• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's in the egg? [Possible spoiler warning]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    A chicken

For those who don't know Ash recently got an egg from the day care lady. This thread is to discuss what you think is in it.

A lot of people think meguroko because of the 20th(?) episode leaks, but I think that meguroko is the one with the sunglasses, since it recently appeared again in BW 12, he/she will probably take it's sunglasses off when it joins Ash (Like Squirtle, that is if he does get it)

But thats a whole different story.

My guesses are Yooterii.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Honestly, I think its Zurrugu and it's going to be like the whole Misty Togepi thing. I mean like at this point it either had to be a Baby Meguroco or Sunglasses Meguroco. Also remember Iris/Dentou in the same vein have to get Zurrugu. (Most likely Iris because A. It's seen in her hair B. It's a reference to a dragon (it's a lizard that's in the dragon breeding group).

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Along with the episode sketch leaks, there are some pokemon toys that are coming out this month (I think) that include a Meguroco along with the rest of Ash's party. That's the main reason I believe the egg is a Meguroco.Though now I'm hoping it's a complete surprise and something totally unexpected.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • As much as I would like for Ash to hatch the egg and keep the Pokémon in it, a repeat of what happened to Misty and Togepi seems likely. Zuruggu seems more so possible than Meguroko after making a second appearance in the show.

I'm curious, maybe I missed something, but there are a few people speculating it might be Yooterri; why?

Years
  • I think we're going to see a naughty little Zurrugu in the future. Iris is seen standing next to one in those old scan leaks. After Zuruggu hatches from the egg it will notice Iris. How could it not notice that insane hair? Thinking she's its mother, Zurrugu will refuse to be Ash's Pokemon. In the end, Ash will be cheated out of yet another egg Pokemon. Either that or Iris will capture the Meguroco who has the shades, who will demand to be with Ash. Remember how it was latching on to Ash's leg in those those old leaks? This will encourage Ash and Iris to trade Zurrugu and Meguroco. The problem with this theory is that this Meguroco doesn't seem like it would show that much affection.

My second guess is that it's just a Meguroco, who will be rivals with the one we have right now. Boring

Last edited:

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • there are some pokemon toys that are coming out this month (I think) that include a Meguroco along with the rest of Ash's party.

I posted this pic somewhere before but here it is now so others can see it.

I am assuming the egg is Meguroco unless Ash captures the sunglasses Meguroco that keeps appearing.

I know for SURE ash will get a Meguraco.

EDIT: Found some more proof ash will have a Meguroco either from the egg(i think) or the sunglasses one.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I posted this pic somewhere before but here it is now so others can see it.

I am assuming the egg is Meguroco unless Ash captures the sunglasses Meguroco that keeps appearing.

I know for SURE ash will get a Meguraco.

EDIT: Found some more proof ash will have a Meguroco either from the egg(i think) or the sunglasses one.
    Spoiler:
    Although, that seems like such solid proof, im still gonna go with the Sunglasses theory, the egg paterns don't really fit if you ask me either, I think they would have added a stripe or something, it's always usually pretty obvious.

Another theory, they could pull a togepi - remember the togepi egg was supposed to be Ash's but Misty eventually ended up getting it, maybe it will hatch into Zuruggu and because Ash has a full team (adding with the sunglasses Meguroco) he could give it to Iris (Hence why it's seen in the leaks with her.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am going to go with the Egg hatches, comes out to be Zuruggu, then choses Iris instead of Ash theory. Then Ash gets sunglasses Meguroco, either way I envision Ash owning a Meguroco at some point in time.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hmmm... I don't feel it's too late to place my bets, but I think this egg's gonna be a Megacroc (romanized~)

Besides, the yellow on Zugguru is definitely different than the yellow on the egg. >__> In fact, I can't even believe people think the egg will be Zugguru

Years
  • I think we have more than enough proof that a Meguroco is going to hatch out of the egg? Bah, that may not be true; but Ash will have a Meguroco before BW episode 20.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think we have more than enough proof that a Meguroco is going to hatch out of the egg? Bah, that may not be true; but Ash will have a Meguroco before BW episode 20.
    Some people even when the answer is obvious or overwhelmingly apparent, don't believe it as enough proof until they see it first hand. I think the reason people are still speculating this is because of the appearance of Sunglasses Meguroco. Before that it seemed to be hands down that the egg would be Meguroco, instead of Zuruggu. Either way it turns out it will be an interesting outcome. At the end of the day Ash has Meguroco imo be in Sunglasses or the Egg.

Years
  • I think Ash will catch the Meguroco with the glasses. The colors matches the colors of Yooterri perfectly ,so my guesses are on Yooterri and that Dento get it. I don't think this is true, but it can also be a pokemon of another generation. Or that they decide that in this season all the eggs look the same. Then it can be every pokemon. (but I doubt that all the eggs look the same now)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I'm glad that we can't tell from the pattern, because for once, something in the anime isn't predictable! My guess would be Zuruggu because the colours match the most accurately, and that the wild Meguroko breaks it's glasses (that gives it confidence, hence the shy look in the scans).

But then there's something about Ash getting Kurumiru, so I don't really know what to make of that. Either way, it looks like Ash will definitely have reserves in this series, which I consider a good thing :)

Back