• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's with the hate towards Flareon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
    Years
    While I have never really used Flareon in the games, so I have no idea about its battling capabilities. Besides, I don't give a crap about that competitive area anyways.

I do like Flareon's design, it is just so poofy, it makes me want to cuddle it!

Why would someone go around making a Facebook hate page about a fictional creature?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    While I have never really used Flareon in the games, so I have no idea about its battling capabilities. Besides, I don't give a crap about that competitive area anyways.

I do like Flareon's design, it is just so poofy, it makes me want to cuddle it!

Why would someone go around making a Facebook hate page about a fictional creature?
    Because s/he is so immature that s/he can't tell the difference between reality & fanasty?

Personally, I love Flareon... I love ALL the evolutions of Eevee...
    & I think a mega evolution would help more than a good physical fire attack...

In fact, I'd like to see Eevee to be able to evolve into any type (expect a normal evolution, as that would be... plain.) & all the evolutions to get mega evolutions...

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I never understood the hate for Eevee Evolutions. They aren't powerhouses but you can make them useful in your own way.

@Alex, maybe Nintendo would be so kind and give Eevee Evolutions some Mega forms. Who knows? Then Flareon and maybe the others can shine again.

Years
    I love Flareon and all of the other Eevee evolutions. They are way too adorable. My favorite is Espeon though. I used a Flareon in my storyline team on SoulSilver and he did a good job. Sure he's not the best for the big competitive battles, but that's no reason to hate the poor thing. If all the pokémon were great at the competitive battles then the game would be too easy. Bashing a pokémon for not being uber is silly and shows that one isn't a true Pokémon fan.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Flareon is hated for it's lack of Speed while with not so impressive S.A and high on Attack -- Fire-type moves were categorized as Special back in the days, obviously he has less benefits with those stats. As Gen 4 splits the category of moves by the moves itself, Flareon became a little better than before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't know why some people dislike Flareon, but I honestly love it. ^^ It's filled with adorableness, and it always makes me want to pat its fluffy head every time I see it. Its eyes are so cute, that you'd feel as if you were hypnotized just by looking at them! Competitively, Flareon is not such a bad Pokémon. It could be a valuable asset to any of your NU team. It may not have good Defense, Speed, or HP, but it has an excellent Attack and Special Defense. It could survive a lot of turns when facing special-attacking foes such as Gardevoir and Ampharos. Plus, has access to a lot of useful moves such as Superpower, Wish, and Flame Charge. With Superpower, it's able to take out few of the most common NU Pokémon like Ursaring and Lickilicky. Flame Charge enable it to defeat many grass-types in a single hit while also raising its Speed stat at the same time. And with Wish, Flareon can stay healthy enough to keep itself moving.

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    I personally love Flareon (and all the Eeveelutions). Actually, it might be my second favorite (or my third, I'm not sure).

People who hate on it are probably into the competitive battling scene, but that's been said already. I only know a bit about that kinda thing, so I'm basing it off of its looks, and I personally think Flareon is really cute and awesome!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I'd very much like to hear some arguments here. Jolteon has over 100 Special Attack making him capable of OHKOing many Pokemon with his Thunderbolt and you should note that electric type has not many weaknesses (that is: one). Moreover, Jolteon has 130 speed. He may not be too resistant, but a 525 stat total kicks the butts.

Vaporeon is very durable and has high Special Attack too. Ice beam and Surf and he can do much. That's not alike any garbage I've seen.

Flareon has 130 attack. Come on! Machamp has 130 Attack. Dragonite has 134. Freaking difference. COME ON!
    Also Flareon has 110 Special Defence. Sunny Day makes him anti-water fire Pokemon (in I-III gen at least). In generations IV and over he can use his fire-type stab with his 130 attack.

I really don't get this arguments of yours. Flareon is hated because of his low Defense and not much HP and that's because you need to be a good player to overcome such cons of a Pokemon and you rarely see one. Poor movepool is a challange, not a disadvantage. Get your facts straight.

I just can't stand people hating Pokemon for them being weak in any way. And it's just too often that they do.

Yeah, but Flareon has a terrible movepool. You said that Flareon has 130 attack, but fire fang and flame charge are the only moves that support this, because most of his fire moves are special, and flame charge is kinda bad, so fire fang is his only good fire time move. Even so, firefang only has 65 power, and isn't available to Flareon until gen 4.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm sure someone already answered your question so I'm just going to skip ahead and say even though everyone hates on Flareon I love it. It's always been my favorite Eeveelution and I enjoy using it. The last time I raised one was in soulsilver and its movepool was horrendous, so I pray for its sake it got a little better, but I'm guessing maybe not so much

Years
    Yeah, but Flareon has a terrible movepool. You said that Flareon has 130 attack, but fire fang and flame charge are the only moves that support this, because most of his fire moves are special, and flame charge is kinda bad, so fire fang is his only good fire time move. Even so, firefang only has 65 power, and isn't available to Flareon until gen 4.
    Welcome to PC, Yustaboy!

While we appreciate your post, this thread hasn't been active for a long time now, and you're responding to someone that posted over 3 years ago. Generally, any threads that haven't been posted in for over a month are considered inactive, and shouldn't be bumped. Just be careful going forward of how old a thread is before posting in it, and if you see an inactive thread you'd still like to discuss, feel free to make a new thread instead. Hope to see you around!

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back