• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's with the hate towards Flareon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Beside the absolutely stupid idea of dealing with what's on Facebook...
    Flareon's best physical move is Fire Fang. That means it can't really use a physical attacking set, since if it got Flare Blitz, it could combine that with Guts and a Toxic Orb and hit extremely hard (though not as hard as Darmanitan). If Flareon got Flare Blitz, I'm sure it would go RU or even BL2.
    ^This

Flareon IS absolutely useless in competitive battling because it doesn't have Flare Blitz to work with its awesome attack.
    And its stats are also the reason why it was hated before P/S split.
    Because it was useless in the first 3 generations as all Fire moves were special.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    Flareon can also learn Superpower through a move tutor, that's 120 Base Power iirc....There's also Iron Tail with 100 BP...Haters gonna hate they just spend too much time thinking about Stats and Movepools

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I like flareon, but he's mostly useless when battling competitively. The haters must be huge vaporeon/jolteon fans. Those are the main two when battling competitively as well I think.

Silais

That useless reptile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I think people dislike Flareon a bit more than the other Eeveelutions because it's a physical fire-type, while most fire-type moves are special. I've always like Flareon, but it's not exactly that useful in-game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Considered the coolest of the early eeveelutions, ironically the weakest/least useful.

(Personally liked Vaporeon forever tho)

Years
    Nobody really "hates" flareon. That being said, it has a **** movepool like most other Eeveelutions, except a lot of others that are actually good have either good ability, like Espeon, or moves that they can actually use. Flareon has none of any skills that it can use its high attack to its advantage, therefore it's not as popular.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
    Because it doesn't have Flare Blitz.
    That's it.
    That's the only real reason.

It's as cute as the rest.
    It's practically as good as the rest.
    It's from the first generation which everyone loooooves. ('cept me, since I didn't grow up with Charizard I grew up with Chimchar Duckletts!)

So because it doesn't have Flare Blitz is a perfectly good reason to hate Flareon.
    Or at least it's the only reason I've heard...

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
    Years
    I think Flareon is adorable :3 But yeah it has a terrible moveset especially if the First Gen. games and their remakes. Unless you get the TM for Fire Blast early on it's not very good sadly :P

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Maybe Flareon could abuse something like Fire Gem Fire Fang / Blast or something in NU on an offensive set, but I've heard it's only good as a supporter.

This thing really needs Flare Blitz or at least a 80 base power physical Fire-type move.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I'm currently using Flareon on my Black 2 play through, it really owns with that Attack stat, it has respectable Special Attack too but my Flareon's nature hinders it, so I stick with physical moves. I use Flame Charge to speed up on the first go, then Fire Fang. I also have Dig to counter weaknesses and Strength as the HM move... I really only need to use Flame Charge and it can OHKO pretty much anything with mediocre defense!

However it can be a wrecking ball in the competitive field with Flare Blitz, hopefully this next Gen will do it justice and give it a powerful physical move.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, no doubt Flareon misses a good physical STAB. It would make an immense mixed sweeper if it had one - everyone seems to forget 95 base Special Attack is still pretty good. In fact, I kinda like that I have to use a special STAB such as Flamethrower - makes Superpower less of a hindrance.

Definitely the cutest Eeveelution too.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Flareon does NOT need Flare Blitz. With recoil and low HP he would die quickly regardless.

The reason he's bad is because he's outclassed by his fellow 1st gen brethren. Arcanine is godly and Rapidash is faster. People don't see it but GF gave him boosts every gen. 4th gen they gave him Superpower and 5th gen they gave him Guts. The problem is that he's slow and frail and will always live in the shadow of Arcanine. He hits hard enough with Fire Blast. It would be nice if he had Flare Blitz but it wouldn't make him more used anyway since Arcanine and Darmanitan are superior all around.

He's not the worst, though. That award goes to Glaceon IMO.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    You should like your favorite pokemon regardless of how good they are in battle, or whether others hate them. Keep loving Flareon, dude.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
    I'm an Eevee fan. Anyone who says Flareon is "good for nothing" has made a very powerful enemy out of me. I have a Flareon named Lady who is my main Fire Type Pokemon.

You say you don't like Flareon, you will be consumed by my Flareon's fires.

*~Maelstrom~*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back