• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So today I joined a doubles uu battle as a spectator and was like WTF!How the hell is blaziken-mega,darkrai and deoxys is allowed in doubles uu!
    After that I checked in smogon's dou uu thread and confirmed that ubers and ou's are not allowed!
    Is this an server related issue or I am being just to naive?
    (Would have uploaded a replay of the video but both the players left before any one winning.So couldn't save the replay)

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    So I'm back on track to becoming the ultimate Pokemon master.
    Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    yo this is ultra dead

so what are you guy's first impressions of Zygarde-Puppy form / any of the others

it doesn't look like it will be extremely broken but tbh they only said it was fast and had extremely sharp teeth / jaws (maybe hinting at it having Strong Jaw as an ability). though i could be completely wrong and it could pull a mega altaria and surprise us

Zygarde-Unicron forme (aka 100% i just like naming it after random transformers b/c I mean look at it) looks like it might srsly be the first mon with 900+ bst but idk that would probably get shipped to AG unless it somehow manages to seriously suck

Zygarde-50% is still bland and boring

srinator

Wait is this for real? I thought u were joking about Pokemon z that day fuck lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We don't know if it's really gonna be "Pokemon Z" for sure yet but it's a possibility

But yeah Zygarde 100% is clearly gonna be Ubers

or maybe Game Freak'll lose their minds and make it stronger than Mega Ray

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, we've known that special Primal Groudon has been used to success. I looked through the Ubers analyses thread in Smogon and I found a physical Primal Kyogre set in progress:
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder Wave
    Nature: Adamant/Brave
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
    Item: Blue Orb

Thread for more details

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • i keep losing 2 pokes to hoopa unbound, yet i feel like i never lose to hoopa unbound teams. i feel like this is a microcosm of hoopa unbound's existence in ou.

also, the milwaukee bucks have an interesting squad this year.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I plan to join a local PKMN ORAS tournament in my region, and I am thinking of different ways to counter Megaskhan because that thing is really broken as fudge. (Legendaries aren't allowed in this tourney.)

I wanna know if this little theory of mine will work against it: Imposter Ditto holding a Quick Powder. Will my Ditto become faster than the foe's Megaskhan?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wanna know if this little theory of mine will work against it: Imposter Ditto holding a Quick Powder. Will my Ditto become faster than the foe's Megaskhan?
    Unfortunately it won't. Quick Powder only boosts Ditto's Speed when it's not transformed. There is Scarf Ditto but getting locked into one move may suck at times and iirc Choice items are less effective in doubles.

I will never understand the VGC banlist though

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Unfortunately it won't. Quick Powder only boosts Ditto's Speed when it's not transformed. There is Scarf Ditto but getting locked into one move may suck at times and iirc Choice items are less effective in doubles.

Really? The reason I came up with that theory was because...during the XY era, I was hunting Dittos in the Friend Safari with my level 100 Aegislash. A level 30 Imposter Dittos holding a Quick Powder attacks first before my level 100 Aegislash, so I assumed it would work. o.o

I need more input on this though... I'm kinda not confident with a Will-o-wisp Sableye to cripple Megaskhan. x3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Really? The reason I came up with that theory was because...during the XY era, I was hunting Dittos in the Friend Safari with my level 100 Aegislash. A level 30 Imposter Dittos holding a Quick Powder attacks first before my level 100 Aegislash, so I assumed it would work. o.o

I need more input on this though... I'm kinda not confident with a Will-o-wisp Sableye to cripple Megaskhan. x3
    That's what Bulbapedia says for Quick Powder anyway. Though it also makes it sound like it does work too:
    Bulbapedia's page on Transform said:
    A transformed Pokémon retains its original species for determining if it is boosted by Pokémon-specific stat-enhancing items, with the exception of Metal Powder and Quick Powder, which use the target's species.

Though since Quick Powder doubles Speed and doesn't lock you into one move you'd think that people would be using QP Ditto instead of Scarf Ditto....?

Maybe I should go test this or something....

Years
  • I plan to join a local PKMN ORAS tournament in my region, and I am thinking of different ways to counter Megaskhan because that thing is really broken as fudge. (Legendaries aren't allowed in this tourney.)

You might want to try sableye with prankster or any prankster that can will-o-wisp!I really dont think if using ditto will be a great choice(it might be good :p).Also sableye is an overall good mon which can fulfill multiple roles or only one role eff.!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Are Rain teams a thing now? I seem to run into a lot of them.

Edit: nvm, it's just the bottom ladder being the bottom ladder again. I really can't wait for that day to come, when I get good enough to get out of that area <_<

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Rain's actually still usable in ORAS. It's not as good as it was in Gen V (but weather in general was better then lol), but still not bad.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My Raikou did pretty well against them, though. Also: Choice Scarf Swift Swim Air Slash Mantine new meta {XD}

Reactions: Nah

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Are Rain teams a thing now? I seem to run into a lot of them.

Edit: nvm, it's just the bottom ladder being the bottom ladder again. I really can't wait for that day to come, when I get good enough to get out of that area <_<

Rain is actually pretty good offensive wise, its got stuff like Swampert-Mega, Kabutops, Specs Kingdra, Omastar etc who are all incredibly hard to stop and fast.

Shame Rain Stall is no longer a thing lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back