecessor is literally useless. Its new typing (removing rock) is definitely a benefit.

An image of the leak can be found here.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Considering almost all of the E4 already have their Mega Pokemon, there could even be a Mega Walrein, or Mega Glalie. The latter getting an Ice/Dark dual type would be funny. {XD}

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Considering almost all of the E4 already have their Mega Pokemon, there could even be a Mega Walrein, or Mega Glalie. The latter getting an Ice/Dark dual type would be funny. {XD}

That's the third time this week I've heard that - and I'm starting to warm up to it. Mega Glalie's stats would be perfect to give it a mega too; just change all except HP to 100; it'd have exactly 100 higher BST than its base, and actually be viable. Plus there would actually be a reason to use it over froslass lol

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • It would balance everything in OU best of the best tier

Hah no but really Game Freak would never do something that hideously disgustingly OP to Pokemon

Which is why Stunfisk will never get a mega evolution

Mawile only even got that because it was so ronery for life in usage before it got huge power, and that was off of what, base 80 attack without mega and no sheer force?

If Slaking did get a mega, I would have to believe they'd keep the ability, or change it but not give him any stat boosts; or less of one. Don't think he'll be getting one thoooough

Unless they really want your character's dad to be a mega stone bearer

Years
  • Newsflash! New Megas have been revealed!

So, the latest CoroCoro revealed three new Mega Evolutions: Mega Gallade, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt.

Gallade's details aren't known at the time I posted this but the other two do have some:

In terms of stat spreads, Mega Camerupt gets its Speed lowered while raising both its offenses and defenses, pretty much almost like Mega Abomasnow in X/Y. It also gets the Sheer Force ability.

Mega Sharpedo gets boosts in all its stats and gets Strong Jaw for its ability.

Also, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's abilities revealed to be Land of Endings and Sea of Beginnings respectively. Both are said to cause infinite rain and sun similar to Drizzle and Drought's effect prior to 6th Gen.

So, any thoughts on how the new Megas would benefit competitively?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All I can think of off the top of my head is

Sharpedo @ Sharpedite (?)
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Protect
    - Ice Fang
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall / Aqua Jet

Honestly it's a bit all over, Protect gives you a 1.5x speed boost before mega evo, then crunch is STAB with Strong Jaw bonus, and Ice Fang is coverage with Strong Jaw bonus. Coverage for incoming Grass-types maybe? Idk. I can't think of a last move and the EV spread was so quick I didn't really think. In all honesty I think Strong Jaw is a wasted ability on Sharpedo, it only has two moves that benefit from it.
    The other problem I see with Mega Sharpedo is that its base form is so horrendously frail, but at least it can come in on a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, or after a teammate is KOed. Also, losing Speed Boost kinda sucks.

Mega Camerupt, on the other hand, I dunno about, since it has 2 rather common weaknesses. A healthy bulk increase might help it a bit, since vanilla Camerupt is rather frail, which isn't good for such a slow Pokemon. At least it has STABs that benefit from Sheer Force:
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Rock Slide
    -Stealth Rock/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/252 SAtk
    Item: Cameruptite (?)
    Ability: Solid Rock

All I want is more stuff about Mega Gallade revealed, considering that it's my favorite Pokemon. Even then, it may face stiff competition from Mega Medicham.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree on that, Sharpedo is way too frail, Speed Boost would've been better for MSharp imo. But even then, you're gonna be hurt badly from any volt switcher or u-turner like you said.

I really wanna see Mega Gallade's info. Hopefully it's given beneficial boosts like MGarde was.
    What I mean is that a slow Pokemon like Wash Rotom or Scizor, which are naturally slow Pokemon, can take a hit, then use Volt Switch/U-turn to bring in Sharpedo safely.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm curious as to what Mega Gallade's new ability and stat spread will be, particularly it's ability; Steadfast and Justified seem kinda meh on it to me.

Also, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's abilities revealed to be Land of Endings and Sea of Beginnings respectively. Both are said to cause infinite rain and sun similar to Drizzle and Drought's effect prior to 6th Gen.
    I kinda said this already in the ORAS thread on Primals, but I really hope that's not the case. I hated the perma-weather of last gen and was glad that X/Y nerfed it. Game Freak, why the hell would you suddenly do an about-face on that and bring it back?! Whhhhhhhhhhhy? I know it'd be restricted to Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, but I don't want Ubers to revert back to weather wars **** again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Mega Gallade has Inner Focus. Whoop-dee-freakin'-do. Out of all the possible abilities out there, and they chose Inner Focus? Well, a potential Speed increase upon Mega Evolutoin just may help Gallade get the jump ahead of some threats, I guess.

I wonder how well Mega Gallade can perform its regular form's sets in Gen V (offensive Swords Dance, bulky Swords Dance, Bulk Up). Well, Inner Focus at least protects it from random Fake Outs, right?

What sucks is that Life Orb Gallade just may hit harder than Mega Gallade.

At least Inner Focus kinda helps in doubles, again for those random Fake Outs, and Gallade just has the right moves for doubles formats:
    -Drain Punch
    -Zen Headbutt/Psycho Cut/Ice Punch/Rock Slide/Knock Off
    -Helping Hand/Heal Pulse/Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Hypnosis
    -Protect
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP/244 SDef/16 Spe
    Item: Galladite (?)

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Awh man, inner focus, really???

I was hoping form those shimmery wings it'd get something like magic gaurd or... hell Idunno. Something besides another circumstantial flinch ability. >:C

Ah well. if they boost its regular defense to its Sp. Def's levels, and give a nice speed/attack boost, it'll wreck anywho. And hey, iffff they haven't already confirmed it's still psychic / fighting, couuuld it get that fabled Fairy / Fighting shift in mega?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back