• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your nickname?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • What's your nickname, and how did you get it? Do you like it/want people to call you by it?

My nick name is Sprite. It pretty much just came from me using the name Lemony Lime online all the time... pretty boring lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My aunty gave me the nick name "Boozie" (the oo sounding as it does in "book", not "booze", so it has no alcoholic connotations) when I was a baby and ever since my mother has called me "Boozie Boy."

I don't mind it, I'm used to it now. I do wish she wouldn't say it in front of other people though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My nickname is "Matt" (a shortening of my real name). I was also called "Mr. Magoo" a few times in my childhood.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • If this was online nicknames, I'd be Zappy and Tripp. Zappy short for zappyspiker and Tripp was a name one of my online friends gave me.

Somehow it's gotten to real life too, some of my RL friends call me Tripp and some call me Nina which is short for my full name

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Nick. Because I told people to stop calling Nature, they started calling me Nick. And it's a pretty cool name, well at least nickname for me.

Years
  • What is your nickname? The Overlord.

How did you get it? Because of the way I dress, my demeanor, the way I interact with people and the fact that a lot of people who know me, agree that I have qualities which make me suited to be an Overlord.

Do you like it/want people to call you by it? Hell yeah.

Years
  • Well online i've picked the name James because i like that name better than my real name and my close friends call me Davie because its cuter than my actual name \o/

As for irl my family calls me Day Day because when i was younger i couldn't say my full name properly and thats what my first name turned into when i tried to say it.
    I hate it D: they always make sure they call me it in front of people I'm trying to make a good impression on >.<

Ayselipera

Malzies, Mal, Mall, Mal-Mal, Mowie, Mallaurie, Malz, and Mallokee. People always just recreate my name into a nickname. I'm not completely sure why seeing as I'm never like, "Oh hey my name's Mallory, but you can call me ___!"

I don't mind though and I'm not sure where they all came from. One person would just start saying one of them and then it would end up catching on with everyone I know.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • My name's Kelsey, so people just call me Kels. I don't really care though, only a couple of people call me that. One kid though in elementary school called me KK, which was kinda weird. x)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    My name's Kelsey, so people just call me Kels. I don't really care though, only a couple of people call me that. One kid though in elementary school called me KK, which was kinda weird. x)

Yeah, not too much can be made out of Kelsey :) I had two people call me Katie in middle school and high school. One person even called me Nicole because "I looked like one" ha.

My name being Kelsey doesn't really give people room to be creative. My closest friends call me Kels, some people call me Kelz, Kel-c, or even just plain Kel.

online I guess Kyoko is my only nickname, and it's not even a real nickname :| just my username.

I like being called Kels though :)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    My nickname in RL is Marc. It's not my name, but I play basketball, and all my teammates say I look like this NBA player named Marc Gasol.

I just go with it, I don't mind. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    My family calls me Harold, I don't really remember why but it's a cool name and I like it.

Sometimes at school I'm referred to as the Nerd Queen... Cause I get really good grades, and I dress like a nerd. xD Yes, I like it. It's a pretty awesome nickname.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Cricket and Richmond. Cricket was a family nickname growing up (think that's bad, they still call my older sister "Goose"). Richmond came a few years ago during a trip to Richmond, VA where I attained - or, rather, stumbled into - an epic level of inebriation with some friends.

It used to bother me when my family called me Cricket in public, but now I don't mind anymore. It's endearing.

Cilan

- all yours -
    Years
  • Anna is the name everyone knows me as, given to me by myself as a substitute for Savannah because I don't particularly like it. My IRL friends & family tend to just shorten that to Sav. I don't really care much about that one, I guess. I definitely prefer Anna though.

whoa I should really pay attention to what account I'm using. xD;

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Online Nickname (s): I get called Gal most of the time online, instead of my full username. I also sometimes get called Galux because of my username being related to an anime character.

Offline Nicknames: I always get called "Smoochum" by my Dad because well... waaayy back years ago, I use to get called it at school by my friends, so he's taking advantage of it. I also have my first name as a Nickname in a way too.

I find it bloody annoying when he calls me that though :<

Back