• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
Years
  • as the title states whats your favorite game,diamond,platinum,or pearl? I happen to like platinum because it has more features than the others and its just good. which do you like?

Strout

is a battle mage
    Years
  • My favorite is Platinum. Actually, Platinum is my overall favorite game. I like Platinum mostly because I LOVEEE Sinnoh. And Platinum has the most features after the E4.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Platinum is my favorite among D/P/Pt because it has an improved storyline, graphics and new locations, particularly the Distortion World.

Lil'QD

#1 Pokemon Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • I love Diamond it was my first pokemon on DS and i love Soul silver because it had 2nd on DS.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Until Lil'QD I was going to say, "I'm sure all people would want to pick Platinum!" But nah. Oh well, I would pick Platinum. Definitely not my favorite region, but I like the third add-on to every region. Always has more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Platinum for the expanded story line that develops the character of Cyrus more than in the other two games. And the added features of re-challenging Gym Leaders and the strengthened Elite Four.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • platinum has all the extras!:)that what makes it better,I mean there all the same price(maybe).

Years
  • I like pearl better,it has been my most lucky Pokemon game, and i definitely love Palkia better, but the lack of an egg trade is not very pleasant.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Diamond, mainly because it was the first Gen.IV game I got. Plus, diamonds are way better than pearls...and platinum. :P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Platinum. The only thing that would make it better is being able to catch Growlithe without a FR cartridge. Other than that, it's got alot of my favorite pokemon in it (Infernape, Weavile, Gallade, Scizor) (DP did not have Gallade and Scizor)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Platinum would have to be my favorite out of the three. I've restarted the game at least 5 times already. The reason why I prefer Platinum better then Diamond and Pearl is because you get to get the Pokemon early instead of having to wait until you get the National dex like I was able to get Rotom and Eevee earlier in the game. I also liked how the gym leaders were a bit harder then the ones in Diamond and Pearl.

Years
  • Platinum game is my favorite. This game is my favorite because i like all the feature of this game. Platinum game is my all time favorite.

Years
  • I have Diamond,and i like it, but i prefers PT, is more cool, and are some design that are very awesome

Kishoru Zera

伝説のファイター
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    I considered Pokemon Platinum why?? it has new version and cool features..

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    Platinum would be my favorite as well. Because there are so many pokemon you can get before you beat the elite four and after there are several that come around that pearl and diamond don't have. Like the birds and the regis (if you have a TRU regigigas.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Though I usually don't like 3rd versions, Platinum is better, imo. Storyline length, Battle Frontier, Move Tutors, Revamped Elite Four, and nicer interface in battle and with the Poketch are only a few reasons why I prefer Platinum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pearl. Only one I've played, though I don't exactly "like" it as a whole. :(

Back