• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye West

but you can call me great
Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    Are any of my battle logs still archived from when I existed here?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hello~

I wanna ask about Ditto in battles. If one is using an Imposter Ditto in battle, does its IVs, EVs and nature matter if it automatically copies the foe?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Hello~

I wanna ask about Ditto in battles. If one is using an Imposter Ditto in battle, does its IVs, EVs and nature matter if it automatically copies the foe?
    Afaik if you copy a Pokemon with Hidden Power, it doesn't carry over it's type. Instead it checks Ditto's IVs to determine what HP it can use.

Otherwise it just copies the stats of the opponent, including boosts, iirc.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Afaik if you copy a Pokemon with Hidden Power, it doesn't carry over it's type. Instead it checks Ditto's IVs to determine what HP it can use.

Otherwise it just copies the stats of the opponent, including boosts, iirc.

Ah, okay. I was thinking of ways to wreck a Dragon Danced Dragonite or any other dragons though if I fail to stop them from setting up, and I thought that maybe using a Scarfed Imposter Ditto might work.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Hi gang, trying to get back into mons. Can any of you help me complete this set by chance?

Jigglypuff@Night Cap
    - Pound
    - Rollout
    - Rest
    - Double Slap

Basically the idea is to wear down the opponent with double slaps, rollouts, and pounds, and then kill with Rest when they have about 50HP. But never with the other moves. Only Rest. I chose to forgo Sing because it's pretty useless for Rest setups in all honesty and its just easier to kill with it by falling into the enemy really hard (the way elf does to his mom). I feel like it's a pretty strong strat but I was just wondering if any of you had any input. Night Cap supposedly increases the accuracy of Rest so I chose that as her item.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It seems like a lot of people don't know that Scald thaws the user if it got frozen. I've already had it a couple times that my opponent froze my Keldeo and then tried to switch in his win con just to see it die to a Scald.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ngl I kinda forgot that certain moves can thaw a frozen 'mon

it's probably because freeze is a pretty rare status effect

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Ah, Freeze moves are so annoying.

In any competitive team I've had, I've never been sure what status problem I want to inflict, I'm always pretty bad at that.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Ah, Freeze moves are so annoying.

In any competitive team I've had, I've never been sure what status problem I want to inflict, I'm always pretty bad at that.
    So inflict ALL OF THEM. MUAHAHAHA

Or something like that. I'm a big fan of burning the enemy and then burning their pokemon. Yup.

Depends on what your team needs. Toxic is the most straight damage, and is good on teams/sets where it will likely be their only damage source. Burns are effective for crippling Physical attackers, and good if you need some more PDef. I never run W-o-W tho, plenty of burns from spamming Scald, Lava Plume, and the like. Paralysis is good on slow or hax-based teams, as it significantly slows the enemy to let your Band Ferrothorn outspeed them. Sleep Clause is a thing, and Freezes are impossible to get.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    kantoclassic.jpg
    The next Battle Competition has been announced. This is the Kanto Classic. This competition is a Single Battle competition and runs classic rules where you can only use the original 151 Pokémon aside from Mewtwo and Mew and you cannot use items on your Pokémon as well as only using 6 Pokémon. Registration runs from February 25th through March 5th while battles run from March 4th through March 6th. All entrants get a special Dragonite.
    This Dragonite is based on Lance's Dragonite in Red/Green. It is Level 62 with the ability Inner Focus and the moves Agility, Slam, Barrier & Hyper Beam. Before now, it couldn't learn the move Barrier, despite Lance's Dragonite having that move in Red, Green and Blue.

Heheh. Another event 'mon to add to my collection. I am so excited for this. :3

Mosbyyy

MEGA EVO OP!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    I'm so sick of Xerneas using Geomancy + power herb with support Liepard (double battle)
    anyone know how to get rid of those thing, Liepard is so fast and with Frankster + taunt , it's always 1 step ahead me.
    if I used protect then the Xnerneas can Geomancy in one turn and rekt my team
    but if I try to attack the Xerneas, the Liepard will fake out one of my two pokemon and therefore, not enough damage to KO the Xnereas

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    Update: I just find this for pokemon online simulator but you need 2 IP or 2 computers to properly play Vs a bot https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/wiki/Battle-Script-Snippets

I'm a huge fan of PokeCommBot, I tried multiple bots but I think this is the most complete and very funny to play with!!

I don't like competitive battles, I'm a medium experience player, so I prefer having fun by playing against your bot and I find it very challenging and funny for me =)

So I'm here to ask you if I can create my own server and implement PokeCommBot, or even better if is it possible to play offline against it like a pokemon simulator offline in which the player can battle against bots with various metagames (OU, Random battles, Custom games...).

Can you suggest me anything? Thanks a lot!! =)

Pumone.

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm so sick of Xerneas using Geomancy + power herb with support Liepard (double battle)
    anyone know how to get rid of those thing, Liepard is so fast and with Frankster + taunt , it's always 1 step ahead me.
    if I used protect then the Xnerneas can Geomancy in one turn and rekt my team
    but if I try to attack the Xerneas, the Liepard will fake out one of my two pokemon and therefore, not enough damage to KO the Xnereas

Run a Talonflame or Crobat with Quick Guard ;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    1GnAkhq.png

"Popular items"
    >Choice Band
    >Eviolite

plz tell me people don't actually do that

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Reactions: Nah

Sirfetch’d

The new Draco Meteor animations are simply fantastic. I did a few battles with the bot just to see them :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I love how they've been updating the graphical features of Showdown lately

Fusion Bolt looks pretty nice now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back