• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
Years
  • I honestly liked Pearl the most *shot*

Playing through the first time was fun, and I had a boatload of hours on there before restarting it recently.
    Platinum, while nice, just felt like there wasn't enough to have me enjoy it like how I enjoyed Pearl. The alternate forms could only be used in-game, and the other additions just felt somewhat out of place (Mainly the roaming Kanto birds). The Battle Frontier was probably the largest, replayable addition, and even then, Pearl just felt like more of a new experience and a better playthrough.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I would say my favorite game is Pearl because that was my first 4th Gen game and I was happy with it. When I tried playing platinum, it just felt weird and different compared to Platinum. I guess Platinum is a better game, but I'm just used to Pearl.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I would have to say pokemon platinum for me because of the revamp in the world plus the graphics are much better.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Pearl was the first main-story Pokemon game I ever owned. I loved it. I was unsure to get Platinum at first since I knew it was just a faster version of Pearl, why bother? But then I got it just to see how great the frontier was, and to enjoy the faster gameplay and the Torn World. Now I like Platinum so much more than Pearl simply because of the improvements...I can't even play through Pearl anymore, even if I restart it. :P

Years
  • I think it would have to be Pearl because I bought it most recently and I'm playing it at the moment.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Platinum, because it had a bigger storyline, better graphics and I always like the third game better, because it always has new stuff and more story line is revealed.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • yeah, platinum has more features and game play. You can also get palkia and dialga in this while in diamond and pearl, i think u can only get 1 of them

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Pearl was my favorite. It was the first game I bought and played through a zillion times. When I got Platinum I completely switched teams. Platinum is so much better. I love the climate change and the Distortion World. [:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Platinum, more adventure and I loved exploring the improved Sinnoh region. I almost put down Diamond because it was fun for me to go back and expierence the original. Im just weird like that.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Platinum because of the slightly improved 3D and of course the addition of the Battle Frontier. Plus the improved Pokedex Platinum brought along with it so you can get Pokemon like Electivire before you get the national dex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I really enjoyed Pearl since it was the first Gen 4 game I got, but now that I've given more attention to my Platinum cartridge I'm loving it just a bit more. It seems there's more to do after the E4 and I like the Battle Frontier section a lot more than in Diamond or Pearl. And Distortion World and Giratina were nice additions. I have yet to catch Palkia or Dialga in Platinum, but I look forward to getting both rather than just the one. (=

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • platinum. its more improved compared to diamond and pearl, not to mention the story is much better (and the addition of the battle frontier) plus it gives you the ability to capture both dialga and palkia.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I would have picked Platinum because it's better than D/P JUST because it's an extended version.. But I don't have it. I have only Diamond xD so Diamond.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I happen to like Pokemon Platinum, it has the total package of Pearl and Diamond. xD

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • Platinum. The fixes, improvement and added content were all greatly appreciated this time around. Diamond and Pearl battles felt alittle slower and surfing was god awful. One of the main reason I perfer Platinum though is the added Pokemon before National dex, specifically Houndour/houndoom. One thing I always hated about DP was the lack of fire pokemon available. I prefer to always have a fire Pokemon in my party and I don't really care for the fire starter nor do I like Ponyta/Rapidash's move pool

Back