• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Seeing that makes me want to breed a premier ball johto starter. Now, to head somewhere and find someone who has one.
    That actually does not exist. They are not catchable in the Friend Safari, so can still only be in Poké Balls legally.

I have my 4EM 5IV Heracross. I decided to go for my first intentional 6IV. Despite all the luck when I didn't need it, I now have two males, but not a female.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm gonna start breeding a 5IV Adamant Charmander with Flare Blitz, Dragon Dance, and maybe Outrage. So I can play around with a Mega Zard X for awhile. Kinda wanna do some Battle Maison and Battle Spot again.....

Years
    For all who are wondering about that premier ball johto starter I mentioned... here is a good read....click here

That is also how Aeroblast can breed a luxury ball cyndaquil.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    For all who are wondering about that premier ball johto starter I mentioned... here is a good read....click here

That is also how Aeroblast can breed a luxury ball cyndaquil.

I read that it can only be male, though, so the ball won't pass down anyway.

Do correct me if I'm wrong lol

Also, somewhere along the lines we'd have to verify that the ball type isn't lost. I know during certain trades, special balls become standard PokeBalls; can anyone verify if this is the case for Collisseum trades?

Last edited:
    Years
    I read that it can only be male, though, so the ball won't pass down anyway.

Do correct me if I'm wrong lol

Also, somewhere along the lines we'd have to verify that the ball type isn't lost. I know during certain trades, special balls become standard PokeBalls; can anyone verify if this is the case for Collisseum trades?

step four said to make sure you get a female in colosseums post game

Belldandy

Years
    step four said to make sure you get a female in colosseums post game

Ah, OK. What about the second part? Does a transfer from Collisseum->Gen III through GBA Link post-game retain the ball a Pokemon is caught in, or is it changed to a normal PokeBall?

Not sure if Collisseum is part of that scenario where ball type isn't retained.

Years
    Ah, OK. What about the second part? Does a transfer from Collisseum->Gen III through GBA Link post-game retain the ball a Pokemon is caught in, or is it changed to a normal PokeBall?

Not sure if Collisseum is part of that scenario where ball type isn't retained.

I haven't done it myself but I would assume they retain their ball since people are running around with a few of them. They are very rare though.

VividSpaceRain

Living on the moon.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Breeding a Ninetales female with drought in a premier ball trying to get a female with a calm nature it's not going too well so far (176 eggs later). >_>

Years
    That actually does not exist. They are not catchable in the Friend Safari, so can still only be in Poké Balls legally.

I have my 4EM 5IV Heracross. I decided to go for my first intentional 6IV. Despite all the luck when I didn't need it, I now have two males, but not a female.

Actually it is possible to do so using Pokemon Collosseum

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Actually it is possible to do so using Pokemon Collosseum
    Yeah, they're discussing that above you. I'm reading that now and am like wha? I wonder if Nintendo has recognized them as legit. tho and not as hacks; I certainly wasn't aware of the Colosseum option.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I was successful in my mission for a 6IV female Heracross in a Level Ball. It knows Megahorn, Rock Blast, Seismic Toss...and Focus Punch (Gen. IV TM).

Moving on to a hopefully quicker Eevee project. I just need one female so I can pair Egg Moves.

COME ON DITTO, ONE FEMALE. PLEASE.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was successful in my mission for a 6IV female Heracross in a Level Ball. It knows Megahorn, Rock Blast, Seismic Toss...and Focus Punch (Gen. IV TM).

Moving on to a hopefully quicker Eevee project. I just need one female so I can pair Egg Moves.

COME ON DITTO, ONE FEMALE. PLEASE.
    You might be doin' that for a while, what with Eevee's stupid gender ratio.

I've bred that Charmander I mentioned earlier, so I'm done breeding for now.....until I get another request in my shop.

Years
    I plan to work towards breeding the Pokémon i'll make my Bro for Life in my Anime Style Challenge. What that Pokémon is I won't say, though. (;

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You might be doin' that for a while, what with Eevee's stupid gender ratio.

I've bred that Charmander I mentioned earlier, so I'm done breeding for now.....until I get another request in my shop.
    Actually, the first eleven Eggs I hatched had three females. That's a 3/11 or higher than 25% female ratio. One was junk (wrong ability), one was 4IV, the third was the 5IV.

And I still have a dozen Eggs to hatch.

I think the game is trying to apologize for the 3/78 ratio from before.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I'm currently breeding for a shiny competitive chatot. I haven't decided on the move set yet so it has both Encore and Nasty Plot in it. Boomburst too, but that's 100% going into my chatot's move set.

Belldandy

Years
    Sneasel
    Keen Eye
    (Moon Ball)
    Avalanche
    Fake Out
    Crush Claw
    Feint

Houndour
    Flash Fire
    (Moon Ball)
    Sucker Punch
    Thunder Fang
    Pursuit
    Counter

Houndour
    Early Bird
    (Safari Ball)
    Sucker Punch
    Beat Up
    Destiny Bond
    Reversal

Buizel
    Swift Swim
    (Lure Ball)
    Baton Pass
    Aqua Ring
    Soak
    Switcheroo

Sandshrew
    Sand Veil
    (Safari Ball)
    Night Slash
    Rapid Spin
    Chip Away
    Metal Claw

No particular order. Just finished three different Phanpy and got a Shiny by accident :) 4IV4EM, 31/31/31/31/23/15, Adamant.

Probably won't get this done for a bit, though. Work week starts today lol

Years
    Sneasel
    Keen Eye
    (Moon Ball)
    Avalanche
    Fake Out
    Crush Claw
    Feint

Houndour
    Flash Fire
    (Moon Ball)
    Sucker Punch
    Thunder Fang
    Pursuit
    Counter

Houndour
    Early Bird
    (Safari Ball)
    Sucker Punch
    Beat Up
    Destiny Bond
    Reversal

Buizel
    Swift Swim
    (Lure Ball)
    Baton Pass
    Aqua Ring
    Soak
    Switcheroo

Sandshrew
    Sand Veil
    (Safari Ball)
    Night Slash
    Rapid Spin
    Chip Away
    Metal Claw

No particular order. Just finished three different Phanpy and got a Shiny by accident :) 4IV4EM, 31/31/31/31/23/15, Adamant.

Probably won't get this done for a bit, though. Work week starts today lol

Those are some nice breeding projects you have coming up:)

I think I might revisit route 7 again sometime soon and work in masuda breeding a cyndaquil.....In a timer ball! I have become obsessed with the johto pokemon colosseum balls.
    I have about 10 more besides the 5 I already coming my way sometime soon, so I might hold off until I get one of them in a Premier ball.

Back