• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Megas do you want in Sun and Moon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Hey all,

First of all, I made a quick video on this if anyone's interested

I really want less 'establised' Pokémon and more Pokémon who are lagging stat wise.

Years
    Some Kalos Pokemon for Mega Candidates would be nice. I was thinking of Mega Pangoro, Mega Goodra, or a Mega Pyroar. I don't know how it would turn out, but a Mega Furfrou would be cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Mega Dragonite and Mega Hydreigon are good candidates for Megas seeing how we got 2 Psuedo megas in XY, and another 2 in OrAs. Then whatever follows SM can have Mega Goodra and the Alola Pseudo, or Mega Slaking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Hopefully we get Johto starters mega.

Kalos Megas: Aromatisse and Heliolisk.

Unova Megas: Whimsicott, Cofagrigus, Scolipede and Conkeldurr.

Sinnoh Megas: Mismagius, Honchkrow, Froslass, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Probopass, Weavile and Ambipom.

Johto Megas: Jumpluff, Politoed, Bellossom, Sudowoodo, Granbull, Miltank and Mamoswine.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd guess that the main focus would be on Unova and Kalos Megas since each only have one with other Regions having 5+ each. If Mega Evolution isn't the main focus of these games then the total count could be significantly less than that of Generation VI.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hmm. I do not remember if I have posted here or not. But currently I want 2 sets of starters to get megas. Johto and Sinnoh right now. I also would like to see Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno to get Megas. And I think we will get a Lugia Mega or Primal with Lugia being the only legendary on Ash's side in the Hoopa movie who couldn't Mega evolve. It would be amazing to have a sequel to Pokemon 2000 in Sun and Moon, especially with the region most likely going to include islands, and so far, every single island chain in pokemon history, other than the Decolora Islands, has had Lugia in them. Orange Islands, Whirl Islands, Sevi Islands. All have had Lugia.

I would also like to see a hand full of Unova Megas. Namely Krokodile and Vanilluxe. Making Vanillux part Fairy.

And although Dunsparce is a pokemon that needs some love, it needs to evolve first. A Mega Dunsparce isn't going to help it at all. It would be labeled as one of the weakest Mega Evolutions and no one will use still. it needs an evolution first. Sometimes I think people forget that a Mega only adds 100 to the base stats. This would also repeat exactly what a lot of people didn't like last time. Pokemon who could have had another normal evolution, got thrown under the bus and just gave them a Mega instead.

I don't know why Audino even got a Mega to begin with. The Mega Audino would have been an amazing evolution for it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    As long as Jynx and Farfetch'd don't get megas, I'm okay. They deserve a evolution than a mega.

just because pseudo-legendaries megas are a thing, my gess is that Dragonite and Hydreigon will be the next ones.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As long as Jynx and Farfetch'd don't get megas, I'm okay. They deserve a evolution than a mega.

just because pseudo-legendaries megas are a thing, my gess is that Dragonite and Hydreigon will be the next ones.

I am thinking Dragonite and Raichu for sure with this being the 20th Ann. They probably are having problems creating a Dragonite Mega similar to how they had trouble with Flygon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hmm. I do not remember if I have posted here or not. But currently I want 2 sets of starters to get megas. Johto and Sinnoh right now. I also would like to see Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno to get Megas. And I think we will get a Lugia Mega or Primal with Lugia being the only legendary on Ash's side in the Hoopa movie who couldn't Mega evolve. It would be amazing to have a sequel to Pokemon 2000 in Sun and Moon, especially with the region most likely going to include islands, and so far, every single island chain in pokemon history, other than the Decolora Islands, has had Lugia in them. Orange Islands, Whirl Islands, Sevi Islands. All have had Lugia.

I would also like to see a hand full of Unova Megas. Namely Krokodile and Vanilluxe. Making Vanillux part Fairy.

And although Dunsparce is a pokemon that needs some love, it needs to evolve first. A Mega Dunsparce isn't going to help it at all. It would be labeled as one of the weakest Mega Evolutions and no one will use still. it needs an evolution first. Sometimes I think people forget that a Mega only adds 100 to the base stats. This would also repeat exactly what a lot of people didn't like last time. Pokemon who could have had another normal evolution, got thrown under the bus and just gave them a Mega instead.

I don't know why Audino even got a Mega to begin with. The Mega Audino would have been an amazing evolution for it.
    That's right, even it's appearance in Hoenn (OrAS (Navel Rock is in the Sevii islands irc so I'm not counting Emerald for that reason)) fits the pattern of it appearing in islands.

Yeah, the only one it worked for was Mawile, the rest of the Pokemon with low to average stats weren't very good even after a Mega. And as you said Mega Audino shouldn't have been it's Mega, but a normal evolution, it would've fit well since it's a Blissey clone.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    MEGA BELLOSSOM

I cannot stress this enough. From being a Sun Stone evolution, to being based on a HULA GIRL, it would seem fitting for it to be introduced here...

I can see it being Grass/Fairy or maybe even Poison/Fairy to actually compensate its disadvantage against Vileplume.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Yes!! Mega Ninetales and Arcanine for sure!
    I would love to see a Mega Milotic, Mega Flygon, mega Rampardos, Mega Nidoking, Mega Nidoqueen, Mega Froslass and Mega Shedinja as well!

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    At the end of the day, I don't really care. Of course, I have ones that I'd like to see, but I really couldn't care less who does/doesn't get a mega.

That said though, I'd love to get mega Togekiss and Snorlax, as well as the Johto starters (honestly, Johto starters are really the only ones I'm opinionated about, I really want them). I'd also be really happy if they trolled everyone by not giving Lunatone/Solrock/Espeon/Umbreon/etc a mega. I'd just like to see some more obscure Pokemon get megas - Slowbro and Kangaskhan are two of my favorites megas, I'd love for more forgettable Pokemon to get them and become relevant again.

Back