• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which starter will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 111 42.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 93 35.2%
  • Popplio

Votes: 60 22.7%

• Total voters

GymLeaderLayke

WaterExpertLayke
Years
  • As much as I love Water Types.....Im starting with Rowlet :3c I just love it so much and I love Hoothoot cause I look forward to its evolutions line and shiny forms {XD}

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Hey guys! Something I wanted to ask everyone in this thread: Do you guys have a tradition of picking certain starters over others? Like for myself, I've always picked the Grass-type starters ever since Gen II or so, and that's more or less because I've always been fond of the Grass-type. But I'm thinking, since I'm getting both versions, I might start with Rowlet in one version and then another starter Pokemon in the other, just to break that tradition and see how it feels. I'd probably go Litten to see what starting with a Fire-type would be like.

My main playthrough is still going to be with Rowlet, but it's very tempting to see what a play through with Litten would be like.
    My tradition since Red/Blue was been to pick the fire stater in my first play through.

Years
  • I really like the designs of all 3, but I can't choose yet! Am I the only one that waits until their evolutions are leaked before picking? Lol

JolteonUsedOutrage

National Pokedex Completed!
    Years
  • I dont know if its the design or something else but ive never picked a grass type instead of sniivy in any games. Charmander-Totodile-Torchic-Chimchar-Snivy-Froakie. And i dont intend to this time either. Ill probably pick litten even though its a very used idea and we pretty much already know about it. I hope its going to be a fire/dark tiger with black spikes and better stats than houndoum. Other than that, popplio is the offspring of Dewgong and Samurott and I just dont really like Rowlet even though its unique design.

Bryn9

Playin' Possum
    Years
  • Litten for sure, I mean, come on.. It's a fire kitten, whats not to like? Personally I'm hoping for it to evolve into a Tiger cause I reall bloody love Tigers hehe

Years
  • Litten for sure, I mean, come on.. It's a fire kitten, whats not to like? Personally I'm hoping for it to evolve into a Tiger cause I reall bloody love Tigers hehe

Fire starters tend to follow the pattern for being based on animals in the Chinese Zodiac, so it wouldn't be surprising if it became more like a tiger. Also, we never had a proper tiger Pokemon yet so it looks like the perfect opportunity.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    If I even buy the game I will chose poppleo from the looks of things. I hate all the starters but of the three this one looks the best to me at least. The other new pokemon will really have to be the one that sells the game for me, if they are not interesting I wont be buying.

d

From what I've seen already? Probably Litten, but I could go Popplio as well. It mostly depends on what their evolutions will look like.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Litten for sure, I mean, come on.. It's a fire kitten, whats not to like? Personally I'm hoping for it to evolve into a Tiger cause I reall bloody love Tigers hehe
    Fire dogs are waaaay better than fire kittens.
    I really like the designs of all 3, but I can't choose yet! Am I the only one that waits until their evolutions are leaked before picking? Lol

It's odd when you think about it... we judge the starters so harshly but we don't end up using them much in-game. Do we really care that much about promotional material?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    What if there was a side story that needs you with your starter evo and your friend and rivals other two starter evos in order to enter past a historic landmark to get to a legendary or legendary trio for all three of you to each try and get.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I really like Litten! I still want to wait to decide for the final evolution forms though. If the final evolution is as cool as Litten though than it is a sure pick for me.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • You can probably tell from my theme that I love all three! I just don't know for sure which one I'll be picking because I'm so in love with them! ♥ Which, truthfully, is unusual for me when it comes to starters.

Rolwet is probably the cutest thing I've seen since EVER (plus I adore owls!), Litten is a grumpy hairball-blasting fire kitty (cat lover over here) and Popplio, while a little derpy, is really cute and... and I love seals as well! xD

I'll just have to wait for their evolutions to be announced before I can set my mind on one! I see Rowlet as having the most potential, but Popplio might surprise everyone in the end and win their hearts after all! Please don't be so hard on the little guy.

Spoiler:

Fire dogs are waaaay better than fire kittens.

But we have an abundance of fire dogs as it is (well, if you include foxes) and Litten is adorable in the way that its fur bristles upon attacking! Plus, it's expression is precious. <3 I have really high hopes for him. Then again I'm very much biased, being a maniacal cat lover. xD;

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • I'd probably have to look at the final evolution's before choosing but I usually end up choosing the water starters first since I love water Pokemon. Although, I really like Litten's design - ahhh I don't know, it's too hard! :(

Years
  • I'm leaning towards Rowlet, but I really like all three so it will be their final evolutions that are the determining factor for me.

Years
  • I really like Litten! I still want to wait to decide for the final evolution forms though. If the final evolution is as cool as Litten though than it is a sure pick for me.
    A Litten playthrough presumably turns into Mean Girls half-way through, with Popplio as the enemy. It will hence in all likelihood turn into a concentrated weapon for the destruction of plastic otters. That said, they might still go in some strange directions with this, so you could wait on this.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    I usually always pick the fire starters because they look cool and can hold up well right to the end of the game. I also have a tendency to not have any grass types long-term in my teams but I totally want Rowlet!

Back