• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Megas do you want in Sun and Moon?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • New ME/similar mechanics:
    ME via Bond/Friendship (like Ash-Greninja)
    ME via Time (using Day/Solar or Night/Lunar)

New MEs from previous generations:
    Mega Machamp
    Mega Golem
    Mega Snorlax
    Mega Dragonite
    Mega Meganium
    Mega Typhlosion
    Solar Feraligatr
    Lunar Feraligatr
    Mega Slowking
    Solar Solrock
    Lunar Lunatone
    Mega Luxray
    Mega Froslass
    Mega Leavanny
    Mega Krookodile
    Mega Zoroark
    Mega Bouffalant
    Bond Chesnaught
    Bond Delphox
    Bond Greninja
    Mega Slurpuff
    Mega Hawlucha
    Mega Avalugg

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • New ME/similar mechanics:
    ME via Bond/Friendship (like Ash-Greninja)
    ME via Time (using Day/Solar or Night/Lunar)

New MEs from previous generations:
    Mega Machamp
    Mega Golem
    Mega Snorlax
    Mega Dragonite
    Mega Meganium
    Mega Typhlosion
    Solar Feraligatr
    Lunar Feraligatr
    Mega Slowking
    Solar Solrock
    Lunar Lunatone
    Mega Luxray
    Mega Froslass
    Mega Leavanny
    Mega Krookodile
    Mega Zoroark
    Mega Bouffalant
    Bond Chesnaught
    Bond Delphox
    Bond Greninja
    Mega Slurpuff
    Mega Hawlucha
    Mega Avalugg
    Problem with the speculative ME mechanics you just detailed is how they can be used in competitive, and would they really work in game? In terms of in-game gameplay the "Bond" ME could essentially work, but the fact that it would be limited to such a small number of Pokemon is kind of plot-holish in nature. I mean, why can't other Pokemon be ME from "Bond"? Why can't the character essentially love his Shuckle enough to have it ME into a want-a-bee Blastoise? The Lunar/Solar ME is also kind of wack as well. Clearly there would have to be Stat/Type differences between the two (Such as you Solar Feraligator and Lunar Feraligator) and this would create and awkward feel in game. What if a player only wants to play Lunar Feraligator? Would he have to change his/her clock just to play it or would he/she have to only play at night..? This also would cause issues in the competitive scene because most of the official tournaments take place during the Day, so this would render any Lunar ME useless despite being a huge mechanic in the game if it were implemented. Same goes for the Bond ME, because it seems (from the Anime) that no Mega Stone is required. giving a huge advantage to that Pokemon being able to hold another stat boosting item alongside them already being ME.

Now I'm not trying to bash on you or anything, infact I would like to see something a long the Bond ME be implemented into the game. Perhaps they can pull what they did with the Spiky-Eared Pichu and just have it Non-Tradable and Non-Battleable (I believe those were the restraints, correct me if I'm wrong) and keep it to an in-game event type of deal. However they would not be able to implement this into the actual story of the game itself because GF seems to encourage players to engage in Trades/Battles and most of the younger audience tends to hop right online with their In-Game team and continue with their in game team into the post-game.
    Spoiler:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Johto, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos starter Mega Evolutions, first and foremost. Mega Flygon too - I mean it's been on the drawing board since XY's development, so GameFreak have had plenty of time to think of one. No more excuses, Mega Flygon or bust.

Years
  • Mega johto starters. Also, it would be a good idea to see more mega evolutions on Pokemon with trade evolution like Golem, Machamp or maybe Magmortar,Electivire,Rhyperior. I hope that more pokemon from sinnoh will get mega evolutions too.
    Last but not least, mega evolutions for fossil pokemon like Rampardos,Kabutops or Tyrantrum.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • Aside from the obvious (Mega Starters, Pesudos, Solrock/Lunatone and remaining counterparts like Milotic, Machamp and Froslass). I'd like to see Megas for Arcanine/Ninetales, Deoxys, Staraptor, Magnezone, Krookodile, Bisharp, Lilligant, Haxorus and Barbaracle.

Another thing I want is some changes/balancing for the Megas, like fixing Mega Garchomp's speed, changing Mega Houndoom's ability and nerfing Parental Bond.

Years
  • Confirmed Megas

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    Oh boy, this is gonna be a long list:

From the Kanto region:

Arbok
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen/NidoKing
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Persian
    Golduck
    Rapidash
    Dewgong
    Cloyster
    Lapras
    Kabutops

Top picks:
    Parasect, Kabutops, Nidoqueen, and Sandslash.

From the Johto region:

Ariados
    Xatu
    Mantine

From the Hoenn region:
    Masquerain
    Shedinja
    Seviper
    Solrock/Lunatune (Ofc i'd like them to get regular evolutions more, but if that doesn't work then..)
    Cradily
    Milotic
    Tropius

From the Sinnoh region:
    Luxray
    Vespiquen
    Drifblem
    Mismagius
    Lumineon
    Electivire
    Magmortar
    Tangrowth
    Froslass

From the Unova region:
    Meinshao

From the Kalos region:
    Can't think of any.

I know 90% of those wont get one, but it'll be fun to see how many of those pokes get a mega evo when the game comes out.

& i know i prolly misspelled some names so, pardon me.

Years
  • I would love to have mega versions for some of the eeveelutions. I think a mega vaporeon or espeon would be awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Johto starters. They deserve Mega Evolutions more than anything else. Given they're average now, I'd imagine they'd be pretty good competitively too. But unfortunately I can't see a story tie-in where this could possibly happen.
    Kalos Mons deserve megas. Mega Goodra... Hmmmmm. Mega Talonflame would be wild.
    I think Mega Talonflame might be way too overpowered. Consider that it is amazing already (re: attack and speed), if it is given any more defense it would be pretty unstoppable. I'm sure it would look amazing but realistically I don't think any competitive world is ready for THAT power.
    I would love to have mega versions for some of the eeveelutions. I think a mega vaporeon or espeon would be awesome.
    Yeah but if you do that every evolution is gonna need a mega. That's eight new megas right off the bat (possibly nine if there's a new type/new Eeveelution). It would be awesome yeah but I think for Eevee's evolutions everything has to be balanced, and only giving a few Mega evolutions would feel wrong.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Confirmed: Mega Volcarona just becomes the sun.

Okay, really serious here. I think Mega Volcarona would be cool. Same with Mega Hydreigon. And I think Arceus could be one of the rare Pokémon with two Megas. Honestly, there's a lot of Pokémon I'd like to have get Megas... Lots of people already brought up the Johto starters, who I think should be the next set of starters to get Megas, too. Oh yeah and Mega Raichu, that needs to happen.

(Also, Primal Regigigas when?)

Years
  • Yeah but if you do that every evolution is gonna need a mega. That's eight new megas right off the bat (possibly nine if there's a new type/new Eeveelution). It would be awesome yeah but I think for Eevee's evolutions everything has to be balanced, and only giving a few Mega evolutions would feel wrong.

I disagree. I think Pokemon could give only a few of the Eeveelutions a mega evolution to start. Although I do agree that eventually they would all need them. Or maybe just Eevee should have one.

I like your idea of a new Eeveelution, I think we're at that point where we should have one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Johto starters are a given.. I'd also like to see Raichu get some love.. poor thing always gets swept under the rug by Pikachu.. seriously..at higher levels Raichu trumps the hell out of it.. Likeclock work on every playthrough I've ever done I've always evovled my Pikachu at level 50.. Because after that.. Light ball no longer makes a difference.. Why is Raichu so neglected ;~; It would also be nice to see megas for the Eeveelutions

kingkaiultraron

kingkaiultraron
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I think all the Pokemon who evolve with the sun and moon stone will mega evolve Mega Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Delcatty (Maybe it will get a better ability), Musharna, Bellossom, Sunflora, Whimsicott, Lilligant and Heliolisk.
    Also megas for the counterpart pokemon like mega Slowking, Butterfree, Golem, Machamp.
    Also Solrock and Lunatone.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I expect Mismagius and Honchkrow to get megas both use the Dusk stone and Dusk is tied to the Moon, Dawn is tied to Sun, Gallade already got his Mega in ORAS this leave only Froslass for the Dawn Stone. Aegislash and Chandelure are potential megas since both of them also need the Dusk Stone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    I think the 2nd gen starters will be given out in 7th gen similar to how the 1st gen starter were given out in 6th gen. So I am expecting them to get Megas. Plus either way the new region already seems tropical, and the Johto starters are the most tropical looking imo.

I also would like to see:
    Mega Beartic
    Mega Pangoro
    Mega Walrein

Just because they are really intimidating and cool looking but are kind of bad and always forgotten about.

Back